Poll

Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach (NEW case)?

Don't know
I know in Tri-State area
I know other location in us
I know out of the US

Author Topic: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?  (Read 79509 times)

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile

Offline biobook

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?
« Reply #421 on: July 08, 2020, 05:54:59 PM »
Was it only 1 year ago?? Sheesh
One entire disease ago.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 08, 2020, 06:00:34 PM »
Hearing concern from Lakewood doctors about cases creeping up and being brought in from FL and meshulachim who spread it around town.
There are an additional 5-6 cases in the Somerset Walk area (originating from someone who went to shul after coming back from Florida).

I don't believe these are the same as the ones mentioned early last week.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #423 on: July 08, 2020, 06:16:07 PM »
There are an additional 5-6 cases in the Somerset Walk area (originating from someone who went to shul after coming back from Florida).

Stop fear mongering. 6 will be zero.
This is an interesting concern. Meshulachim come in contact with more people than (almost) anyone else in town, it would make sense that they'd likely pick it up and then spread it to many people who have nothing to do with each other.
Is it just me or has there been a flood of meshulachim in town recently? Probably getting two knocks a day now.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Yard sale

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 08, 2020, 06:51:29 PM »

With two weeks of exposure we should have an opportunity to see if there is a lack of herd immunity in Lakewood. By all accounts the infected individuals have been freely circulating and there is little SD being practiced by the populace. If Lakewood remains largely susceptible then there should be a cascade of silent spread as we speak, as we’ve seen in other susceptible areas that are not SD, and hundreds of people at a minimum should be coming down with covid in a matter of weeks. Let us see what actually happens...

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 08, 2020, 07:01:03 PM »
With two weeks of exposure we should have an opportunity to see if there is a lack of herd immunity in Lakewood. By all accounts the infected individuals have been freely circulating and there is little SD being practiced by the populace. If Lakewood remains largely susceptible then there should be a cascade of silent spread as we speak, as we’ve seen in other susceptible areas that are not SD, and hundreds of people at a minimum should be coming down with covid in a matter of weeks. Let us see what actually happens...
Or we could take precautions and leave science experiments to actual scientists?

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #426 on: July 08, 2020, 07:07:35 PM »
Or we could take precautions and leave science experiments to actual scientists?

For the benefit of @Lurker I will post the dictionary meaning.

Do you really think you will change people's behaviors with DDF posts (or any other way within your means)?

Or as they say in Israel: בכביש אל תהיה צודק, תהיה חכם!
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 08, 2020, 07:12:17 PM »
We both know that like it or not that isn’t happening in Lakewood so we are left with an opportunity to sit back and observe.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 08, 2020, 07:12:27 PM »
For the benefit of @Lurker I will post the dictionary meaning.

Do you really think you will change people's behaviors with DDF posts (or any other way within your means)?
Oh I'm well aware that nothing will change. Other than @yuneeq - I highly doubt anything anyone has said on this board made a measurable difference in anything.

The most I was hoping for in my original post was to spread the word that Covid-19 is in Lakewood and seemingly spreading.

My response to @Yard sale was sarcastic, coming from a place of frustration over the apparent lack of any amount of caution in the community.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #429 on: July 08, 2020, 07:15:43 PM »
My response to @Yard sale was sarcastic, coming from a place of frustration over the apparent lack of any amount of caution in the community.
גם זה יעבור

With age, your frustration will turn into cynicism.
-- Dan

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 08, 2020, 10:31:59 PM »
This is exactly the concern. Someone infected comes from a hotspot and now goes around from shul to shul to shul and house to house to house and chasuna to chasuna.
I get the feeling this is the make it or break it, if we can resolve this issue Lakewood can get thru this without a serious outbreak, if not we're probably going to have a pretty serious outbreak.

A situation like this would probably need 95%+ immunity to reach herd immunity.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?
« Reply #431 on: July 08, 2020, 10:35:12 PM »
I get the feeling this is the make it or break it, if we can resolve this issue Lakewood can get thru this without a serious outbreak, if not we're probably going to have a pretty serious outbreak.

