Author Topic: Can we stop this stupidity?!? Corona IS dangerous to young people.  (Read 16579 times)

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Re: Can we stop this stupidity ?!?
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2020, 01:17:33 AM »
That's not what people thought when you said "child deformities" in the same sentence as Zika (which could cause microphaly R"L in fetuses).

What's reported in the article you link to is a skin rash, not a deformity.

The comment was by a pediatric intensive care physician.

Found a way to copy; .

I also saw a photo of pediatric "Covid toes" that looks vascular or vascular occlusive in character, similar to DIC toes or in some respects like HUS or RMSF impairment of distal perfusion.

The more we know about how RNA is modifying proteins or genomic messages, the more we will understand how to interfere.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2020, 01:18:33 AM »
Reply by another Dr ;

, here is SO MUCH that we do understand about the pathophysiologic mechanisms of this virus. Every few days something weirdly new emerges. We don't have time to learn, just respond with what we know and then try to learn as much as possible as we go along. Positively and fearsomely frightening.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2020, 01:19:13 AM »
Reply by another Dr ;

That's probably the reason for the picture that consistent with severe Pul HTN and RV failure and an empty LV. The are trying TPA on some patients.

It's Distal Pul DIC without Fibrinolysis.

Offline Proisrael

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG,Hilton,Club Carlson
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2020, 01:26:40 AM »
This forum is becoming more and more like Climate change hysterics. Is it happening? Yes. Should we all cower and lock ourselves inside? NO. Is Corona now the cause of every death in the US? Does it cause abnormal symptoms on .00001% of cases? Yes. Should we be spreading info that babies are now gonna be born with fourteen fingers? NO.

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2020, 01:29:31 AM »
The fact remains that we are talking about a fraction of a fraction of young people suffering a stroke or a rash or whatever. Good Readers Digest cover material. Not majorly concerning for the average young person. Far more to worry about from trampolines or rollerblade injuries. Hardly
For every single moron who thinks that they are not a risk because they are young and healthy.
I’d sooner worry about Greta Thunbergs climate catastrophe.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2020, 01:34:07 AM »
This forum is becoming more and more like Climate change hysterics. Is it happening? Yes. Should we all cower and lock ourselves inside? NO. Is Corona now the cause of every death in the US? Does it cause abnormal symptoms on .00001% of cases? Yes. Should we be spreading info that babies are now gonna be born with fourteen fingers? NO.

I didn't say that, I said that zika was over hyped.

The point was that there is a lot we do not know. And that there are a lot of symptoms coming out

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2020, 01:34:55 AM »

Are you really comparing something that has killed hundreds of Jews and (based on current estimates) kills nearly 1% of everyone infected to climate change?
Wow.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Proisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2020, 01:37:45 AM »
Are you really comparing something that has killed hundreds of Jews and (based on current estimates) kills nearly 1% of everyone infected to climate change?
Wow.

The virus is real and should be taken seriously. (gloves/masks, social distancing). Spreading every kind of rumor about symptoms and scaring pregnant women or people with little kids is called hype. Those things have NOT affected hundreds of Yidden so yes I am making the comparisons about the HYPE of weird symptoms.

Offline simple26

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2020, 01:38:27 AM »
Reply by another Dr ;

That's probably the reason for the picture that consistent with severe Pul HTN and RV failure and an empty LV. The are trying TPA on some patients.

It's Distal Pul DIC without Fibrinolysis.
Not so fluent in medical language are they mainly pointing to symptoms or to actual affects from the virus?

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2020, 01:42:06 AM »
The virus is real and should be taken seriously. (gloves/masks, social distancing). Spreading every kind of rumor about symptoms and scaring pregnant women or people with little kids is called hype. Those things have NOT affected hundreds of Yidden so yes I am making the comparisons about the HYPE of weird symptoms.

While my original post May have come off a little uncertain and inconclusive of what I was trying to express. Saying rumors is part of the problem.

One of the doctors in this discussion is a doctor of 30 years ironically in Mount Sinai and maimonides

I would hardly call this rumors. There are issues that are constantly showing up about this disease. That is baffling doctors accross the spectrum.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2020, 01:43:23 AM »
The fact remains that we are talking about a fraction of a fraction of young people suffering a stroke or a rash or whatever. Good Readers Digest cover material. Not majorly concerning for the average young person. Far more to worry about from trampolines or rollerblade injuries. Hardly I’d sooner worry about Greta Thunbergs climate catastrophe.
Not sure what you mean by young but the amount of people in their 50s dying is nuts, and even the amount of people in their 40s is very troubling, to say the least.

I know of 3 people in their 30s who have died. While as a percentage that’s small, it’s certainly a very very real threat. Do you know 3 people in their 30s who have died of anything else in the last month? 6 months? Year? I’m talking about otherwise healthy people AFAIK who have died in a very short time span. From the tri-state Yeshivish community.

