Topic Wiki

The substantial substance of your sustained subsistent substance has subdued me into subversion.

« Last edited by Iz on May 05, 2020, 11:24:47 AM »

Author Topic: 5 Towns/Rockaway Rabbonim Ban All Minyanim Due To COVID-19 (Split Topic)  (Read 86740 times)

Offline reed

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
There were more than one.b One Rov said he verified with other colleagues and their names were also put on without authorization.

They don't put out a letter because they are not on a campaign and do not have an agenda. They communicate with their Kehila and their Kehila know what their Rov holds. These Rabonim don't really care what everyone else says or thinks about them.

If their names were signed without their permission but they don’t want anyone to know this - I think they should choose a new profession.

Offline yaakov35

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
If their names were signed without their permission but they don’t want anyone to know this - I think they should choose a new profession.
You clearly have no idea about the backstory With all of this, so stop coming here just to make hock. Get your facts straight and then come back

Offline JMHO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
1000%

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline reed

• View Profile
You clearly have no idea about the backstory With all of this, so stop coming here just to make hock. Get your facts straight and then come back

Only facts that matter is that someone claimed there are Rabbis whose signatures were attached to a letter they didn’t agree with and without their permission but they didn’t speak up about it and don’t allow this information to be public. If this fact is true it doesn’t matter about any other circumstantial facts - these Rabbis should be ashamed and rethink their ability to take on such an important responsibility as a Rabbi of congregation. If you can’t stand by your psak or even worse when someone falsely attributes a psak to you and you just let it be......

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
can you please elaborate?

Offline reed

• View Profile
Only facts that matter is that someone claimed there are Rabbis whose signatures were attached to a letter they didn’t agree with and without their permission but they didn’t speak up about it and don’t allow this information to be public. If this fact is true it doesn’t matter about any other circumstantial facts - these Rabbis should be ashamed and rethink their ability to take on such an important responsibility as a Rabbi of congregation. If you can’t stand by your psak or even worse when someone falsely attributes a psak to you and you just let it be......

Sorry if the backstory is someone is holding a gun to his head then I take back what I said..... but as interesting as the backstory is I can’t imagine it went that far but hey you never know with these YI Rabbis and Doctors

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
Do you not realize that this is a huge political debate in the 5TS and it isn't as easy as positing a letter?!. They keep having votes and it's a very complicated matter. In any event it really isn't anyone's here place to be judging any of these rabbonim or to be commenting on a matter to which they have no clue as to the whereabouts or the makings. Its foolish and naive to come here read 3 comments and make any decisions or comments  based on that

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Do you not realize that this is a huge political debate in the 5TS and it isn't as easy as positing a letter?!. They keep having votes and it's a very complicated matter. In any event it really isn't anyone's here place to be judging any of these rabbonim or to be commenting on a matter to which they have no clue as to the whereabouts or the makings. Its foolish and naive to come here read 3 comments and make any decisions or comments  based on that
You still didn't say anything or answer his point.

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
Sorry if the backstory is someone is holding a gun to his head then I take back what I said..... but as interesting as the backstory is I can’t imagine it went that far but hey you never know with these YI Rabbis and Doctors
I think u don't realize that r billet is not big in the chareidi community and no rabbonim are really making decisions based on his opinions. Yes he's a big talmid chuchum but he in no way reflects the opinion of the right wing kehilas in the 5ts

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
I can understand a position of not going publicly in favor of minyanim.
What I don’t understand is, if a signature was placed without permission why are they keeping quiet about it, I think this is unprecedented, and if there’s a reason I would appreciate if you can post it @yaakov35

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
You still didn't say anything or answer his point.
And I'm not going to, just telling him to stop talking about something he has no clue about

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
I can understand a position of not going publicly in favor of minyanim.
What I don’t understand is, if a signature was placed without permission why are they keeping quiet about it, I think this is unprecedented, and if there’s a reason I would appreciate if you can post it @yaakov35
There getting backlash either way, easier to leave things status quo. Their misspalelim know there opinions and that's that

Offline reed

• View Profile

Aha, so the Rabbi couldn’t handle the political pressure so he was ok with someone falsely signing his name to a letter he disagreed with. I mean I’m only a lawyer not a rabbi but if someone signed my name on something that I didn’t draft or worse didn’t agree with (or worse someone did that to one of my clients) - I sure as hell wouldn’t be silent about it.

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
And I'm not going to, just telling him to stop talking about something he has no clue about
Have fun. You didn't post anything that would make anyone stop.

Offline reed

• View Profile
I think u don't realize that r billet is not big in the chareidi community and no rabbonim are really making decisions based on his opinions. Yes he's a big talmid chuchum but he in no way reflects the opinion of the right wing kehilas in the 5ts

Rabbi Jeager signed the letter and another letter this Friday about no
Outdoor minyanim. Is he big in the charidi community and right wing kehillas?

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
Aha, so the Rabbi couldn’t handle the political pressure so he was ok with someone falsely signing his name to a letter he disagreed with. I mean I’m only a lawyer not a rabbi but if someone signed my name on something that I didn’t draft or worse didn’t agree with (or worse someone did that to one of my clients) - I sure as hell wouldn’t be silent about it.
Stop

Offline reed

• View Profile

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
Have fun.
Doesn't bother me lol. I'm just saying for his own mental health it's better to leave things as is

Offline reed

• View Profile