Topic Wiki

The substantial substance of your sustained subsistent substance has subdued me into subversion.

« Last edited by Iz on May 05, 2020, 11:24:47 AM »

Author Topic: 5 Towns/Rockaway Rabbonim Ban All Minyanim Due To COVID-19 (Split Topic)  (Read 86803 times)

Offline ushdadude

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
I wouldn't necessarily characterize it like that. I feel they are acting more out of (very misplaced) religious conviction (and feel-goodism) than the other camp.
i don't understand this. can you please clarify?

Online Sam Finkelstein

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
i don't understand this. can you please clarify?
Draw your own conclusions, but I note that the people pushing for minyanim by-and-large represent groups that take their religion very seriously.
Formula for success: rise early, work hard, strike oil. –J. Paul Getty

Online JMHO

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
The problem is exactly this. They shouldn’t be working with him, they should be filing a lawsuit and send a message that we shouldn’t have to compromise on our constitutional rights!
Ok Mister Askan. That's now how this works.

Online JMHO

• View Profile
But where is the Agudah who takes millions of dollars to be our advocacy group?
Where do they take these millions from?

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Where do they take these millions from?
Siyum hashas

Offline chinagel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
It should be. They’ve been getting stonewalled by the governor for weeks. Tonight they released a statement asking nicely.

Offline ari3

• View Profile
The gov of Michigan backed down about religious services after a lawsuit was filed. The Gov of NJ coincidentally started his drip drip of loosening a day a two after a large protest outside his press conference.

And sometimes the lawsuits actually work as they have in NC and OR

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Leave the Rabbanim out of it for a minute. I think the letter is more about pointing out that people have all of a sudden become "frum" by being anti-minyan. (Yes, anti-minyan more than pro-health, it seems, unfortunately.)
The same way some have become rebellious by being pro minyan.
That comment is disgraceful

There are many people that actually care about davening with a minyan although many here find that hard to believe
Which word of "some" didn't you understand?
Even with the lack of comprehension, why is one disgraceful and not the other? Does it by any chance have to do with your personal preferences?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline EliJelly

• View Profile
Rest assured that there are MANY askanim advocating to reopen shuls. Typically they don't take to twitter every step of theirs, but tens of thousand of yidden all across NY are already benefiting from it.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 10:10:16 PM by EliJelly »

Offline sammyp

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
Rest assured that there MANY askanim advocating to reopen shuls. Typically they don't take to twitter every step of theirs, but tens of thousand of yidden all across NY are already benefiting from it.
There are shuls and Yeshivos legally open in NJ. There are shuls and Yeshivas legally open in Monsey, Boro Park, Williamsburg, and all over the place. The Five Towns was the first to close, and will be the last to open. That is nothing to be proud of. And it's not our leadership to blame. It is us. If we would be begging our leadership and showing we sincerely want to be invited back to our mekomos haKedoshim, they would push more and advocate harder for us. In matter of fact, there are a few places here who will legally open any day now. They will be getting special permission because they are pushing harder. I know a Rov who is busy all day with connections in Albany trying to get his place open.

At this point, even Dr. Glatt is giving the green light to over night camps. I don't mean for the summer, I mean for right now. There is absolutely no reason not to open shuls now, at least for people who test positive for antibodies.

Attached is a letter from a locally based sleep-away camp using Dr. Glatts guidelines. Now he finally admits there is no chance to get Covid if you have antibodies. He has a plan for those who test negative, but at this point most are expected to be positive.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 10:27:57 PM by sammyp »

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Shuls and Yeshivos open legally? Really? Am I living under a rock? Or are we dealing with alternative facts again?

Online aygart

• View Profile
There are shuls and Yeshivos legally open in NJ. There are shuls and Yeshivas legally open in Monsey, Boro Park, Williamsburg, and all over the place. The Five Towns was the first to close, and will be the last to open. That is nothing to be proud of. And it's not our leadership to blame. It is us. If we would be begging our leadership and showing we sincerely want to be invited back to our mekomos haKedoshim, they would push more and advocate harder for us. In matter of fact, there are a few places here who will legally open any day now. They will be getting special permission because they are pushing harder. I know a Rov who is busy all day with connections in Albany trying to get his place open.

At this point, even Dr. Glatt is giving the green light to over night camps. I don't mean for the summer, I mean for right now. There is absolutely no reason not to open shuls now, at least for people who test positive for antibodies.

Attached is a letter from a locally based sleep-away camp using Dr. Glatts guidelines. Now he finally admits there is no chance to get Covid if you have antibodies. He has a plan for those who test negative, but at this point most are expected to be positive.
In a few weeks means right now?

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
In a few weeks means right now?

They got the got the permits effective right now. Permission from Dr. Glatt to go up right now. Initially plan was to go up before Shavuos. It just takes a few weeks to get everyone tested, put the plan in place for those who do not have antibodies, and to get everything ready.

There are other Yeshivos who either went up already, or are going up very soon.

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
Shuls and Yeshivos open legally? Really? Am I living under a rock? Or are we dealing with alternative facts again?

The answer is "A". The rock.

Online JMHO

• View Profile
There are shuls and Yeshivos legally open in NJ. There are shuls and Yeshivas legally open in Monsey, Boro Park, Williamsburg, and all over the place.

In matter of fact, there are a few places here who will legally open any day now.

I'm confused. So it's legal now or not?

Online aygart

• View Profile
The answer is "A". The rock.
Here we go again.

Online JMHO

• View Profile
They got the got the permits effective right now. Permission from Dr. Glatt to go up right now. Initially plan was to go up before Shavuos. It just takes a few weeks to get everyone tested, put the plan in place for those who do not have antibodies, and to get everything ready.
This is not true. They are still waiting for certain approvals.

Online mochjas

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver

There are other Yeshivos who either went up already, or are going up very soon.
please name 1 yeshiva in NY or NJ that is legally open....

Offline sammyp

• View Profile
This is not true. They are still waiting for certain approvals.
Sorry, but my information is accurate. They were planning on going up for Shavuos but couldn't get everything together on time. They had the permits last week already.