By the way, deaths aren’t the only concern. There are many young people who are and have been on ventilators, hospitalized, or just extremely sick. My sister has a 23 year old cousin and my neighbor has a 29 year old cousin both on ventilators. Even those not hospitalized have reported being sicker than any other time in their lives. Not to mention the concerns @aygart and others always bring up, as far as long lasting damage we have yet to learn of. Certainly all patients’ lungs checked so far have shown terrible terrible damage.

It’s very unnerving when people downplay the threat to their own health because of the relative severity of this disease vis-a-vis “old” people.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2020, 01:46:28 AM »
The virus is real and should be taken seriously. (gloves/masks, social distancing). Spreading every kind of rumor about symptoms and scaring pregnant women or people with little kids is called hype. Those things have NOT affected hundreds of Yidden YET so yes I am making the comparisons about the HYPE of weird symptoms.
FTFY

Al tiftach peh lasatan but with all due respect we have no data either way, and certainly many viruses DO have serious repercussions for unborn children. Chas Vesholom, it should be proven 100% false but to deny that reality is just stupid.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2020, 01:47:27 AM »
The fact remains that we are talking about a fraction of a fraction of young people suffering a stroke or a rash or whatever. Good Readers Digest cover material. Not majorly concerning for the average young person. Far more to worry about from trampolines or rollerblade injuries. Hardly I’d sooner worry about Greta Thunbergs climate catastrophe.
I am basing my concern on science showing that this virus finds a home in testicles. What are the effects of that? Did you know? Neither do I. Does anyone?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2020, 01:48:39 AM »
I am basing my concern on science showing that this virus finds a home in testicles. What are the effects of that? Did you know? Neither do I. Does anyone?
It's far too early to know. H"Y!
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2020, 01:49:42 AM »
Not sure what you mean by young but the amount of people in their 50s dying is nuts, and even the amount of people in their 40s is very troubling, to say the least.

I know of 3 people in their 30s who have died. While as a percentage that’s small, it’s certainly a very very real threat. Do you know 3 people in their 30s who have died of anything else in the last month? 6 months? Year? I’m talking about otherwise healthy people AFAIK who have died in a very short time span. From the tri-state Yeshivish community.

By the way, deaths aren’t the only concern. There are many young people who are and have been on ventilators, hospitalized, or just extremely sick. My sister has a 23 year old cousin and my neighbor has a 29 year old cousin both on ventilators. Even those not hospitalized have reported being sicker than any other time in their lives. Not to mention the concerns @aygart and others always bring up, as far as long lasting damage we have yet to learn of. Certainly all patients’ lungs checked so far have shown terrible terrible damage.

It’s very unnerving when people downplay the threat to their own health because of the relative severity of this disease vis-a-vis “old” people.

I have a 30 year old friend with no pre-existing conditions just got home after a month in the hospital.
Visibly Jewish

Offline Proisrael

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2020, 01:50:18 AM »
While my original post May have come off a little uncertain and inconclusive of what I was trying to express. Saying rumors is part of the problem.

One of the doctors in this discussion is a doctor of 30 years ironically in Mount Sinai and maimonides

I would hardly call this rumors. There are issues that are constantly showing up about this disease. That is baffling doctors accross the spectrum.

Every single disease has a tiny small percentage of weird symptoms. Every pill we take has side effect warnings for tiny percentages of cases. Thats what it should be. Tiny letters on the back of a bottle that nobody reads. Putting it on to a forum as something to worry about is irresponsible.

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2020, 01:51:00 AM »
It's far too early to know. H"Y!
Exactly. I definitely for that we don't find in a few years that all of those bochurim who had it CV end up with such repercussions.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2020, 01:51:08 AM »

Right so that is always been my argument that we don't know enough about this.

The reason I post these articles is that people should read that they're all real concerns and use their head.

Even myself and I am 34 and in prime physical condition (besides for drinking way too much wine)

But I have to keep reminding myself to be cautious once my hand is 15 20 times a day with soap and if I'm out use hand sanitizer and gloves and a mask and everything.

Because we don't know anything about this and it's vastly different than any virus we have ever seen.

A cardiologist of 35 years told me that they don't know why / how covid19 is affecting the heart.

Offline chevron

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2020, 01:52:35 AM »
Every single disease has a tiny small percentage of weird symptoms. Every pill we take has side effect warnings for tiny percentages of cases. Thats what it should be. Tiny letters on the back of a bottle that nobody reads. Putting it on to a forum as something to worry about is irresponsible.

Again, there are still posters claiming it's just like the common flu, I'm showing otherwise.

And it's way too early to know what's going to happen So why would you take the chances? I'm not saying that everybody's not being cautious I'm just putting it out there

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2020, 01:53:22 AM »
You’re right that a small sample size isn’t necessarily a cause for panic, and the article he linked to said as much.

But there is a big difference between a known small danger and a danger which, because of the small sample size to base it on, is not known about yet. You cannot discount the fact that other viruses are dangerous to unborn children, and we have no proof that that’s not the case here. It’s not helpful to fearmonger (verb?) but it’s helpful to point out additional reasons to stay as cautious as possible, even if you think you understand the risks.