Poll

Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach (NEW case)?

Don't know
I know in Tri-State area
I know other location in us
I know out of the US

Author Topic: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?  (Read 27583 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
Re: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?
« Reply #450 on: July 09, 2020, 11:24:51 AM »
Fauci said it doesn't seem likely. And along comes a DR who has nothing to do with corona and says he has seen 2 cases. Not even talking about reinfection, just don't believe him.
Lol, now you trust Fauci?
Anyway, he said it's not likely for a period of time. That will vary among different people I'd assume.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline how

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 09, 2020, 11:30:47 AM »

. Today I was discovered to have a new Coronavirus infection.
Jack (redacted)Ē

what does a new coronavirus infection mean?

He got sick or he swabbed positive without symptoms?

I have seen many people with antibodies Have A positive swab with no symptoms. 2 days later they are negative again.

Offline momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 09, 2020, 11:35:19 AM »
Lol, now you trust Fauci?
Anyway, he said it's not likely for a period of time. That will vary among different people I'd assume.
What he says about reinfection might be possible. That being said, Boro park and Williamsburg havenít ever really been closed, but definitely been open for the past 6 weeks. No masks, no social distancing, and I havenít heard of a single case of reinfection. I honestly havenít heard of any new cases at all. One would imagine, that if reinfection was prevalent, this would have happened by now.  Now itís possible that it may take longer, but right now what he is saying is highly suspect. Itís difficult to let go of the spotlight, once the 15 minutes of fame are up.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime Plat, DL Dirt, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Avis Chairman, National EE, Hertz PC
« Reply #453 on: July 09, 2020, 11:38:32 AM »
Nobody has said it's prevalent currently.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline elazarmn

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 09, 2020, 11:39:54 AM »
Ummm...hes not like a pediatrist or an ophthalmologist. Hes a very well known DR.
In fact he even runs a camp for special needs kids!! So if anything he has ALL what to do with Covid-19
Anyway, inappropriate to run down a doctor you have no idea about.
In the future it may be wise to google there name before dismissing their credibility

Offline shaulyaakov

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 09, 2020, 11:42:47 AM »
Nobody has said it's prevalent currently.
Unless there are 2 strains and one doesn't provide immunity to the other.

Offline elazarmn

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 09, 2020, 11:45:05 AM »
What he says about reinfection might be possible. That being said, Boro park and Williamsburg havenít ever really been closed, but definitely been open for the past 6 weeks. No masks, no social distancing, and I havenít heard of a single case of reinfection. I honestly havenít heard of any new cases at all. One would imagine, that if reinfection was prevalent, this would have happened by now.  Now itís possible that it may take longer, but right now what he is saying is highly suspect. Itís difficult to let go of the spotlight, once the 15 minutes of fame are up.
What Dr. D said was that as soon as the antibodies ware off we are going to see a surge in cases. That is why he gave the example of that guy in deal. He donated plasma and when those antibodies left he wasnt virus proof anymore

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 09, 2020, 11:47:22 AM »
Ummm...hes not like a pediatrist or an ophthalmologist. Hes a very well known DR.
In fact he even runs a camp for special needs kids!! So if anything he has ALL what to do with Covid-19
In the future it may be wise to google there name before dismissing their credibility
He's a pediatrician.

He lost all credibility throughout corona. The one that bothers me the most is when he told a group of sfardi rabbis "1/4 people here will die from corona"
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 09, 2020, 11:48:09 AM »
What Dr. D said was that as soon as the antibodies ware off we are going to see a surge in cases. That is why he gave the example of that guy in deal. He donated plasma and when those antibodies left he wasnt virus proof anymore
You mean he's still Dr Doom & Gloom?

