Topic Wiki

The substantial substance of your sustained subsistent substance has subdued me into subversion.

« Last edited by Iz on May 05, 2020, 11:24:47 AM »

Author Topic: 5 Towns/Rockaway Rabbonim Ban All Minyanim Due To COVID-19 (Split Topic)  (Read 88352 times)

Online ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
BH they are alive and well and safely away from NY at the moment.
Chasdei Hashem.

I just meant that emails from local shuls didn't necessarily mean the niftar lived locally

Offline Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
It sounded like the niftarim were by-and-large locals.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Offline sammyp

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
I’m trying to listen to both sides. You’re representing one side here, and you’re not offering proof for your assertions. The “other side” offered a fair amount of linked/quoted/referenced sources.

You referred to many infectious disease doctors and professionals having a position, back that statement up with a source, a list of sources, or at least a list of some of these professionals, or I will be skeptical.

One side only produced quotes and references from one source. If you are relying solely on sources on this thread, there was also one infectious disease doctor who disputed the facts presented on the other side.

you need to do your own homework, but here are some recents: (There is a ton more out htere if you ar really interested to learn.

https://matzav.com/watch-on-ben-shapiros-show-dr-scott-atlas-says-confining-people-to-their-homes-makes-no-sense/
https://www.thecentersquare.com/national/doctors-shut-downs-counter-decades-of-medical-science-overestimation-of-fatality-rates-caused-unwarranted-panic/article_2aaf567c-8e51-11ea-868b-5f5b518155a4.html
https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/494034-the-data-are-in-stop-the-panic-and-end-the-total-isolation

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
The article states that cause of death was coronavirus.
Here are 2 more articles that specifically state cause of death was coronavirus. I also know someone was in touch with him his final week who said he was sick with COVID at home for a week before he was niftar.
https://www.jta.org/quick-reads/yaakov-perlow-leader-of-novominsker-hasidim-and-a-top-orthodox-rabbi-dies-of-coronavirus-at-89
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/featured/1847887/bde-the-novominsker-rebbe-ztl-head-of-agudas-yisrael-moetzes-gedolei-torah-is-niftar.html

His son in law lives here in the Five Towns. So does his grandson. Both are very chosuva Rabonim here. You can ask them. If you need to find them, you can probably catch them by mincha/maariv tonight.

Online S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
His son in law lives here in the Five Towns. So does his grandson. Both are very chosuva Rabonim here. You can ask them. If you need to find them, you can probably catch them by mincha/maariv tonight.
So they’ll stick around to chap a shmooze? Very Frum
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
I hope this quarantine ends soon so u can walk outside get some fresh air and calm down alittle

Offline JMHO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
According to many Doctors and professionals it is still not clear that this Stay at Home initiative helped much at all.

I guess you didn't have family members, neighbors, friends,l or co-workers DIE from COVID-19 which is why you think this is all a joke.

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
His grandson signed the letter banning all minyanim ::)

And yes, I know all the politics about it (Mikvah, etc)

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
if you don't realize that in theory lockdowns are nice but they don't actually help and hashem runs the world, them idk if anyone can help u
It's called hishtadlus my friend...

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
One side only produced quotes and references from one source. If you are relying solely on sources on this thread, there was also one infectious disease doctor who disputed the facts presented on the other side.

you need to do your own homework, but here are some recents: (There is a ton more out htere if you ar really interested to learn.

https://matzav.com/watch-on-ben-shapiros-show-dr-scott-atlas-says-confining-people-to-their-homes-makes-no-sense/
https://www.thecentersquare.com/national/doctors-shut-downs-counter-decades-of-medical-science-overestimation-of-fatality-rates-caused-unwarranted-panic/article_2aaf567c-8e51-11ea-868b-5f5b518155a4.html
https://thehill.com/opinion/healthcare/494034-the-data-are-in-stop-the-panic-and-end-the-total-isolation
Do you have real facts or only opinion pieces?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online EliJelly

• View Profile
And yes, I know all the politics about
Selective about what you know??
Most Chasidishe shuls did close down at the beginning of the outbreak and they remained closed until after Pesach.
Um, are you kidding me?
No. Most were closed. What exactly is your agenda?!!

Offline yaakov35

• View Profile
It's called hishtadlus my friend...
Staying 6 feet away from people is one thing, but locking up in ur house when it doesn't help anyway? Cmon

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
Selective about what you know??
I don't make up facts like some others. I only speak to what I know.

Online EliJelly

• View Profile
I don't make up facts like some others. I only speak to what I know.
You know very little, certainly wasn't the case here
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 02:04:15 PM by EliJelly »

Offline JMHO

• View Profile
You know very little
Very mature. Thank you

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
I personally did. I was very into the lockdown until my grandfather who was in his house since way before purim got corona and died, and when my grandmother's entire nursing home got corona and 50% of the place died even tho they were all on lockdown. Thats when I realized that at this point we can try keeping people away from each other but a Lockdown will be useless. As far as minyanim go, my parents neighborhood in ny has their shuls open the entire time each had over 200 misspalelim with distancing but no restrictions plenty of people over 60 nobody got sick or died. I'm not saying its smart or endorsing in anyway. Simply saying that the the correlation shuls open =uncertain death is simply untrue. ya if you don't realize that in theory lockdowns are nice but they don't actually help and hashem runs the world, them idk if anyone can help u
I call BS.
Nobody got infected? Again, I call BS.
Pretty much, yes

Hashem runs the world is a cop out excuse when it’s too annoying to do your hishtadlus. Don’t go to work Hashem runs the world. Better yet, don’t learn, Hashem runs the world, he’ll get the Torah in you somehow.

It’s people who lack emunah in the first place who keep needing to reinforce how Hashem runs the world. Go out and learn a Sefer before giving your sanctimonious mussar about our jobs. You’re a murderer, also. Even if someone pulls the trigger Hashem runs the world so don’t worry.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile

I don't know if they'll stay around or not. But if they do, it would be from a distance which is legal and safe.

They are both great men. Great Talmidei Chochomim, very humble and soft spoken. I don't think disparaging them will serve you well.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
I don't know if they'll stay around or not. But if they do, it would be from a distance which is legal and safe.

They are both great men. Great Talmidei Chochomim, very humble and soft spoken. I don't think disparaging them will serve you well.
I’m not the one doing the disparaging here

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
I guess you didn't have family members, neighbors, friends,l or co-workers DIE from COVID-19 which is why you think this is all a joke.

I did have very close family members and friends who died, some who barely made it, and I also had Corona myself. I also spent weeks helping to save the lives of family members who barely made it. I do not think it's a joke at all. I do think some of the extra precautions are useless and counterproductive though.

I also believe most people who will get it, already got it. In my family and many others, some got it and some did not. We did not quarantine within the house. We shared bathrooms, ate meals together, and lived in the house normally. Still, some people did not get it, and the doctors they are seeing this with many families.

There is no reason to create panic and fear. Let people out in a safe and legal manner and we'll all be better off. Start by davening with a minyan.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
His grandson signed the letter banning all minyanim ::)

And yes, I know all the politics about it (Mikvah, etc)

I don't know if he signed or not, but I doubt he's missed a minyan yet.