Poll

Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach (NEW case)?

Don't know
I know in Tri-State area
I know other location in us
I know out of the US

Author Topic: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?  (Read 80814 times)

Offline Euclid

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
Re: Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?
« Reply #580 on: July 19, 2020, 06:21:44 PM »
There was a report of one person who was in FL spreading in his shul. Much of the low transmission rate may be due to the proactive contact tracing by CHEMED which seems to be BH effective.
Just heard of someone who came home from FL this past Friday and went to shul on shabbos.

Offline avromie7

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 19, 2020, 06:23:13 PM »
Much of the low transmission rate may be due to the proactive contact tracing by CHEMED which seems to be BH effective.
That's good news
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #582 on: July 19, 2020, 06:25:51 PM »
Just heard of someone who came home from FL this past Friday and went to shul on shabbos.
BRAINS PEOPLE!! It the the yoyos like this who will give the power hungry the ammo they need to restart lockdowns.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 19, 2020, 06:27:27 PM »
There was a report of one person who was in FL spreading in his shul. Much of the low transmission rate may be due to the proactive contact tracing by CHEMED which seems to be BH effective.
And hopefully people are actually going to their doctors to be tested etc. instead of ostriching and trying to "avoid" quarantine and ensuing lockdown...

Offline yesitsme

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 26, 2020, 12:13:08 PM »
Do you know someone who has had Coronavirus after Pesach?
Yes I do, a ruv in a shul
["-"]

Offline Euclid

• View Profile
« Reply #585 on: July 26, 2020, 12:50:37 PM »
Yes I do, a ruv in a shul
Location? Recently?

Offline Mikeoracle

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 12, 2020, 05:05:10 PM »
Hi,
I want to share my story as a data point and maybe it will help someone (I may xpost for visibility);

On Monday 8/10 I tested positive for Covid. It seems pretty clear that I was infected at a simcha last week, either at the Aufruf or at the Wedding last Tuesday 8/4. I started not feeling well on Thursday morning but thought it was just allergies or a cold, which i deal with often. I felt a little bit better friday night and shabbos morning and went to a small local minyan in my neighborhood, but by shabbos afternoon I was in bed.
I only found out on Monday 8/10 that there were a lot of people not feeling well from that simcha and testing positive, so I quickly went to get tested (in Friendly Urgent Care). They told me there were a few positive tests within that last hour, one of them I know is a relative of mine who was also at the wedding. They indicated that there seems to be at least 2 or more wedding this past week that are at the center of a bunch of positive cases.
I quickly notified whoever I was in contact with, but so for unfortunately at least 3 people got infected by me. This is by far the worst feeling for me, worse than actually being sick. I wish everyone would be as quick to alert people as I was- as I would likely have been able to avoid infecting anyone, and would have taken precautions as soon as I felt sick.

There is definitely an outbreak right now, which will hopefully subside quickly if people take precautions, it just pains me that people didnt feel "shame" or whatever it is, that stops them from reacting responsibly right away.
This is affecting people in Lakewood, Monsey and Boro park (and catskills of course) who were at the is wedding, and some of the other weddings that were affected (infected?).

If you are a high risk person, you should be extra careful for the next little while (at minimum).

p.s. it is extra frustrating as my family was so careful for such a long time. I refused to daven indoors, for a long time and was made fun of because of that.

Offline yuneeq

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 12, 2020, 05:28:27 PM »
Hi,
I want to share my story as a data point and maybe it will help someone (I may xpost for visibility);

On Monday 8/10 I tested positive for Covid. It seems pretty clear that I was infected at a simcha last week, either at the Aufruf or at the Wedding last Tuesday 8/4. I started not feeling well on Thursday morning but thought it was just allergies or a cold, which i deal with often. I felt a little bit better friday night and shabbos morning and went to a small local minyan in my neighborhood, but by shabbos afternoon I was in bed.
I only found out on Monday 8/10 that there were a lot of people not feeling well from that simcha and testing positive, so I quickly went to get tested (in Friendly Urgent Care). They told me there were a few positive tests within that last hour, one of them I know is a relative of mine who was also at the wedding. They indicated that there seems to be at least 2 or more wedding this past week that are at the center of a bunch of positive cases.
I quickly notified whoever I was in contact with, but so for unfortunately at least 3 people got infected by me. This is by far the worst feeling for me, worse than actually being sick. I wish everyone would be as quick to alert people as I was- as I would likely have been able to avoid infecting anyone, and would have taken precautions as soon as I felt sick.

There is definitely an outbreak right now, which will hopefully subside quickly if people take precautions, it just pains me that people didnt feel "shame" or whatever it is, that stops them from reacting responsibly right away.
This is affecting people in Lakewood, Monsey and Boro park (and catskills of course) who were at the is wedding, and some of the other weddings that were affected (infected?).

If you are a high risk person, you should be extra careful for the next little while (at minimum).

p.s. it is extra frustrating as my family was so careful for such a long time. I refused to daven indoors, for a long time and was made fun of because of that.

Thanks for sharing, it must be hard.
This wedding took place in Lakewood?
Visibly Jewish

Offline Mikeoracle

• View Profile
« Reply #588 on: August 12, 2020, 05:57:29 PM »
Thanks for sharing, it must be hard.
This wedding took place in Lakewood?
the wedding was in boro park. At the urgent care they mentioned that there was also a Monsey wedding they were monitoring

Offline Jellybelly

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: August 12, 2020, 06:10:37 PM »
Are people that we’re at the wedding getting called to be careful?

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #590 on: August 12, 2020, 06:38:16 PM »
the wedding was in boro park. At the urgent care they mentioned that there was also a Monsey wedding they were monitoring

Were there out-of-towners (as in people from current hotspots) at the wedding?

Did you or your family get it during the Purim outbreak.

I hope you have a Refuah SHLEIMA soon, and end up with some good antibodies, because it doesn't look like this thing is going away, there will be outbreaks, and those with antibodies will probably fare much better.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 12, 2020, 07:11:34 PM »

I hope you have a Refuah SHLEIMA soon, and end up with some good antibodies, because it doesn't look like this thing is going away, there will be outbreaks, and those with antibodies will probably fare much better.
It will never be totally eradicated from the human race.

Offline Mikeoracle

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 12, 2020, 08:23:03 PM »

I don't have first hand knowledge, but I hear that out may have originated from someone that came from a hot spot state.

We did not get it back then, except for my 6 year old son who tested positive in March.

Thank you, and that's exactly what I'm hopeful for, a little peace of mind with some antibodies. The hardest part for me is knowing all the other families I affected so far. Our kids are devastated to have to miss day camp after being couped up for so many months, and be stuck home again.

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: August 12, 2020, 08:24:58 PM »

Lakewood isn't brooklyn. There are huge amounts of people in lakewood who were not exposed.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #594 on: August 17, 2020, 04:54:30 PM »
https://crownheights.info/chabad-news/712279/mountain-lodge-estates-under-lockdown-as-isolated-covid-case-causes-mini-outbreak/

8/17/2020

To the residents of MLE.

Over the past 10 days we have working together with others expert in the field of public health, studying the situation at MLE, and trying to devise guidelines for the safe management of what appears to be a mini outbreak there.

Initially we gave special consideration re quarantine to those who had previously been exposed to the virus. However given the most recent case we need to relook at the facts on the ground and attempt to make appropriate adjustments. Two of the adults involved, clearly seem to be cases of reinfection. Hopefully their illness will be light, but the possibility now exists that,

Even those that have had the illness may now be incubating again, and themselves become infectious, as antibody protection has waned.

We may be looking at a variant strain of the virus.

Children, who may not be ill, could possibly be sharing this virus, and bringing it home.

We sincerely hope that this whole episode will blow over very soon, as it may. However until that becomes clear, the following precautions would be appropriate.

In the best situation, there would be no coming and going from MLE, ensuring that the outbreak stays local, and is not exported.

