Topic Wiki

Author Topic: Bill D’Blasio Warns "The Jewish Community"  (Read 89094 times)

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
Re: Bill D’Blasio Warns "The Jewish Community"
« Reply #300 on: April 30, 2020, 01:40:40 PM »
What is that even supposed to mean?

Per Wikipedia
"Ninety percent of those stopped in 2017 were African-American or Latino, mostly aged 14–24. Seventy percent of those stopped were later found to be innocent.[1][clarification needed] By contrast, 54.1% of the population of New York City in 2010 was African-American or Latino;[2] however, 74.4% of individuals arrested overall were of those two racial groups.[3]"

Targeting a specific ethnic minority - In this case targeting hasidim in williamsburg.

"Some NYPD officers have objected publicly to the department's use of stop-question-and-frisk paperwork as a performance metric, which they claim encourages officers to overuse the practice and creates public hostility. Activists have accused the NYPD of encouraging stops through quotas, which department representatives have denied. In the vast majority of cases, no evidence of wrongdoing is found, and the stopped person is let go.  New York police officer Adrian Schoolcraft made extensive recordings in 2008 and 2009, which documented orders from NYPD officials to search and arrest black people in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood"

Encouraging stops through quotas - While not confirmed, one can only imagine the sergeant saying I need xxx amount of tickets today in Willi.

In case your wondering how bad this is, the mayor never signed an executive order.
https://twitter.com/hasidic_1/status/1255911874895450114

Also attached is a pic from the earth cam from 13HR ago in Times Square showing how ppl within 6ft of each other not wearing a face mask. the place is flooded with NYPD yet do nothing.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 02:20:46 PM by KSMH »
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #302 on: April 30, 2020, 01:44:47 PM »
Visiting open shuls to check for social distancing isn't stop and frisk.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #303 on: April 30, 2020, 01:45:41 PM »
Per Wikipedia
"Ninety percent of those stopped in 2017 were African-American or Latino, mostly aged 14–24. Seventy percent of those stopped were later found to be innocent.[1][clarification needed] By contrast, 54.1% of the population of New York City in 2010 was African-American or Latino;[2] however, 74.4% of individuals arrested overall were of those two racial groups.[3]"

Targeting a specific ethnic minority - In this case targeting hasidim in williamsburg.

Some NYPD officers have objected publicly to the department's use of stop-question-and-frisk paperwork as a performance metric, which they claim encourages officers to overuse the practice and creates public hostility. Activists have accused the NYPD of encouraging stops through quotas, which department representatives have denied. In the vast majority of cases, no evidence of wrongdoing is found, and the stopped person is let go.  New York police officer Adrian Schoolcraft made extensive recordings in 2008 and 2009, which documented orders from NYPD officials to search and arrest black people in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood

Encouraging stops through quotas - While not confirmed, one can only imagine the sergeant saying I need xxx amount of tickets today in Willi.

In case your wondering how bad this is, the mayor never signed an executive order.
https://twitter.com/hasidic_1/status/1255911874895450114

Also attached is a pic from the earth cam from 13HR ago in Times Square showing how ppl within 6ft of each other not wearing a face mask. the place is flooded with NYPD yet do nothing.

I think you might have attached the wrong pic. The pic shows 3 people (one family?) together and nobody else within the block the picture encompasses

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #304 on: April 30, 2020, 01:46:14 PM »
Shuls are allowed to be open with social distancing?

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #305 on: April 30, 2020, 01:47:48 PM »
We are almost there.  :)

No, we're there. You're for burying the truth, and I'm for broadcasting the truth accurately. If your hypothetical headline was true, i.e. it's exclusively Jews and they keep on putting people at risk, complaints of anti-Semitism or incitement wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #306 on: April 30, 2020, 01:48:02 PM »
I think you might have attached the wrong pic. The pic shows 3 people (one family?) together and nobody else within the block the picture encompasses
LOL
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 30, 2020, 01:48:59 PM »
our families have 20 kids + father & mother

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #308 on: April 30, 2020, 01:53:51 PM »
No, we're there. You're for burying the truth, and I'm for broadcasting the truth accurately. If your hypothetical headline was true, i.e. it's exclusively Jews and they keep on putting people at risk, complaints of anti-Semitism or incitement wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
I said you can be accurate without using words that incite many many many times.
You are OK with accurate words even if they incite hate. I am OK with using accurate words that don't incite hate. There is no reason to use words that incite hate. The match is over and you keep wanting play.  :)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 30, 2020, 02:05:53 PM »
Its the pic I intended to attach.
Look closely, the person in the front is visibly not part of the,  couple in the back photographing. The person in the front is actually wearing a mask. NY state EO now requires PPL in proximity of others within 6 ft in public to wear a mask. A clear violation.

