Poll

Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach (NEW case)?

Don't know
I know in Tri-State area
I know other location in us
I know out of the US

Author Topic: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?  (Read 79481 times)

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2020, 01:00:14 PM »
I know of a 9 year old girl that went to the hospital 3 days ago with Covid-19 symptoms in Lakewood.
They were hospitalized due to Kawasaki; and I have now heard of a second child hospitalized with Kawasaki (and tested positive for Covid-19) as well. Both direct second hand reports; both in Lakewood.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2020, 01:03:23 PM »
NEW

"flaring up again" is something not clear cut if it from old germs or maybe new germs helped
OK, just found about a new case. A relatively elderly person who exhibited symptoms for the first time last week, has now been hospitalized. The grandmother of an acquaintance of mine.

Again, she may have had it earlier, we really don’t know anything about this stuff, but she was not symptomatic or tested until last week.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2020, 03:17:19 PM »
Good thing that isn’t life threatening.
This is completely untrue and is reckless disregard for the life threatening danger ingrown toenail (onychocryptosis) presents to other Jews. At this point it may pose an acceptable risk to young healthy individuals like you but do you know that there are severe diabetics in the population? In these individuals ingrown toenail often leads to diabetic foot ulcers, which have a 25% mortality rate. I had a relative die of ingrown toenail.

A life is worth any cost. How can we venture outside our homes when this will cause thousands of diabetics each year to step on foreign objects or put undue pressure on their toes and go on to develop ingrown tonsils and foot ulcers and die. While we are standing for hours in shul on Yom Kippur the elderly gentleman standing next to us may be exerting dangerous pressure on his foot all because of our drawn out tefilla  betzibur. It’s mamish a mitzvah habaah biaveirah. We should calmly stay in our homes until they develop a cure for diabetics. There are several hopeful treatments in the pipeline. Until then it’s just too dangerous for our most vulnerable population.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2020, 03:18:01 PM »
Lies! I do not know of a single person who has survived ingrown tonsils. It has a 0% survival rate.
Auto correct is dangerous:)

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2020, 03:42:03 PM »
This is completely untrue and is reckless disregard for the life threatening danger ingrown toenail (onychocryptosis) presents to other Jews. At this point it may pose an acceptable risk to young healthy individuals like you but do you know that there are severe diabetics in the population? In these individuals ingrown toenail often leads to diabetic foot ulcers, which have a 25% mortality rate. I had a relative die of ingrown toenail.

A life is worth any cost. How can we venture outside our homes when this will cause thousands of diabetics each year to step on foreign objects or put undue pressure on their toes and go on to develop ingrown tonsils and foot ulcers and die. While we are standing for hours in shul on Yom Kippur the elderly gentleman standing next to us may be exerting dangerous pressure on his foot all because of our drawn out tefilla  betzibur. It’s mamish a mitzvah habaah biaveirah. We should calmly stay in our homes until they develop a cure for diabetics. There are several hopeful treatments in the pipeline. Until then it’s just too dangerous for our most vulnerable population.
Ah, I get it. You’re mocking safety measures while admitting they would save lives because they sound unappealing?

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2020, 03:53:19 PM »
Ah, I get it. You’re mocking safety measures while admitting they would save lives because they sound unappealing?

No, I’m mocking the CURRENT safety measures given the data. That is very different.I was a strong advocate of the initial safety measures long before others were on board, and personally started davening at home and staying away from in person chavrusas over a week earlier than almost any others.I am currently advising an immunocompromised relative not to venture out of the house yet and am still taking care of their shopping with precautions.

Back then it was based on the alarming data that others were slow in accepting. Now I am advocating the opposite based on compelling data that is not being incorporated into guidelines on the ground for multiple reasons, in some cases political considerations.

Just to give a small example, do you honestly believe that if the unionized teachers and state government workers across the state were laid off and not receiving a paycheck, just like many of us private business owners and workers are, that Murphy would be doing the exact same thing he is doing now? I think not.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 03:57:04 PM by Yard sale »

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2020, 05:29:28 PM »
Way too many likes for something claiming to be based on current "data", when the numbers are still way too high. You're relying on anecdotes and assumptions for the Jewish communities in making life threatening decisions.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2020, 05:35:11 PM »
No, I’m mocking the CURRENT safety measures given the data. That is very different.I was a strong advocate of the initial safety measures long before others were on board, and personally started davening at home and staying away from in person chavrusas over a week earlier than almost any others.I am currently advising an immunocompromised relative not to venture out of the house yet and am still taking care of their shopping with precautions.

