Poll

Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach (NEW case)?

Don't know
I know in Tri-State area
I know other location in us
I know out of the US

Author Topic: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?  (Read 80678 times)

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
Re: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?
« Reply #440 on: July 09, 2020, 10:26:51 AM »
For the benefit of @Lurker I will post the dictionary meaning.

Do you really think you will change people's behaviors with DDF posts (or any other way within your means)?

Or as they say in Israel: בכביש אל תהיה צודק, תהיה חכם!

I post on here because I owe DDF a great debt. I did not take Covid seriously until a little before Purim. The information posted here was invaluable in educating me in what was (and is) going on, and how to keep my family safe without locking myself in a room and losing my mind. In turn, that information was shared with my family, friends, and community, and from there it was passed on to their contacts, and on and on. Does everyone take me seriously? Hell no! I get laughed at more often than not. But to some people, the posts of DDFers like @yuneeq @S209 @Yard sale @aygart @Dan @CountValentine @Afrages6 @biobook and many, many more have had a huge impact on the lives of countless people they will never meet. It's ironic that it's you who thinks they don't make a difference. I can't count how many Twitter threads and articles YOU posted that were influential in guiding the decisions that I have personally made. I can't speak for others, but I doubt I'm the only one.

I used to be a cynic. I lived my life wanting to die. What is life when nothing matters? Then I grew up. Cynicism isn't what happens to frustration when you get older; it's what happens when you stop trying to address your frustrations.

There have been a number of comments recently about the changes Covid has brought about to people's personalities. Your posts make me question how Covid has affected you. You are DDF's ultimate Lubavitcher. Your profile picture is 770. The most painful part of the restrictions for you was your inability to daven in 770. The way you talk about your family, your interactions with others, farbrengens, hashkafos, life; everything about you screams I AM A CHOSSID OF THE LUBAVITCHER REBBE!! How can you sit here and tell me that one person can't change anything in the world? That nothing I say on here or do in my life offline can change people's behaviors? Who are you?! You're going to blame old age for cynicism? Throw in the towel, become a fatalist? This is really what you think of life now? This is a Lubavitcher??? And they wonder why people are shocked at the transformations they're seeing in attitudes and behaviors of their peers and acquaintances, family and friends, people they love and respect.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline good sam

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 09, 2020, 10:53:51 AM »
I post on here because I owe DDF a great debt. I did not take Covid seriously until a little before Purim. The information posted here was invaluable in educating me in what was (and is) going on, and how to keep my family safe without locking myself in a room and losing my mind. In turn, that information was shared with my family, friends, and community, and from there it was passed on to their contacts, and on and on. Does everyone take me seriously? Hell no! I get laughed at more often than not. But to some people, the posts of DDFers like @yuneeq @S209 @Yard sale @aygart @Dan @CountValentine @Afrages6 @biobook and many, many more have had a huge impact on the lives of countless people they will never meet. It's ironic that it's you who thinks they don't make a difference. I can't count how many Twitter threads and articles YOU posted that were influential in guiding the decisions that I have personally made. I can't speak for others, but I doubt I'm the only one.

I used to be a cynic. I lived my life wanting to die. What is life when nothing matters? Then I grew up. Cynicism isn't what happens to frustration when you get older; it's what happens when you stop trying to address your frustrations.

There have been a number of comments recently about the changes Covid has brought about to people's personalities. Your posts make me question how Covid has affected you. You are DDF's ultimate Lubavitcher. Your profile picture is 770. The most painful part of the restrictions for you was your inability to daven in 770. The way you talk about your family, your interactions with others, farbrengens, hashkafos, life; everything about you screams I AM A CHOSSID OF THE LUBAVITCHER REBBE!! How can you sit here and tell me that one person can't change anything in the world? That nothing I say on here or do in my life offline can change people's behaviors? Who are you?! You're going to blame old age for cynicism? Throw in the towel, become a fatalist? This is really what you think of life now? This is a Lubavitcher??? And they wonder why people are shocked at the transformations they're seeing in attitudes and behaviors of their peers and acquaintances, family and friends, people they love and respect.
Don't forget @chevron
If you don't care why would you comment?
HT: DMYD

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 09, 2020, 10:53:53 AM »

Dr. Ditchek says that he saw 2 patients today who've been reinfected even though they've had antibodies (one donated plasma twice).
Watch the video for more details about additional cases.
Now that everyone is davening with a minyan legally and he can't call the cops 2 people conveniently get re infected. I call BS. He said them at his clinical genetics office?

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #443 on: July 09, 2020, 11:00:05 AM »
Don't forget @chevron

I'm missing more people than that. If I've interacted with you on DDF, whether I agreed with what you posted or your position, or I argued with you (sometimes maybe a little violently), I've most probably learned something from you.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #444 on: July 09, 2020, 11:11:42 AM »
Agree that things and articles posted by @ExGingi have certainly affected how I think about some things. He's clearly a proud Chosid.

Also agree that his posts have been different since COVID and that's something I've now heard from a few people. But that's something I've also seen from several others and on Whatsapp groups I'm in.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 09, 2020, 11:12:40 AM »

Dr. Ditchek says that he saw 2 patients today who've been reinfected even though they've had antibodies (one donated plasma twice).
Watch the video for more details about additional cases.
The guy is a straight liar. He’s been caught lying so many different times throughout the last couple months. I won’t believe anything the guy ever says again.

