Topic Wiki

The substantial substance of your sustained subsistent substance has subdued me into subversion.

« Last edited by Iz on May 05, 2020, 11:24:47 AM »

Author Topic: 5 Towns/Rockaway Rabbonim Ban All Minyanim Due To COVID-19 (Split Topic)  (Read 88577 times)

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Time to close this thread
Well, it seems like the ban on one person was all it needed. Hopefully, he will take the time out to rethink his outlook a little.

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Time to close this thread
It has been a real eyeopener.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com

There was something you saw here that you hadn't seen a million times already?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent

wow didnt really all it took was for one fanatic to make your eyes open

Offline reed

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
Other than that one individual (which left a terrible taste in my mouth) I am glad that the rest of us saw him for what it was. Assuming this is at all a sample of the community I am glad that most of us are responsible, mature and educated (Including self-education) on things that count.

Makes me incredibly proud to be part of this community.

Online CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
wow didnt really all it took was for one fanatic to make your eyes open
There is more to this thread than one "fanatic" as you call him.  ;)
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
Other than that one individual (which left a terrible taste in my mouth) I am glad that the rest of us saw him for what it was. Assuming this is at all a sample of the community I am glad that most of us are responsible, mature and educated (Including self-education) on things that count.

Makes me incredibly proud to be part of this community.

And I’m proud as well, even though my Rabbi paskened, that we may daven with a porch minyan. I don’t feel the need to cram his psak down everyone’s throat. Everyone should do what their Rabbi says, without the disparaging remarks made by both sides of the argument, in this thread.

Offline yossig

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
tip of the iceberg

Offline reed

• View Profile
Also I advocate for keeping this thread open so it can be ised as an aggregation of information regarding minyinim (and hopefully other activities like camps and schools when they start opening eventually) for the community. Some of us may only be on one email list but would like to get an overall picture of what the poskim and doctors are saying in the community and thinking things through themselves. I think it can definitely be done without the disgusting comments that have been spread by an individual.

Offline joeb1

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, CPA, Travel Agent
I think close it
if you need info each rabbi is most likely sending weekly updates (which is whom you should be following) so we dont need to hear everyone's 2 cents here

Offline reed

• View Profile
I think close it
if you need info each rabbi is most likely sending weekly updates (which is whom you should be following) so we dont need to hear everyone's 2 cents here

I meant if we want info from more than just the one our shul is sending out. More information is always better.

Offline Mootkim

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
Honestly, @sammyp if you would be writing like a mentch (including with passion) I would think that you are simply yearning to fulfill mitzvos in the best way. Once I started seeing how every single point that anyone makes leads to you making personal attacks on everyone who disagrees with you it makes me say that the more you argue for mitzvos in such a manner the bigger chillul hashem you are making. This is the quintisential oy shelomdoi torah chas vsholom. Is the the way Hashem wants you to promote his tfilos? Are mitzvos which come from this what hashem is looking for?
Couldn't agree more. I heard from a rosh yeshiva in Lakewood that many of the people who are such advocates of trying to make illegal minyanim or even legal ones but are completely consumed with it are the same people he sees either missing minyan all year or sitting in the back schmoozing the entire davening. The tone and the attacks makes me think that he may be part of that group.

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Couldn't agree more. I heard from a rosh yeshiva in Lakewood that many of the people who are such advocates of trying to make illegal minyanim or even legal ones but are completely consumed with it are the same people he sees either missing minyan all year or sitting in the back schmoozing the entire davening. The tone and the attacks makes me think that he may be part of that group.

To be fair, when we posted on our block chat that we were looking to form a minyan this past shabbos, we were equally attacked

Offline reed

• View Profile

To be fair, when we posted on our block chat that we were looking to form a minyan this past shabbos, we were equally attacked

On my block chat most people said they won’t join until their Rabbis the green light so there was no minyan. There was no “attacking” but we probably belong to 5/6 different shuls and only one Rabbi said to make block minyan so it didn’t happen.

Offline Mootkim

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
On my block chat most people said they won’t join until their Rabbis the green light so there was no minyan. There was no “attacking” but we probably belong to 5/6 different shuls and only one Rabbi said to make block minyan so it didn’t happen.
Only one said that you should or that you could? I know of 2 who said you can (basically sent out that whole letter and added their name to it).

Offline ethana

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
I thought this was done...

Offline reed

• View Profile
Only one said that you should or that you could? I know of 2 who said you can (basically sent out that whole letter and added their name to it).

Could I guess? I don’t remember what the letter said.

Online aygart

• View Profile
I've said it here numerous times but I am no Rosh Yeshiva.

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
someone tried arguing that no minyan should be allowed because it's breaking the achdus. If everyone isfollowing their own Rav and being respectful of the other side, is that actually a halachic consideration?

Online aygart

• View Profile
someone tried arguing that no minyan should be allowed because it's breaking the achdus. If everyone isfollowing their own Rav and being respectful of the other side, is that actually a halachic consideration?

Apparently the rabbonim allowing them do not feel it is enough of one to change their minds.