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 09, 2020, 12:03:11 PM »
There have been a number of comments recently about the changes Covid has brought about to people's personalities. Your posts make me question how Covid has affected you. You are DDF's ultimate Lubavitcher. Your profile picture is 770. The most painful part of the restrictions for you was your inability to daven in 770. The way you talk about your family, your interactions with others, farbrengens, hashkafos, life; everything about you screams I AM A CHOSSID OF THE LUBAVITCHER REBBE!! How can you sit here and tell me that one person can't change anything in the world? That nothing I say on here or do in my life offline can change people's behaviors? Who are you?! You're going to blame old age for cynicism? Throw in the towel, become a fatalist? This is really what you think of life now? This is a Lubavitcher??? And they wonder why people are shocked at the transformations they're seeing in attitudes and behaviors of their peers and acquaintances, family and friends, people they love and respect.

Indeed, I am unashamed about who I am, and I've even started a DDF thread about self laveling/identification (there's even a DDF member who chose his name as a result of that thread). I also try not to label others or criticize them (I might criticize words, opinions, or actions, but I try to never get personal or judgemental). I might not be the best communicator, and come across differently than intended (the format and medium are also not the most ideal for thorough, fully seld-reviewed and edited communications. I enjoy helping people, and I share my knowledge and experience wherever I think some might benefit. In any event, anything I say or write represents nothing but my own opinions or observations (and I sometimes post things I disagree with) except where I post an attributed quote.

My real life persona is no secret. Anyone that tries can reach me. Though many might not know what I might have been involved with on a communal level in the past 33 years. I have witnessed a lot, I have done my fare share to effectuate change (or have some serious influence) but I have learned my limitations. I have also learned that despite what my opinion might be, and no matter how strongly held, I might not always be right. I also strongly believe that there can be two diametrically opposite approaches to an issue which are both valid.

There are certain things I will not respond to, as they will bring to this public forum issues which I think don't belong here. So to paraphrase a line from your profile, attributed to @yelped, a lack of response from me to something, doesn't mean ANYTHING one way or another.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:29:17 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 09, 2020, 12:05:41 PM »
Agree that things and articles posted by @ExGingi have certainly affected how I think about some things. He's clearly a proud Chosid.

Also agree that his posts have been different since COVID and that's something I've now heard from a few people. But that's something I've also seen from several others and on Whatsapp groups I'm in.

I am truly humbled by the first part of your post, and puzzled by the second part.

I like healthy criticism, and would love to be shown how my posts are different. Did covid-19 have a major effect on me? Definitely! Indirectly through the difficulties of the lockdown.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline elazarmn

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 09, 2020, 12:06:56 PM »
You mean he's still Dr Doom & Gloom?
I hear that,
Although in this case one may understand that he has not diagnosed those patients that re-infected.
This is just a look at what he sees from a medical point of view. But i do understand why you have something against him.

Offline Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 09, 2020, 12:08:03 PM »
Very well known? No one uses him in Flatbush, heís a pediatrician who got some attention when no one knew what was going on and now everyone realizes that he has been way over the top and caught in one too many lies for anyone to trust him.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 09, 2020, 12:10:00 PM »
I hear that,
Although in this case one may understand that he has not diagnosed those patients that re-infected.
This is just a look at what he sees from a medical point of view. But i do understand why you have something against him.
I didn't watch the video and don't plan on, I assume anything he says to be false and only intended to spread panic.

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 09, 2020, 12:19:31 PM »
Other than the part about reinfection thereís nothing surprising in what he said. Kind of like the baal shem stories- if you believe everything ditchek says you are a fool, but if you donít believe it could have happened...

People are confusing herd immunity with eradication. Itís a fact that not every single person, even in the hardest hit communities has had the virus and is immune, especially those who took strict precautions. Thereís no magic- if a stream of infected people coming from Florida, California, Israel etc. circulate in Lakewood and other communities, there will be some who get infected. The question is if it can lead to a massive outbreak, or if there is sufficient herd immunity to prevent secondary waves that continue to spread throughout the community, and we can expect a limited number of positives that remain fairly limited as people come out of quarantine and relax precautions. I believe the latter is true in Lakewood but the coming weeks should provide an answer.