Online Euclid

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?
« Reply #446 on: July 09, 2020, 11:14:06 AM »
The guy is a straight liar. He’s been caught lying so many different times throughout the last couple months. I won’t believe anything the guy ever says again.
I definitely understand this sentiment. But what he's saying corroborates what the Gedaliah Society has been saying. Additionally, his patient has come forward and released info on WhatsApp. I tend to believe him in this case based on that.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #447 on: July 09, 2020, 11:14:31 AM »
Now that everyone is davening with a minyan legally and he can't call the cops 2 people conveniently get re infected. I call BS. He said them at his clinical genetics office?
Do you really think reinfection is impossible?
That seems naive. I'd say the best case scenario is that it's genetic among that family.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline mochjas

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 123
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, AA EX PLAT, Jetblue Mosaic, Qatar Gold, United Silver
« Reply #448 on: July 09, 2020, 11:20:09 AM »
example?

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 09, 2020, 11:21:16 AM »
Do you really think reinfection is impossible?
That seems naive. I'd say the best case scenario is that it's genetic among that family.
Fauci said it doesn't seem likely. And along comes a DR who has nothing to do with corona and says he has seen 2 cases. Not even talking about reinfection, just don't believe him.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #450 on: July 09, 2020, 11:24:51 AM »
Fauci said it doesn't seem likely. And along comes a DR who has nothing to do with corona and says he has seen 2 cases. Not even talking about reinfection, just don't believe him.
Lol, now you trust Fauci?
Anyway, he said it's not likely for a period of time. That will vary among different people I'd assume.

Offline how

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 09, 2020, 11:30:47 AM »

. Today I was discovered to have a new Coronavirus infection.
Jack (redacted)”

what does a new coronavirus infection mean?

He got sick or he swabbed positive without symptoms?

I have seen many people with antibodies Have A positive swab with no symptoms. 2 days later they are negative again.

Offline momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 09, 2020, 11:35:19 AM »
Lol, now you trust Fauci?
Anyway, he said it's not likely for a period of time. That will vary among different people I'd assume.
What he says about reinfection might be possible. That being said, Boro park and Williamsburg haven’t ever really been closed, but definitely been open for the past 6 weeks. No masks, no social distancing, and I haven’t heard of a single case of reinfection. I honestly haven’t heard of any new cases at all. One would imagine, that if reinfection was prevalent, this would have happened by now.  Now it’s possible that it may take longer, but right now what he is saying is highly suspect. It’s difficult to let go of the spotlight, once the 15 minutes of fame are up.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 09, 2020, 11:38:32 AM »
Nobody has said it's prevalent currently.

Offline elazarmn

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 09, 2020, 11:39:54 AM »
Ummm...hes not like a pediatrist or an ophthalmologist. Hes a very well known DR.
In fact he even runs a camp for special needs kids!! So if anything he has ALL what to do with Covid-19
Anyway, inappropriate to run down a doctor you have no idea about.
In the future it may be wise to google there name before dismissing their credibility

Offline shaulyaakov

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 09, 2020, 11:42:47 AM »
Nobody has said it's prevalent currently.
Unless there are 2 strains and one doesn't provide immunity to the other.

Offline elazarmn

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 09, 2020, 11:45:05 AM »
What he says about reinfection might be possible. That being said, Boro park and Williamsburg haven’t ever really been closed, but definitely been open for the past 6 weeks. No masks, no social distancing, and I haven’t heard of a single case of reinfection. I honestly haven’t heard of any new cases at all. One would imagine, that if reinfection was prevalent, this would have happened by now.  Now it’s possible that it may take longer, but right now what he is saying is highly suspect. It’s difficult to let go of the spotlight, once the 15 minutes of fame are up.
What Dr. D said was that as soon as the antibodies ware off we are going to see a surge in cases. That is why he gave the example of that guy in deal. He donated plasma and when those antibodies left he wasnt virus proof anymore

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 09, 2020, 11:47:22 AM »
Ummm...hes not like a pediatrist or an ophthalmologist. Hes a very well known DR.
In fact he even runs a camp for special needs kids!! So if anything he has ALL what to do with Covid-19
Anyway, inappropriate to run down a doctor you have no idea about.
In the future it may be wise to google there name before dismissing their credibility
He's a pediatrician.

He lost all credibility throughout corona. The one that bothers me the most is when he told a group of sfardi rabbis "1/4 people here will die from corona"
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 09, 2020, 11:48:09 AM »
What Dr. D said was that as soon as the antibodies ware off we are going to see a surge in cases. That is why he gave the example of that guy in deal. He donated plasma and when those antibodies left he wasnt virus proof anymore
You mean he's still Dr Doom & Gloom?
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #459 on: July 09, 2020, 12:03:11 PM »

Indeed, I am unashamed about who I am, and I've even started a DDF thread about self laveling/identification (there's even a DDF member who chose his name as a result of that thread). I also try not to label others or criticize them (I might criticize words, opinions, or actions, but I try to never get personal or judgemental). I might not be the best communicator, and come across differently than intended (the format and medium are also not the most ideal for thorough, fully seld-reviewed and edited communications. I enjoy helping people, and I share my knowledge and experience wherever I think some might benefit. In any event, anything I say or write represents nothing but my own opinions or observations (and I sometimes post things I disagree with) except where I post an attributed quote.

My real life persona is no secret. Anyone that tries can reach me. Though many might not know what I might have been involved with on a communal level in the past 33 years. I have witnessed a lot, I have done my fare share to effectuate change (or have some serious influence) but I have learned my limitations. I have also learned that despite what my opinion might be, and no matter how strongly held, I might not always be right. I also strongly believe that there can be two diametrically opposite approaches to an issue which are both valid.

There are certain things I will not respond to, as they will bring to this public forum issues which I think don't belong here. So to paraphrase a line from your profile, attributed to @yelped, a lack of response from me to something, doesn't mean ANYTHING one way or another.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 12:29:17 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan