Poll

Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach (NEW case)?

Don't know
I know in Tri-State area
I know other location in us
I know out of the US

Author Topic: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?  (Read 80710 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?
« Reply #460 on: July 09, 2020, 12:05:41 PM »
Agree that things and articles posted by @ExGingi have certainly affected how I think about some things. He's clearly a proud Chosid.

Also agree that his posts have been different since COVID and that's something I've now heard from a few people. But that's something I've also seen from several others and on Whatsapp groups I'm in.

I am truly humbled by the first part of your post, and puzzled by the second part.

I like healthy criticism, and would love to be shown how my posts are different. Did covid-19 have a major effect on me? Definitely! Indirectly through the difficulties of the lockdown.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline elazarmn

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 09, 2020, 12:06:56 PM »
You mean he's still Dr Doom & Gloom?
I hear that,
Although in this case one may understand that he has not diagnosed those patients that re-infected.
This is just a look at what he sees from a medical point of view. But i do understand why you have something against him.

Online Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 09, 2020, 12:08:03 PM »
Ummm...hes not like a pediatrist or an ophthalmologist. Hes a very well known DR.
In fact he even runs a camp for special needs kids!! So if anything he has ALL what to do with Covid-19
Anyway, inappropriate to run down a doctor you have no idea about.
In the future it may be wise to google there name before dismissing their credibility
Very well known? No one uses him in Flatbush, he’s a pediatrician who got some attention when no one knew what was going on and now everyone realizes that he has been way over the top and caught in one too many lies for anyone to trust him.

Online avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 09, 2020, 12:10:00 PM »
I hear that,
Although in this case one may understand that he has not diagnosed those patients that re-infected.
This is just a look at what he sees from a medical point of view. But i do understand why you have something against him.
I didn't watch the video and don't plan on, I assume anything he says to be false and only intended to spread panic.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 09, 2020, 12:19:31 PM »
Other than the part about reinfection there’s nothing surprising in what he said. Kind of like the baal shem stories- if you believe everything ditchek says you are a fool, but if you don’t believe it could have happened...

People are confusing herd immunity with eradication. It’s a fact that not every single person, even in the hardest hit communities has had the virus and is immune, especially those who took strict precautions. There’s no magic- if a stream of infected people coming from Florida, California, Israel etc. circulate in Lakewood and other communities, there will be some who get infected. The question is if it can lead to a massive outbreak, or if there is sufficient herd immunity to prevent secondary waves that continue to spread throughout the community, and we can expect a limited number of positives that remain fairly limited as people come out of quarantine and relax precautions. I believe the latter is true in Lakewood but the coming weeks should provide an answer.

Offline elazarmn

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 09, 2020, 01:30:50 PM »
Other than the part about reinfection there’s nothing surprising in what he said. Kind of like the baal shem stories- if you believe everything ditchek says you are a fool, but if you don’t believe it could have happened...

People are confusing herd immunity with eradication. It’s a fact that not every single person, even in the hardest hit communities has had the virus and is immune, especially those who took strict precautions. There’s no magic- if a stream of infected people coming from Florida, California, Israel etc. circulate in Lakewood and other communities, there will be some who get infected. The question is if it can lead to a massive outbreak, or if there is sufficient herd immunity to prevent secondary waves that continue to spread throughout the community, and we can expect a limited number of positives that remain fairly limited as people come out of quarantine and relax precautions. I believe the latter is true in Lakewood but the coming weeks should provide an answer.
Very well said

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #466 on: July 09, 2020, 02:24:24 PM »

Well written. In your opinion, what is the main concern regarding a second wave? Is it the amount of people getting sick, the restrictions it will trigger, or something else?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 09, 2020, 02:47:27 PM »
Well written. In your opinion, what is the main concern regarding a second wave? Is it the amount of people getting sick, the restrictions it will trigger, or something else?
I think overwhelming the system (running out of ventilators, ICU capacity) in Lakewood is pretty much off the table at this point so if one were to be concerned about a second wave I think the concern would be first regarding the vulnerable population. If the virus were to be widespread it becomes difficult to impossible to prevent exposure to vulnerable people, even those taking proper precautions. I have an immunocompromised relative who didn’t leave her home in March and April yet she had antibodies. Was it the supermarket delivery guy who touched the boxes? Was it virus that somehow made its way onto our gloves when we dropped off necessities? It’s hard to know.

The second concern would be the sheer numbers of people contracting the virus would likely mean some serious cases or even fatalities in the general healthy population, despite the fact that the number of those suffering serious long term side effects (or fatalities) in the general healthy population is very small. This second concern assumes that a vaccine or efficacious treatment  is eventually developed in a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise these individuals would have likely contracted the virus at some point in the future in any case.

Again nothing that would indicate such a scenario at this time.

Online avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 09, 2020, 02:50:21 PM »
I have an immunocompromised relative who didn’t leave her home in March and April yet she had antibodies. Was it the supermarket delivery guy who touched the boxes? Was it virus that somehow made its way onto our gloves when we dropped off necessities? It’s hard to know.
Or she contracted the virus before we knew it was spreading.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #469 on: July 09, 2020, 02:55:03 PM »

Didn't @chevron mention at some point that immunocompromised people (or was it people on immunosuppressants?) were actually not getting that sick, something to do with not having a cytokine storm?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #470 on: July 09, 2020, 02:55:10 PM »
Yup, like me.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 09, 2020, 03:00:34 PM »
Yup, like me.
Skver is also under the impression that the rebbeh got it in February.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 09, 2020, 03:02:10 PM »
True. There are others I know of who took precautions and had onset of symptoms some time afterward.

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 09, 2020, 03:02:27 PM »
Didn't @chevron mention at some point that immunocompromised people (or was it people on immunosuppressants?) were actually not getting that sick, something to do with not having a cytokine storm?

Some people who are on immunosuppressants their drugs are actually blocking the virus from attacking the body

Offline Mikes@Micro

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 09, 2020, 03:15:10 PM »
Skver is also under the impression that the rebbeh got it in February.
Which rebbishe magazine reports this?
Quote or engagement  equals full throated endorsement and vote!
H/t PinchosL

Offline Mikes@Micro

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 09, 2020, 03:17:29 PM »
The guy is a straight liar. He’s been caught lying so many different times throughout the last couple months. I won’t believe anything the guy ever says again.
@Afrages6 or anyone else... do you have any examples of him lying?
This video was forwarded to a family member who just locked down her family totally as a result. Need some help discrediting him or at least make some room in their mind that he may just be wrong.
TIA
Quote or engagement  equals full throated endorsement and vote!
H/t PinchosL

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #476 on: July 09, 2020, 03:19:41 PM »
This video was forwarded to a family member who just locked down her family totally as a result. Need some help discrediting him or at least make some room in their mind that he may just be wrong.
TIA
Why would it bother you if a family member was being more cautious?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 09, 2020, 03:19:56 PM »
Which rebbishe magazine reports this?
Lol

Online Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 09, 2020, 03:21:13 PM »
TIA

Two months ago he claimed that camps were already told that they aren’t being allowed to open and they are just trying to steal your money if they tell you that they are opening. He also had that long voice note which he sent around about Lakewood and how he tried to get the porch minyanim too stop after the rabbanim allowed them which was filled with lies.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #479 on: July 09, 2020, 03:22:06 PM »
Two months ago he claimed that camps were already told that they aren’t being allowed to open and they are just trying to steal your money if they tell you that they are opening. He also had that long voice note which he sent around about Lakewood and how he tried to get the porch minyanim too stop after the rabbanim allowed them which was filled with lies.
Wasn’t this obviously true?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.