You can walk any city park at any time and see it with your own eyes. Yet no one is giving tickets there.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 30, 2020, 02:09:01 PM »

I hear the police are out in full force in willi.

Sounds like stop and frisk style.

My original post did not mention Shuls. They are stopping ppl in the street.

I think my follow up post explained pretty well why my reference might just be accurate.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #311 on: April 30, 2020, 02:14:47 PM »
Its the pic I intended to attach.
Look closely, the person in the front is visibly not part of the,  couple in the back photographing. The person in the front is actually wearing a mask. NY state EO now requires PPL in proximity of others within 6 ft in public to wear a mask. A clear violation.

You can walk any city park at any time and see it with your own eyes. Yet no one is giving tickets there.
If you’re comparing the picture you showed with the pictures in Willy where they’re giving tickets you’re nuts. (By the way, the couple is together so shouldn’t need masks when close, and who says the guy is within 6 feet? Incomparable to Williamsburg.)

There are perhaps a couple of people violating the rules individually but there is not widespread noncompliance in the picture you posted as shown in Williamsburg. There are in other places, but you didn’t show them.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #312 on: April 30, 2020, 02:15:58 PM »
My original post did not mention Shuls. They are stopping ppl in the street.

I think my follow up post explained pretty well why my reference might just be accurate.
Stop and frisk was stopping potentially innocent people in search of a crime. This is stopping people who are clearly committing a crime and issuing a summons. Huh?

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 30, 2020, 02:34:39 PM »
If you’re comparing the picture you showed with the pictures in Willy where they’re giving tickets you’re nuts. (By the way, the couple is together so shouldn’t need masks when close, and who says the guy is within 6 feet? Incomparable to Williamsburg.)

There are perhaps a couple of people violating the rules individually but there is not widespread noncompliance in the picture you posted as shown in Williamsburg. There are in other places, but you didn’t show them.

No need to say I'm nuts. If you are in public and you are within 6 ft of some u need to wear a mask according to the EO.

Why is TS not comparable to Wili?

Also, you can walk any citi park and you can see this first hand and yet no enforcement. Treating one group of people different then another is problematic. The city has not released any  metric indicating SD complaints are moore rampant in willi. As a matter of fact they can go to Domino park or Washington street any day, at most times and give tickets there. 

In willi there was a isolated incident of a funeral that looked bad for the mayor and easy to blame on one group. Most people were most likely actually not crammed together before they intentionally shut the speakers.

Stop and frisk was stopping potentially innocent people in search of a crime. This is stopping people who are clearly committing a crime and issuing a summons. Huh?

I said stop and frisk style and I referenced wikipedia to explain in a follow up post.  Just to add, many ppl stopped in willi were just out and about without a mask, that's not illegal. If you are within 6 ft of each other you need to wear a mask. So, if they did something illegal you can read the post referencing wikipedia and if they did nothing illegal then it matches your reasoning for a possible comparison to stop and frisk.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #314 on: April 30, 2020, 02:38:46 PM »
No need to say I'm nuts. If you are in public and you are within 6 ft of some u need to wear a mask according to the EO.

Why is TS not comparable to Wili?

Also, you can walk any citi park and you can see this first hand and yet no enforcement. Treating one group of people different then another is problematic. The city has not released any  metric indicating SD complaints are moore rampant in willi. As a matter of fact they can go to Domino park or Washington street any day, at most times and give tickets there. 

In willi there was a isolated incident of a funeral that looked bad for the mayor and easy to blame on one group. Most people were most likely actually not crammed together before they intentionally shut the speakers.

I said stop and frisk style and I referenced wikipedia to explain in a follow up post.  Just to add, many ppl stopped in willi were just out and about without a mask, that's not illegal. If you are within 6 ft of each other you need to wear a mask. So, if they did something illegal you can read the post referencing wikipedia and if they did nothing illegal then it matches your reasoning for a possible comparison to stop and frisk.
Do you seriously believe that there is an equal rate of noncompliance in NY among non-Jews, are less/non frum Jews? Truth.