A situation like this would probably need 95%+ immunity to reach herd immunity.
צדקה תציל ממות
There's no need to do anything. Let's embrace it. We obviously don't understand the power of tzedakah.

Am I doing this correctly?

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 08, 2020, 10:42:55 PM »
צדקה תציל ממות
There's no need to do anything. Let's embrace it. We obviously don't understand the power of tzedakah.

Am I doing this correctly?
I'm not sure if you're doing it correctly, but you're definitely on the right track.
-- Dan

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 08, 2020, 11:06:15 PM »

Dr. Ditchek says that he saw 2 patients today who've been reinfected even though they've had antibodies (one donated plasma twice).
Watch the video for more details about additional cases.

Offline 4yourinfo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 08, 2020, 11:20:59 PM »

Dr. Ditchek says that he saw 2 patients today who've been reinfected even though they've had antibodies (one donated plasma twice).
Yikes!

Online moko

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 08, 2020, 11:31:14 PM »
With age, your frustration will turn into cynicism.
wow. I must be old. Didn't realize how old.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 08, 2020, 11:42:11 PM »

I find this to be pretty concerning. If 2 immune family members are both testing positive right after exposure, and after negative tests, it’d have to be a pretty unlikely coincidence if it wasn’t reinfection.

Here’s what one of them sent out today-
“As many of you know our family has been through a terrible trauma as my mother has been very sick for months . Today I was discovered to have a new Coronavirus infection. I had so many antibodies in the past few months that I donated plasma two times (over 2 liters of plasma)!
I had several negative Coronavirus swabs in the last two months since being sick the first time.
There are now many new cases in our community and growing.
 I am asking everybody in the Zechut of my mother to please take this seriously,
Unfortunately many in our community are denying the new cases. There is no denying the truth. We must be carful and act now to save lives.
Thank you,
Jack (redacted)”

Unrelated but a relative In Lakewood had a kid in the same bunk that tested positive today. And then I’m hearing rumors of “lots of other mild cases” which I hope aren’t true, and well, I don’t see them in the daily numbers. 
Visibly Jewish

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?
« Reply #437 on: July 08, 2020, 11:43:51 PM »
I find this to be pretty concerning. If 2 immune family members are both testing positive right after exposure, and after negative tests, it’d have to be a pretty unlikely coincidence if it wasn’t reinfection.

“As many of you know our family has been through a terrible trauma as my mother has been very sick for months . Today I was discovered to have a new Coronavirus infection. I had so many antibodies in the past few months that I donated plasma two times (over 2 liters of plasma)!
I had several negative Coronavirus swabs in the last two months since being sick the first time.
Unfortunately many in our community are denying the new cases. There is no denying the truth. We must be carful and act now to save lives.
Thank you,
Jack (redacted)”

Unrelated but a relative In Lakewood had a kid in the same bunk that tested positive today. And then I’m hearing rumors of “lots of other mild cases” which I hope aren’t true, and well, I don’t see them in the daily numbers.
Although if it's true that there's a one week turnaround on tests in the NY/NJ area right now, they wouldn't show in the daily OCHD numbers yet.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 11:48:12 PM by Euclid »

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 08, 2020, 11:47:32 PM »

Thank you,
Jack (redacted)”

Could those “lots of other mild cases” be referring to the cold and sore through virus that is sweeping through Lakewood over the last week or so? Seems like everyone is getting cold/congestion/ sore throat etc. but probably not covid.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 08, 2020, 11:57:31 PM »
Could those “lots of other mild cases” be referring to the cold and sore through virus that is sweeping through Lakewood over the last week or so? Seems like everyone is getting cold/congestion/ sore throat etc. but probably not covid.

It could be nothing at all, I didn’t hear from a substantiated source. But yes I have noticed an increase in colds, which is concerning, because the same ease of  transmission for the cold can be replicated with corona.
Visibly Jewish