Those who must leave should be particularly cautious, to observe social distancing and mask use. Most importantly, visits to elderly parents should be delayed. The same applies to simchas and other events where social distancing breaks down.

Within MLE, mitigation should be carefully practiced, including outdoor minyanim, preferably porch minyanim. The Shabbas kiddush avoided (packing food in individual servings, is not effective in stopping the exchange of respiratory secretions).

Children should not attend camp both inside and outside of MLE.

Anyone who feels ill in any way should isolate and be tested immediately.

There is no perfect solution, and any attempt to shut this mini-outbreak down will require some hardship.The next few days will be telling as to where this is going, but having experienced the effects of this virus, we believe that abundant caution is appropriate at this time.

Eli Rosen and the Gedaliah society

Together with Dr Avi Rosenberg.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline yaakov35

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: August 17, 2020, 05:24:56 PM »
https://crownheights.info/chabad-news/712279/mountain-lodge-estates-under-lockdown-as-isolated-covid-case-causes-mini-outbreak/
Something interesting needs to happen in the frum community very soon. These guys have too much time on their hands and too little too complain about.

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #596 on: August 17, 2020, 05:34:24 PM »
Something interesting needs to happen in the frum community very soon. These guys have too much time on their hands and too little too complain about.

Who exactly are you talking about? I know you can't be referring to the doctors...
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Euclid

• View Profile

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #598 on: August 18, 2020, 05:10:07 PM »
https://covid19ch.blogspot.com/2020/08/covid-19-update-39.html

WHOA!

What is worrisome (beyond the objective acceleration of cases) is that the recent infections include the following details:

Two cases of presumed reinfection. This involves people who were ill with Covid several months ago, and completely recovered. Both had antibodies but upon recent retesting had “lost” their antibodies, and now, after  being exposed to Covid, these people became sick again and tested positive. These 2 new cases are so clear in their course as to take reinfection from a probable phenomenon to a reality (albeit difficult to prove as we don't have initial viral samples to compare). At this time the symptoms appear relatively mild compared with the initial illness.  How widespread will this phenomenon  become? How severe will reinfection be? Will these reinfected individuals themselves be infectious? These pressing questions are all without answers at this time. We as a community unfortunately were the first to suffer wide community spread and are ahead of other neighborhoods on the timeline. As such we are a living laboratory with very little precedent to go on, but the above must ring some alarm bells.
    A recent case here in Crown Heights that was acquired via community spread - that is, he had travelled nowhere, did not have obvious contact with people from hot-spot states, was not at crowded simchas (all of our known risk factors implicated in recent cases), and yet got quite ill with first time COVID. The implication here is that there is infectious virus present in the community at this time.
    At least one or two infections are in people who have never previously been ill, but who have previously been extensively exposed  while helping take care of others in their family at home who had been ill. This is worrisome because we had hoped that such a high degree of exposure in the home would mean that their body “saw the virus” in some unmeasurable way, and would recognise it again with an immunological response, but this is now called into question.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline myi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 20K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 356
    • View Profile
  • Programs: 2Many2List!
« Reply #599 on: August 18, 2020, 07:46:26 PM »
  Now that all the sleep away camps are over, and simchas BH are in full swing, seems there's alot more public gatherings and unfortunately many more reports of ppl being diagnosed with C-19.

It's not easy for everyone to stay cooped up for 6 months.
  But bh the strain of the virus that's around now doesn't seem to be the same as it was months back, at least it doesn't seem that way.

Let's hope that with all the antibodies,plasma and different medications that supposedly work, will keep the virus packed away.
    It's unfortunate to all those who were lost due to C-19.
 Let's hope there will be an end very soon to this pandemic!

Shall we not make simchas? Or make them but no dancing? Or make everyone wear a mask?
   There's no easy and comfortable answer.

And now all or most yeshivahs plan to reopen! We can only hope and daven for the very best outcome.
Need your LG Exalt fixed? Cracked in half? Water damage? Or parts to repair yourself. 347.201.2501