Topic Wiki

The substantial substance of your sustained subsistent substance has subdued me into subversion.

« Last edited by Iz on May 05, 2020, 11:24:47 AM »

Author Topic: 5 Towns/Rockaway Rabbonim Ban All Minyanim Due To COVID-19 (Split Topic)  (Read 86750 times)

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
What boredom can do to ppl.... this has def been fun but I’m totally out of pop corn

Offline sammyp

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Re: 5 Towns/Rockaway Master Thread
« Reply #221 on: May 05, 2020, 06:33:35 AM »
Please stop with the hearsay it’s too dangerous here to just varf some hock. Please provide sources, names and backup material. Would love to see the research that was done to come to such a conclusive decision.

Anyway, my friend, while I do enjoy arguing with you on these forums (as eye-opening and frighting as it has been). DDF will not change the psak of the Rabbanim. I invite you to call up Rabbi Brown, Rabbi Bender, Rabbi Perr, Rabbi Finer and let them know of all the knowledge you profess to have. (Chas veshalom I would never suggest you call the the YU or YI rabbis - May catch the apikurses through the phone).

Who knows? Maybe you will convince them that you are better informed than Rabbi-Dr Glatt and Dr Bergman and we will all be back in Shuls coughing on each other’s chulent this Shabbos.
Its being worked on. Stay tuned. Hopefully there will be a letter coming out and minyanim opening this Shabbos, IYH. Probably no chulent though. I have never eaten by a kiddush anyways. I go to shul to daven.

Offline Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
Topic split and moved.

Thanks. If only DDF had a board called Recycle Bin to move this to....

But seriously guys, please stop. You've depleted my popcorn supply. I don't have much left and I need to save it for when some other innocent thread gets massacred.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Help!

Not another minyan thread.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #224 on: May 05, 2020, 09:18:53 AM »
Yeah, my bad, you guys blew my cover. I’m trolling you completely, this virus is a walk in the park. Enjoy.

Adios!
I finally say Adios to a thread and what do you know, it follows me here.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: May 05, 2020, 09:36:52 AM »
Its being worked on. Stay tuned. Hopefully there will be a letter coming out and minyanim opening this Shabbos, IYH. Probably no chulent though. I have never eaten by a kiddush anyways. I go to shul to daven.

Mamash a tzaddik in our midst!

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
the chance of harm goes up about .1% when davening in a shul.
What does "chance of harm" mean? That of 1000 people coming to a shul one will die from coming?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 05, 2020, 10:45:48 AM »
Mamash a tzaddik in our midst!

It was in response to your silly comment somehow connecting cholent with minyan. I, and probably most people, don't think of cholent when we talk about wanting to get back to shul.  For some reason, cholent seemed to be on your mind.

Anyways, you invited me to contact the Rabbis (which I have been working in anyways). I am happy to let you know it seems that progress is being made. So for those of us longing to daven with a minyan and reading from a Sefer Torah, we have what to look forward to.

But for you who associates chulent with Shul, I am sorry. I don't believe they are going to allow that yet. You can stay home.

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 05, 2020, 10:47:19 AM »
Which gadol? Feel free to PM, if you don't want to post the name.
i think he’s referring to a VERY known godel in BP.
I don’t think posting a name here is the right thing.

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 05, 2020, 10:48:02 AM »
...for those of us longing to daven with a minyan and reading from a Sefer Torah...
I hope you realize how disgusting this comment is.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2020, 10:48:51 AM »
He asked for a PM. If you don’t mind, please PM me as well. Thanks!

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
What does "chance of harm" mean? That of 1000 people coming to a shul one will die from coming?

No. It means zero will die.

BTW, even when the souls open, they are going to advise those at high risk to stay home.

I would advise everyone to go for the IGG test and check for antibodies. Even some of our local doctors are now saying there is almost no chance of getting it a second time any time soon. The test is covered by most insurance. Just make sure to get a reliable test done.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 05, 2020, 10:52:11 AM »

I actually was not referring to that Gadol. I heard it from another one. But more than one has said it.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 05, 2020, 10:54:10 AM »
What if someone in your minyan is really there for the cholent? Does he count? Is the shliach tzibbur making a bracha l'vatala? Is there a special yehi ratzon for davening with those not worthy? Does he have to hold a chumash to be mashlim? When you look in the mirror, does it tell you that you are the fairest of them all?

Did you take the time to read the original comment I was responding to? Obviously not. That would be too difficult I guess. Much easier to attack.

Offline reed

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2020, 10:57:50 AM »
It was in response to your silly comment somehow connecting cholent with minyan. I, and probably most people, don't think of cholent when we talk about wanting to get back to shul.  For some reason, cholent seemed to be on your mind.

Anyways, you invited me to contact the Rabbis (which I have been working in anyways). I am happy to let you know it seems that progress is being made. So for those of us longing to daven with a minyan and reading from a Sefer Torah, we have what to look forward to.

But for you who associates chulent with Shul, I am sorry. I don't believe they are going to allow that yet. You can stay home.

Rabbosi - we have finally hit the crux of the issue - it’s chulent!! I knew we would get there - it took a while but finally we have arrived.

The town’s Rabbanim and doctors only want shul for cholent - hence - no cholent no minyan. But there are a few (like our friend Sammyp) who stand up and shouts NO! Mi Lahasem alai- those that want shul open for davening and not cholent - stand with me!

A modern day Pinchas in our midst. I for one am humbled.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #235 on: May 05, 2020, 10:59:32 AM »
Did you take the time to read the original comment I was responding to? Obviously not. That would be too difficult I guess. Much easier to attack.
You sound like a real Ben Torah, a true inspiration to us all. You are truly holier than all of us, and care much more deeply about Hashem and doing Mitzvos than the average lay person.

I feel blessed to have been able to engage with you in this coherent, logical, Torahdike fact finding mission.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #236 on: May 05, 2020, 11:00:53 AM »
I actually was not referring to that Gadol. I heard it from another one. But more than one has said it.
At what point did they say it, and to which community? Both of those obviously matter a great deal to this discussion

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 05, 2020, 11:02:33 AM »
Rabbosi - we have finally hit the crux of the issue - it’s chulent!! I knew we would get there - it took a while but finally we have arrived.

The town’s Rabbanim and doctors only want shul for cholent - hence - no cholent no minyan. But there are a few (like our friend Sammyp) who stand up and shouts NO! Mi Lahasem alai- those that want shul open for davening and not cholent - stand with me!

A modern day Pinchas in our midst. I for one am humbled.

I give you credit for at least understanding yourself. Many do not.

Please keep in.mind, you were the first and only one to mention cholent. Nobody else was thinking about it. But when you can't argue substance, you start doing wombat you are doing.

I guess you are not happy to hear minyanim might open and you're actually going to have to get out of bed and get dressed and go to shul. You'll have to spend more than 5 minutes davening and might even have to listen to hisorirus from a Rov...

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
No. It means zero will die.
How does .1% mean zero? Mathematically it is one out of a thousand?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 05, 2020, 11:08:15 AM »
At what point did they say it, and to which community? Both of those obviously matter a great deal to this discussion

They were talking to us and it was at the peak.

From the way you write, it seems that you don't really care anyways. Your comments are nasty, attacking, and lack any substance. Either you don't bother reading the substance people write, or you simply don't understand.

This thread has a lot of substance on both sides. Then there are the few oisvurfs who have nothing smart to say. They are the baalei gaava who feel those who disagree with them are rightist Lakewooders who belong in caves, not in the Five Towns.

I feel bad for those few. There lives seem pretty miserable.