I don’t think you can say yes with a straight face. And I don’t get my news from the media.

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 30, 2020, 02:43:59 PM »
Do you seriously believe that there is an equal rate of noncompliance in NY among non-Jews, are less/non frum Jews? Truth.

I don’t think you can say yes with a straight face. And I don’t get my news from the media.
Dont generalize all jews please. In queens I haven't seen a jew without a mask.
I'm not who you think I am.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #316 on: April 30, 2020, 02:50:12 PM »
Dont generalize all jews please. In queens I haven't seen a jew without a mask.
If you think I’m generalizing all Jews you need to reread what I wrote.

Although I am generalizing all Chassidishe/more Yeshivish ones. Note I said *rate* of noncompliance. Not that everyone is non compliant.

Offline yungermanchik

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: Previous Signatures: If you chapped hana'ah from a post, like it; You think you know the answers and things are the way they seem.. it just ain't so -The Rebbe from Lublin-
« Reply #317 on: April 30, 2020, 03:01:51 PM »

YES

I passed parks in the car and there were tons of people right near each other there. Very few had masks. Very few were Jewish.
Small people talk about other people.
Average people talk about things
BIG PEOPLE TALK ABOUT IDEAS.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 30, 2020, 03:13:32 PM »

My answer is 100% YES. Yes, that's 100% YES.

A quick comparison.

The few shuls that are open, (INMHO they can legally be open) all have SD practices comparable to any store.  You don't have to agree moraly to the fact that they are open. You just have to look at the facts regarding SD practices.

Events in jewish community have been at par with events in no jewish communities. Just look at this.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8235937/Brooklyn-barbershop-busted-underground-party-50-people-defying-social-distancing.html .
https://guestofaguest.com/weddings/weddings-101/greenpoint-rooftop-wedding-paula-ken-quarantine - For them 5 was the number they chose, as that was important to them others such as jews have large families and 5 is just a half of the brides siblings. A photographer was important so that was permitted. You get my point PPl in very community, some have cancelled and some have preceded with what they consider a minimum and some just do  whatever they want. .

Remember the events you are hearing about are usually weddings or alike with immediate family and with maximum SD. The police in many cases cite PPl illegally such as the case in lakewood when one family was another's front lawn getting cited for child endangerment. Its more about the optics then the facts.

Funerals, there have been many documented cases of large funerals by non jews, but that's ok because they don't look a specific way.
https://twitter.com/OJPAC/status/1254588384837865472?s=20

Stores- In LKWD no warnings issed but citations yet in other areas https://www.nj.com/ocean/2020/04/nj-gym-owner-charged-after-ignoring-order-to-stay-closed-during-coronavirus-pandemic.html - Multible warnings.

I think any reasonable person will tell you that based on citations and population rate for LAKEWOOD VS Newark, its not much different.

Now while I wasn't at the funeral in willi, these are what ppl are reporting.
The NYPD was notified in advance that a lot of PPL will show up for the funeral, so they (NYPD and Shomrim)
-Coordinated masks to be disturbed
-Set up speakers
-Set up barricades
-Plans were in place for people to enforce social distancing.

Once the funeral started the NYPD ordered the speakers to be shut, which obviously caused people to gather closely to see what's going on. I'm guessing they didn't want speakers because of optics.

Once ppl got closer together, the reporters on seen, sadly Jewish, tweeted as if the world is collapsing.

De Blasio saw this and chaos ensued. 

Remember- Optics of Jews standing together is worse then thousands of NY'rs standing together thousands of NY City residents standing together watching a flyer. So, bring in the police and make them VISIBLE so ppl know who is in charge.
Edited due to @CountValentine observation.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 03:26:43 PM by KSMH »

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 30, 2020, 03:16:55 PM »
If you think I’m generalizing all Jews you need to reread what I wrote.

Although I am generalizing all Chassidishe/more Yeshivish ones. Note I said *rate* of noncompliance. Not that everyone is non compliant.

I think you're flat out wrong. at least were I live. I was in the grocery yesterday and every jew (many) wore a mask yet some gentlemans were not.

Living in a city is different then in other settings. City lifestyle is different and rate of non compliance is most likely higher among any group then in rural setting.

Again I challenge you to go to any MAJOR NYC park and see for yourself.