Author Topic: Is there a second wave?  (Read 21982 times)

Offline aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: Is there a second wave?
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2020, 01:51:43 PM »
No one was calling for it. Revisionist history
#fakenews

Just look back on DDF from before purim.
The thing with the hamster is that running on the wheel is actually what it is trying to do.

Offline Lurker

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2020, 02:09:11 PM »

Takes some balls to post that on this forum in particular...
Tick tock

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2020, 02:11:19 PM »
#fakenews

Just look back on DDF from before purim.
Hindsight is 20/20.

At that point the mainstream medical establishment wasn't calling for such drastic measures.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2020, 02:20:29 PM »
Hindsight is 20/20.

At that point the mainstream medical establishment wasn't calling for such drastic measures.
Many, many people were calling for a shutdown immediately preceding and following Purim. The medical establishment is irrelevant. To say
is 100% BS.
Tick tock

Online Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2020, 02:22:55 PM »
Hindsight is 20/20.

The Lakewood doctors whom the town listens to were indeed calling for business as usual. Just about all of them. A few fringe doctors calling for shutdowns before purim.

Online S209

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2020, 02:24:00 PM »
I understand that suits your agenda because you are once again calling for everything to reopen up, as you have all along, and donít want to take responsibility for your actions, but it shouldnít take too much research to find the thousands of posts on here calling for people to shut down. Start with @chevron favorite thread, the ďRabbanim wake upĒ thread. Iím not saying it was written respectfully but if you deny many people were calling for it, youíre the one rewriting history.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Ritz Carlton Gold, *G, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Total Rewards Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, DDF Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2020, 02:25:48 PM »
The Lakewood doctors whom the town listens to were indeed calling for business as usual. Just about all of them. A few fringe doctors calling for shutdowns before purim.
Lies. Everyone but one major doctor called for serious restrictions. I personally spoke to 2 doctors right after Purim before people woke up and they warned that the situation was dire, and one of them has unfortunately since succumbed to the virus.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline chevron

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2020, 02:34:00 PM »
There's no winners. If you had taken precautions you can look back and muse that you over reacted. If you took no precautions etc and nothing happened or if you took no precautions and muse that things wouldn't have changed etc .

Bh here in Miami it's been stable , a lot to do with weather, geography etc but I think we just took it more seriously and it never really spread.

Online Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2020, 02:37:26 PM »
Lies. Everyone but one major doctor called for serious restrictions. I personally spoke to 2 doctors right after Purim before people woke up and they warned that the situation was dire, and one of them has unfortunately since succumbed to the virus.

Lies? before purim? Who is being revisionist?
Dr shanik was not calling for a shutdown before purim. The head of a major health center in Lakewood was asked personally about an immunocomromised person going out on purim and he responded that covid had not yet reached Lakewood so he saw no reason not to. The Roshei yeshiva met with several doctors a few days AFTER purim and those doctors did not insist to them that everything shut down. If Dr Shanik and the others mentioned werenít on board little else mattered. Rich Roberts, Dr Roth, and a few other donít carry sway in Lakewood when Dr shanik says otherwise.

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2020, 02:39:31 PM »
I understand that suits your agenda because you are once again calling for everything to reopen up, as you have all along, and donít want to take responsibility for your actions, but it shouldnít take too much research to find the thousands of posts on here calling for people to shut down. Start with @chevron favorite thread, the ďRabbanim wake upĒ thread. Iím not saying it was written respectfully but if you deny many people were calling for it, youíre the one rewriting history.
How was everything not shut down right after Purim? At least where I lived it was, youíre telling me that a week before that there were thousands of messages here saying we should shut down?

Offline ari3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2020, 02:40:04 PM »
Many, many people were calling for a shutdown immediately preceding and following Purim. The medical establishment is irrelevant. To say is 100% BS.
Wait the medical establishment is irrelevant. The Rabbis are irrelevant. So who is relevant?

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2020, 02:50:18 PM »
Dr shanik was not calling for a shutdown before purim. The head of a major health center in Lakewood was asked personally about an immunocomromised person going out on purim and he responded that covid had not yet reached Lakewood so he saw no reason not to. The Roshei yeshiva met with several doctors a few days AFTER purim and those doctors did not insist to them that everything shut down. If Dr Shanik and the others mentioned werenít on board little else mattered. Rich Roberts, Dr Roth, and a few other donít carry sway in Lakewood when Dr shanik says otherwise.
Read my post he was responding to. I said that within the week after Purim nobody acted to shut it down, which could have contained a lot of it. I specifically said I donít blame anyone but most doctors were on board at that point, with one notable exception who waited until the following Wed and Thurs to finally wake up, by which time it was unfortunately too late for most. Yes, the few days after Purim almost all doctors in Lakewood (By Monday just about everyone except the one exception) were advising people to stay home and not go out.
How was everything not shut down right after Purim? At least where I lived it was, youíre telling me that a week before that there were thousands of messages here saying we should shut down?
I suggested that the difference between a decent amount of spread and the crazy spread to the extent that happened was the week after Purim. I maintain that if schools, businesses, and shuls would not have opened the following week at all a lot of the tragedy could have been averted. Once again, Iím not saying I blame anyone. But MANY were calling for that.

I donít know where you live, I was and am talking about Lakewood
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2020, 02:50:35 PM »
Wait the medical establishment is irrelevant. The Rabbis are irrelevant. So who is relevant?

To what he said? The medical establishment wasn't brought up. Who said Rabbis?
Tick tock

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2020, 02:52:13 PM »
Hindsight is 20/20.

So we listen to the mainstream medical establishment?
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com

Online S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2020, 02:54:19 PM »
Ok itís getting clearer to me that you havenít bothered to read my posts that youíre disagreeing with.

I will summarize:
I said most of the spread happened between Purim and lockdown which occurred a week and a half later, and a lockdown on that Sunday (After Purim) could have prevented much heartache. I was questioned about the possibility, and maintain that it was possible if leaders would have all been on board, which they werenít. Now please look back and see if you have any questions.
Gowns By Shevy
732-806-1136
info@gownsbyshevy.com