Author Topic: Uman, Uman, Rosh Hashana???  (Read 9127 times)

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Uman, Uman, Rosh Hashana???
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2020, 03:50:33 AM »
I finally understand the Yetzer Hara of וּמִזַּרְעֲךָ לֹא תִתֵּן לְהַעֲבִיר לַמֹּלֶךְ וְלֹא תְחַלֵּל אֶת שֵׁם אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֲנִי יְהוָה.
that is a very popular argument against anyone who believes in any derech that is not exactly the way i believe.

Online shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 23, 2020, 08:34:49 AM »
that is a very popular argument against anyone who believes in any derech that is not exactly the way i believe.
I think we can draw a line somewhere before "illegally crossing a border through a forest to daven at a kever during a global pandemic".

Online Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #167 on: September 23, 2020, 08:57:28 AM »
I think we can draw a line somewhere before "illegally crossing a border through a forest to daven at a kever during a global pandemic".

That's most definitely not a universal sentiment.
Please wear a mask.

Offline drosenberg88429

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 23, 2020, 09:19:29 AM »

Do you know anyone who went to Miami from NY during pandemic? Anyone who illegally didn't quarantine upon return? Anyone who went to illegal wedding? Anyone who went to place of gathering and illegally didn't wear mask? Anyone who sent kids to illegal camp?

Why are all these illegalities for ones personal indulgence ok, but going to Uman for Rosh Hashanah, which is extremely religiously important for some, is not?

It reminds me of the people waiting in line by pizza store, which was completely fine (after all, people gotta live) as long as nobody made a Barchu.

Online shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 23, 2020, 01:56:00 PM »
Do you know anyone who went to Miami from NY during pandemic? Anyone who illegally didn't quarantine upon return? Anyone who went to illegal wedding? Anyone who went to place of gathering and illegally didn't wear mask? Anyone who sent kids to illegal camp?

Why are all these illegalities for ones personal indulgence ok, but going to Uman for Rosh Hashanah, which is extremely religiously important for some, is not?

It reminds me of the people waiting in line by pizza store, which was completely fine (after all, people gotta live) as long as nobody made a Barchu.
Sneaking across an international border is worse. come on, that's not a serious comparison.

Also, for the record, I was and am agaisnt people not quarantining in Miami or vice versa.

I'm fine with waiting on line socially distanced and masked, and also having a minyan under those circumstances!

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 23, 2020, 07:45:07 PM »

"illegally crossing a border"
gasp!

"to daven at a kever"
is that something bad in youre eyes? like as bad as going to buy ice cream?

"during a global pandemic"
what does that have to do with anything?
u think there were large crowds in the forest?