Poll

Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach (NEW case)?

Don't know
I know in Tri-State area
I know other location in us
I know out of the US

Author Topic: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?  (Read 79524 times)

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2020, 10:15:37 AM »
Shocked I tell you.
No need to jump the gun. Just a data point and not a very specific or detailed one. Take it in context at this point. I put it out there because we ought to have as much info as possible, no matter which way the info points.

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2020, 10:20:05 AM »
No need to jump the gun. Just a data point and not a very specific or detailed one. Take it in context at this point. I put it out there because we ought to have as much info as possible, no matter which way the info points.

1. Ask local doctors about their caseloads before drawing conclusions from Hatzolah calls. People are more cognizant of Covid-19 now and will seek medical treatment before they get to a state of needing Hatzolah (as opposed to Purim-Pesach).

2. Lakewood Hatzolah is still getting respiratory distress calls (e.g. 5 on Thursday), as well as some possible Code 19 calls.

This a good datapoint for showing that Hatzolah calls are not the be all, end all.

Online S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #162 on: May 28, 2020, 01:45:05 PM »
Rabbi Rottbergs circle extends beyond Toms River/Lakewood so not much of a datapoint without location of the family, did they observe a strict quarantine, were they recently in a location where the virus is still ongoing etc.

The Lakewood medical practitioners have recently started to develop very decent coordination and sharing of info so if there would be an upswing in cases it should be known fairly quickly....
The gabbai of a Shul in my neighborhood told me he personally knows 2 people who daven by R’ Rotberg who’ve gotten sick in the last week for the first time with COVID-19, so that’s likely who he was talking about.

He also told me he’s close friends with another couple in Lakewood who fell ill this week, father mother and 2 teenage children (positive for COVID, they did not have it previously) are all sicker than they can ever remember being, completely confined to their beds. BH nothing worse.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 28, 2020, 02:00:12 PM »
The gabbai of a Shul in my neighborhood told me he personally knows 2 people who daven by R’ Rotberg who’ve gotten sick in the last week for the first time with COVID-19, so that’s likely who he was talking about.

He also told me he’s close friends with another couple in Lakewood who fell ill this week, father mother and 2 teenage children (positive for COVID, they did not have it previously) are all sicker than they can ever remember being, completely confined to their beds. BH nothing worse.
They stay local or got it elsewhere? Someone I work with also just got it. But he was at his properties around the US the last few weeks and just came down with it

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #164 on: May 28, 2020, 02:05:25 PM »
They stay local or got it elsewhere? Someone I work with also just got it. But he was at his properties around the US the last few weeks and just came down with it
I don’t know. I’m just repeating what he told me, and he didn’t mention that. Even if they picked it up elsewhere, they can have exposed other people while infectious (just as they would have infected their family), so caution is still warranted. The point is that it’s still likely possible to catch the virus in Lakewood, despite some people denying that.

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #165 on: May 28, 2020, 02:06:20 PM »
Thanks for the DP. So it seems there are more new cases around than some people would have us believe..

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 28, 2020, 02:40:02 PM »

Thanks. Good data points.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 28, 2020, 02:44:01 PM »
This a good datapoint for showing that Hatzolah calls are not the be all, end all.

You need both. Doctors will have better early data and  data on asymptomatic patients or patients with minor symptoms.

Hatzalah will have better data about (potentially-?)COVID-related serious heart/neurological incidents, patients being treated for moderate symptoms at home and/or using concentrated (?) oxygen.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 28, 2020, 05:47:26 PM »
Thanks for the DP. So it seems there are more new cases around than some people would have us believe..
He lives in lakewood. I don't think anyone really believes that there are 0 cases. Point was to flatten the curve. It flattened and now there may be cases here and there but by and large it has really died down bh. Assuming large % of from communities in ny got it I wouldn't be super concerned about another outbreak right now. But obviously we shouldn't let are guards down totally. Nothing good can come out of that.

Online YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 31, 2020, 08:34:14 AM »
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2020/05/multiple-residents-in-assisted-living-facility-in-lakewood-test-positive-for-covid-19.html

Look at the comments. Some conjecture that it's dead viruses, while others assert that it's new positives.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 31, 2020, 08:53:33 AM »
https://www.thelakewoodscoop.com/news/2020/05/multiple-residents-in-assisted-living-facility-in-lakewood-test-positive-for-covid-19.html

Look at the comments. Some conjecture that it's dead viruses, while others assert that it's new positives.

It’s a nursing home. If there was an old outbreak, they would’ve known about it already, and have already tested everyone. There’s no chance that only 3 residents got it a month ago and no one else, and no ones in the home showed symptoms. It only makes sense that it’s a new outbreak.
Visibly Jewish

Offline how

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 31, 2020, 09:51:02 AM »
It’s a nursing home. If there was an old outbreak, they would’ve known about it already, and have already tested everyone. There’s no chance that only 3 residents got it a month ago and no one else, and no ones in the home showed symptoms. It only makes sense that it’s a new outbreak.
nursing homes across the tristate area were not able to test everyone back in late March and April when they had their outbreaks.  They are all testing all staff and residents now. Many of them are asymptomatic and are showing up positive.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2020, 10:02:48 AM »
On yom tov I met the admin of a jewish nursing home in NYC, he told me he lost many residents to COVID, and they're going to test all the residents for the first time this week.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline happyyyr

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2020, 04:13:31 PM »
My wife and I were sick for the past few days. Both tested positive today.
Lakewood nj

Online YitzyS

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2020, 04:14:49 PM »
Lakewood nj
Refuah Sheleima!!

Any tests or symptoms before this past week?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #175 on: May 31, 2020, 04:16:13 PM »
Lakewood nj
Impossible, the mageifa in Lakewood, Brooklyn, and Monsey is over, anyone wearing a mask is m'katnei emunah  ::)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #176 on: May 31, 2020, 04:36:56 PM »
Impossible, the mageifa in Lakewood, Brooklyn, and Monsey is over, anyone wearing a mask is m'katnei emunah  ::)

I just got back from a quick trip to Williamsburg where I met with someone to discuss a certain business dealing. The only 2 Jewish people I saw wearing a face mask were what looked like an elderly couple that walked into his office. Every other Jew on the street was not wearing a mask.

This was after he told me that the entire thing is a distant memory of something that happened 2 months ago. The same individual also has an office in Flatbush, where he tells me it's a totally different world.

What did strike me as an interesting contrast was a child approaching a (Jewish) stranger asking him to cross him. I don't think that is common practice in Flatbush or other communities that are stricter about COVID-19 precautions.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #177 on: May 31, 2020, 04:48:47 PM »
What did strike me as an interesting contrast was a child approaching a (Jewish) stranger asking him to cross him.
Is this regular english or something I need to ask @CountValentine about?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2020, 05:06:29 PM »
Is this regular english or something I need to ask @CountValentine about?
It's actually an attempt to write something said in the Williamsburg dialect of Yiddish spelled in in the Latin alphabet.

קענסט מיך קראָסן?

Or the full version:

קענסט מיך קראָסן דעם סטריט?

Writing in English "to cross him the street" isn't proper. Writing "to walk him across the street" might be grammatically correct, but would lose the spirit and the mental image, aka killed in the translation.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 05:09:36 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2020, 05:12:07 PM »
something I need to ask @CountValentine about?

Talking if which, is the Count moving his daughters wedding venue to Ohio to be able to accommodate all the guests?
-- Dan