Author Topic: Is there a second wave?  (Read 100096 times)

Online avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a second wave?
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2020, 08:20:16 PM »
I think in Lakewood, a bunch of people from other places spread it around on Purim to hundreds of people, and those people spread it to thousands or tens of thousands over the next week with little to no restrictions.
It's ludicrous to think it wasn't rampant in Lakewood before purim. Purim definitely didn't help, but it didn't start on Purim.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2020, 08:20:50 PM »
It's ludicrous to think it wasn't rampant in Lakewood before purim. Purim definitely didn't help, but it didn't start on Purim.
You think thousands had it before Purim, or a handful?
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2020, 08:26:52 PM »
You think thousands had it before Purim, or a handful?
My guess is hundreds, but I have no way to know.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2020, 08:28:36 PM »
My guess is hundreds, but I have no way to know.
Possibly. I think Purim and the week that followed caused many thousands of not tens of thousands to get infected, and that week, which was the week that most people waffled on, was the most critical week in keeping this thing in check. Let’s face it, we whiffed from the top down.

Online avromie7

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2020, 08:38:53 PM »

Possibly. I think Purim and the week that followed caused many thousands of not tens of thousands to get infected, and that week, which was the week that most people waffled on, was the most critical week in keeping this thing in check. Let’s face it, we whiffed from the top down.

The last week before the lockdown is by definition the week that it spread the most.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2020, 08:40:29 PM »
It is hard to pinpoint when they don't even know how long it takes to show symptoms.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2020, 10:19:58 PM »

The last week before the lockdown is by definition the week that it spread the most.
For sure, and that week it spread a ton. My point is by locking down less than one week earlier (when many people were already calling for it, outside of one prominent doctor in Lakewood) we probably would have escaped a tremendous amount of devastation. Probably being the operative word here. All we presumably would have needed to do was not reopen schools, businesses, and shuls after Shabbos, when the real danger was coming to light.

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2020, 01:04:06 AM »
For sure, and that week it spread a ton. My point is by locking down less than one week earlier (when many people were already calling for it, outside of one prominent doctor in Lakewood) we probably would have escaped a tremendous amount of devastation. Probably being the operative word here. All we presumably would have needed to do was not reopen schools, businesses, and shuls after Shabbos, when the real danger was coming to light.
Most of the people were probably infected by then. Additionally it would have been virtually impossible to shut down businesses at that point being that it wasn't mandated by gov't at that point.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2020, 11:45:42 AM »
Most of the people were probably infected by then. Additionally it would have been virtually impossible to shut down businesses at that point being that it wasn't mandated by gov't at that point.
Why do you say most were probably infected by then? If Rabbanim and doctors would have released a blanket harsh ban through a public letter and phone recordings on all businesses, schools, and shuls that would have stopped things cold turkey. They are NOT to blame but I do think it could have been done theoretically.

Online Afrages6

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2020, 01:43:43 PM »
No one was calling for it. Revisionist history

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2020, 01:51:43 PM »
#fakenews

Just look back on DDF from before purim.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2020, 02:09:11 PM »

Takes some balls to post that on this forum in particular...
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2020, 02:11:19 PM »
#fakenews

Just look back on DDF from before purim.
Hindsight is 20/20.

At that point the mainstream medical establishment wasn't calling for such drastic measures.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2020, 02:20:29 PM »
Hindsight is 20/20.

At that point the mainstream medical establishment wasn't calling for such drastic measures.
Many, many people were calling for a shutdown immediately preceding and following Purim. The medical establishment is irrelevant. To say
is 100% BS.
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2020, 02:22:55 PM »
Hindsight is 20/20.

The Lakewood doctors whom the town listens to were indeed calling for business as usual. Just about all of them. A few fringe doctors calling for shutdowns before purim.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2020, 02:24:00 PM »
I understand that suits your agenda because you are once again calling for everything to reopen up, as you have all along, and don’t want to take responsibility for your actions, but it shouldn’t take too much research to find the thousands of posts on here calling for people to shut down. Start with @chevron favorite thread, the “Rabbanim wake up” thread. I’m not saying it was written respectfully but if you deny many people were calling for it, you’re the one rewriting history.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2020, 02:25:48 PM »
The Lakewood doctors whom the town listens to were indeed calling for business as usual. Just about all of them. A few fringe doctors calling for shutdowns before purim.
Lies. Everyone but one major doctor called for serious restrictions. I personally spoke to 2 doctors right after Purim before people woke up and they warned that the situation was dire, and one of them has unfortunately since succumbed to the virus.

Offline chevron

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2020, 02:34:00 PM »
There's no winners. If you had taken precautions you can look back and muse that you over reacted. If you took no precautions etc and nothing happened or if you took no precautions and muse that things wouldn't have changed etc .

Bh here in Miami it's been stable , a lot to do with weather, geography etc but I think we just took it more seriously and it never really spread.

Offline Yard sale

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2020, 02:37:26 PM »
Lies. Everyone but one major doctor called for serious restrictions. I personally spoke to 2 doctors right after Purim before people woke up and they warned that the situation was dire, and one of them has unfortunately since succumbed to the virus.

Lies? before purim? Who is being revisionist?
Dr shanik was not calling for a shutdown before purim. The head of a major health center in Lakewood was asked personally about an immunocomromised person going out on purim and he responded that covid had not yet reached Lakewood so he saw no reason not to. The Roshei yeshiva met with several doctors a few days AFTER purim and those doctors did not insist to them that everything shut down. If Dr Shanik and the others mentioned weren’t on board little else mattered. Rich Roberts, Dr Roth, and a few other don’t carry sway in Lakewood when Dr shanik says otherwise.

Online Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2020, 02:39:31 PM »
I understand that suits your agenda because you are once again calling for everything to reopen up, as you have all along, and don’t want to take responsibility for your actions, but it shouldn’t take too much research to find the thousands of posts on here calling for people to shut down. Start with @chevron favorite thread, the “Rabbanim wake up” thread. I’m not saying it was written respectfully but if you deny many people were calling for it, you’re the one rewriting history.
How was everything not shut down right after Purim? At least where I lived it was, you’re telling me that a week before that there were thousands of messages here saying we should shut down?