Poll

Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach (NEW case)?

Don't know
I know in Tri-State area
I know other location in us
I know out of the US

Author Topic: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?  (Read 79484 times)

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2020, 06:38:12 PM »
Why would you say that? That would be terrible, but why should we assume that?
Meaning that (some of) these new positives could be the ones that are picking up dead viral matter as opposed to new people actually getting sick.

Online S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2020, 06:41:25 PM »
Meaning that (some of) these new positives could be the ones that are picking up dead viral matter as opposed to new people actually getting sick.
People testing positive now are still being told to quarantine for 2 weeks and assume they’re infectious, even if they’ve been positive for weeks. There’s no proof that it’s dead, though it’s hoped and assumed.

Why are they getting tested again?  That wouldn’t explain why numbers are going up.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2020, 06:43:30 PM »
People testing positive now are still being told to quarantine for 2 weeks and assume they’re infectious, even if they’ve been positive for weeks. There’s no proof that it’s dead, though it’s hoped and assumed.

Why are they getting tested again?  That wouldn’t explain why numbers are going up.
People who are going for antibody testing and have been symptom free for weeks have been receiving positives. They were never tested originally, so they add to the tally. Didn't Mt. Sinai tell people they were not contagious?

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2020, 06:46:34 PM »
Still the overall trend is worth keeping an eye on. I would expect some increasing numbers as at least a small number of people who were never exposed test positive along with the fact that testing is now widely available and incentivized. OHI and CHEMED very recently got around 1.5 million in funding specifically to do testing. They’ve got to do the testing to use the funds. I’m sure anyone coming in with nonspecific symptoms is not being tested. Still if the number spikes sharply that would be telling. I am certainly not anticipating that.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2020, 06:47:56 PM »
Still the overall trend is worth keeping an eye on. I would expect some increasing numbers as at least a small number of people who were never exposed test positive along with the fact that testing is now widely available and incentivized. OHI and CHEMED very recently got around 1.5 million in funding specifically to do testing. They’ve got to do the testing to use the funds. I’m sure anyone coming in with nonspecific symptoms is not being tested. Still if the number spikes sharply that would be telling. I am certainly not anticipating that.
AFAIK anyone can get tested for Covid-19 and antibody testing with no symptoms.

Online AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2020, 06:49:13 PM »

How much does each test cost them? $1.5mm sounds like a lot, even at $100/test that’s 15,000 tests.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2020, 07:04:34 PM »
AFAIK anyone can get tested for Covid-19 and antibody testing with no symptoms.

Yes but now if a patient comes in with muscle aches or a low fever there’s an incentive for a doctor to order a covid test for the patient. Nothing wrong with that. Just something to factor in to the numbers.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2020, 07:09:03 PM »
Yes but now if a patient comes in with muscle aches or a low fever there’s an incentive for a doctor to order a covid test for the patient. Nothing wrong with that. Just something to factor in to the numbers.
And factor in that people who aren't sick at all are looking for info regarding their status. I'm planning to test everyone in my family.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2020, 07:42:18 PM »
And factor in that people who aren't sick at all are looking for info regarding their status. I'm planning to test everyone in my family.
I’d love an accurate test for all in my family. I have yet to hear of a place in Lakewood performing tests without picking your brain and I really don’t want to do that. When will they make saliva tests and front of-the nose tests mainstream in Lakewood?

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2020, 08:43:27 PM »
This. My neighbor (in lakewood) who never had symptoms and never got tested just tested positive for COVID as well as antibodies.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline joeberg

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2020, 09:03:33 PM »
Chemed is giving everyone both tests by default, Carona and antibodies. I just got my whole family tested, 6 yr old and up. They didn't give an option of doing only one of the tests.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2020, 09:27:03 PM »
Chemed is giving everyone both tests by default, Carona and antibodies. I just got my whole family tested, 6 yr old and up. They didn't give an option of doing only one of the tests.
How bad were the tests, way back of your nose? Also, was the antibody test a blood test or finger prick?

Offline joeberg

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2020, 09:36:16 PM »
I think I spotted some brain matter on the swab. Joking aside wasn't terrible, just a moment of extreme discomfort. They didn't linger to long in my brain. My 6 yr old was holding her nose but they didn't let her skip it, instead they just shoved it up quickly and only did one nostril. Needed to bill for it.
Antibodies, was a blood draw. 2 vials they do the IGM, which is the immediate immune reaction and IGG which is the longer term antibodies.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2020, 10:05:24 PM »

Here is where the daily number of tests and percent positive are so much more important to spot any trends than the raw number. Unfortunately that information is not being provided.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2020, 10:45:42 PM »
How bad were the tests, way back of your nose? Also, was the antibody test a blood test or finger prick?
Who is doing a finger pick and is it reliable?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2020, 10:52:27 PM »
Who is doing a finger pick and is it reliable?
It's less reliable.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline etech0

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DDF
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2020, 11:59:02 PM »
Thanks. Don't think I'll be able to convince some of them to do a blood draw.
FWIW my kids get a lot more hysterical from a finger prick than a blood draw. I guess it depends how much blood they need from the finger...
Workflowy. You won't know what you're missing until you try it.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2020, 12:00:53 AM »
It's less reliable.
Thanks. Don't think I'll be able to convince some of them to do a draw.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2020, 07:39:55 PM »
Lakewood up to 2076. Additional 26 positives since yesterday.
Additional 18 today.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2020, 09:38:30 PM »
Additional 18 today.
2099. 5 new positives reported since Friday