Back then it was based on the alarming data that others were slow in accepting. Now I am advocating the opposite based on compelling data that is not being incorporated into guidelines on the ground for multiple reasons, in some cases political considerations.

Just to give a small example, do you honestly believe that if the unionized teachers and state government workers across the state were laid off and not receiving a paycheck, just like many of us private business owners and workers are, that Murphy would be doing the exact same thing he is doing now? I think not.
You seemed to be mocking safety measures by Frum communities, which I hope are not being adopted for political considerations. What measures do you think are appropriate based on the data you have seen? You have seen compelling evidence of the lack of permanent damage to infected patients? Or perhaps evidence of 90% of Lakewood infected, recovered, and clear immunity?

Offline cmey

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2020, 08:41:32 AM »
Hearing 12 positive tests total  in Lakewood the last couple days but they came from tests from those who passed away up to a month ago by doctor Lebowitzs floor. Can anyone confirm?

Offline CountValentine

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2020, 09:01:58 AM »
Using your logic then why is LAS shutdown?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2020, 10:21:47 AM »
Using your logic then why is LAS shutdown?
LAS is public unions?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2020, 02:13:06 PM »
Hearing 12 positive tests total  in Lakewood the last couple days but they came from tests from those who passed away up to a month ago by doctor Lebowitzs floor. Can anyone confirm?
Where did you hear this from? That would be amazing news.

It’s unfortunately likely wrong, as I know people who tested positive this week. It’s possible they were tested in Long Branch or other locations but they live in Lakewood so the data should reflect that. Please post a source if possible, and I hope people can confirm!

Offline cmey

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2020, 03:52:50 PM »
Where did you hear this from? That would be amazing news.

It’s unfortunately likely wrong, as I know people who tested positive this week. It’s possible they were tested in Long Branch or other locations but they live in Lakewood so the data should reflect that. Please post a source if possible, and I hope people can confirm!

Reported by the blogs as well. There were 100 recent positives total in Monmouth county and 77 in the entire Ocean County so that certainly adds up especially considering that Lakewood was first to be impacted.

https://www.app.com/story/news/health/2020/05/07/coronavirus-nj-ocean-county-death-toll-hits-500-state-hits-milestone-hospitalizations/3088851001/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:02:41 PM by cmey »

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2020, 04:02:37 PM »
Reported by the blogs as well. There were 100 recent positives total in Monmouth county and 77 in the entire Ocean County so that certainly adds up especially considering that Lakewood was first to be impacted.

https://www.app.com/story/news/health/2020/05/07/coronavirus-nj-ocean-county-death-toll-hits-500-state-hits-milestone-hospitalizations/3088851001/

Were they from "other communities?"
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline cmey

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2020, 04:03:55 PM »
Were they from "other communities?"
Almost a certainty. Some are people like my SIL in Lakewood who incidentally tested positive recently after 3.5 weeks onset.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2020, 08:14:25 PM »
Almost a certainty. Some are people like my SIL in Lakewood who incidentally tested positive recently after 3.5 weeks onset.
She was tested upon entrance to a hospital for a birth? That’s where most of the positives I know of come from

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2020, 08:15:53 PM »

That article says there were over 100 deaths in Lakewood, I thought it was less than 80.. Hashem Yerachem

Offline cmey

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2020, 08:53:38 PM »
She was tested upon entrance to a hospital for a birth? That’s where most of the positives I know of come from

No, at Chemed on a whim when she went for a strep culture for her son.

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2020, 08:57:22 PM »
That article says there were over 100 deaths in Lakewood, I thought it was less than 80.. Hashem Yerachem
Not everyone who lives in Lakewood is from our community.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline ckmk47

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2020, 09:00:52 PM »
They're impossible in a real life setting.
(But is rant should have ended in a  " /sarcastic font")
My favorite cause: cssy.org