Author Topic: His crime was he was black!!!  (Read 31688 times)

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Re: His crime was he was black!!!
« Reply #160 on: May 10, 2020, 07:29:25 PM »
Did you listen to this YT video?
No and it is 42+ minutes. The law I posted is a sentence or two. Did you read it? Can you answer the question?
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #161 on: May 10, 2020, 07:41:07 PM »
Did you listen to this YT video?

I didn't watch it either. But did you Google the guy's name?

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 10, 2020, 07:46:25 PM »
Someone should choose their videos they post more carefully. We might get the wrong impression.  :)

Stefan Basil Molyneux is a far-right, white nationalist Canadian podcaster and YouTuber who is known for his promotion of scientific racism and white supremacist views.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2020, 10:49:45 PM »
I'm going to say something that will evoke many of passionate responses....
Imagine if the pursued was a religious Jew in Brooklyn and the pursuers were African American...
All other details and speculation remain the same. Would you opinion remain the same?

It's an exercise to do with every news story. Switch the names/nationalities/races etc. of the people involved and see how your reaction changes.

I've posted this a few times over the years on this forum. Always relevant.
https://bogieworks.blogs.com/treppenwitz/2006/04/mirrors.html

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 11, 2020, 06:11:08 PM »
Be careful about talking about his background. I guarantee you they are checking everyone's background. One racist comment on social media or anywhere else and now you have a hate crime.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-shooting-georgia-idUSKBN22N29X

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 11, 2020, 07:13:25 PM »
How about that in the state we are talking about a felony needs to be committed for citizens arrest? Is that a fact or opinion?
No and it is 42+ minutes. The law I posted is a sentence or two. Did you read it? Can you answer the question?
You comments suggest that you are misinterpreting the law.

"2010 Georgia Code
TITLE 17 - CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
CHAPTER 4 - ARREST OF PERSONS
ARTICLE 4 - ARREST BY PRIVATE PERSONS
§ 17-4-60 - Grounds for arrest

O.C.G.A. 17-4-60 (2010)
17-4-60. Grounds for arrest

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion."

If you read the law you'd realize there is a period between sentences. There are different standards applied for different levels of crimes. A misdemeanor can be grounds for a citizens arrest "if the  offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge." .

Regardless, legally, a question arises if thier action can be considered a citizens arrest. Did they use physical force by pointing a gun towards the ground. Does trying to stop someone fall into a category of citizens arrest?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 07:36:39 PM by KSMH »
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Online zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 11, 2020, 07:52:35 PM »

"2010 Georgia Code

O.C.G.A. 17-4-60 (2010)

A private person may arrest an offender if the offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge. If the offense is a felony and the offender is escaping or attempting to escape, a private person may arrest him upon reasonable and probable grounds of suspicion."

If you read the law you'd realize there is a period between sentences. There are different standards applied for different levels of crimes. A misdemeanor can be grounds for a citizens arrest "if the  offense is committed in his presence or within his immediate knowledge." .

Regardless, legally, a question arises if thier action can be considered a citizens arrest. Did they use physical force by pointing a gun towards the ground. Does trying to stop someone fall into a category of citizens arrest?

Did the victim commit a misdemeanor in their presence or within their immediate knowledge? Or did they suspect that he might have?

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 11, 2020, 07:58:23 PM »
Did the victim commit a misdemeanor in their presence or within their immediate knowledge? Or did they suspect that he might have?
Some reports indicate that Arbur has committed a felony in the past, in the area. Regardless if true or not trespassing is a misdemeanor and any reasonable person would say that the reason they followed Arbur was because they suspected him of [past felonies or] a current misdemeanor that falls within the laws limit of "within his immediate knowledge".

It's the law, regardless, if ppl like it. A person can only be expected to follow the laws currently in place.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 11, 2020, 08:00:25 PM »
Someone should choose their videos they post more carefully. We might get the wrong impression.  :)

Stefan Basil Molyneux is a far-right, white nationalist Canadian podcaster and YouTuber who is known for his promotion of scientific racism and white supremacist views.

No, but, I think substance matters. Anyone can be name tagged and framed.

I think the anti semitism threads, shows how easily it is and how aggresive big media is in framing people and entire communities.

People should usually not put too much weight on who said what but the substance of what they are saying.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 08:05:25 PM by KSMH »

Online zh cohen

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 11, 2020, 08:05:51 PM »
Some reports indicate that Arbur has committed a felony in the past, in the area. Regardless if true or not trespassing is a misdemeanor and any reasonable person would say that the reason they followed Arbur was because they suspected him of [past felonies or] a current misdemeanor that falls within the laws limit of "within his immediate knowledge".

It's the law, regardless, if ppl like it. A person can only be expected to follow the laws currently in place.

How does "suspect" fall within the limits of "immediate knowledge"?

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2020, 08:13:09 PM »
How does "suspect" fall within the limits of "immediate knowledge"?
I can strike the word "suspected" it wont change the facts why they chased him and that was because of what I stated above.

Regardless,
Suspect - Wikpedia
"In law enforcement jargon, a suspect is a known person accused or suspected of committing a crime. Police and reporters in the United States often use the word suspect as a jargon when referring to the perpetrator of the offense (perp in dated US slang)."

A suspect can be someone accused of a crime within thier "immediate knowledge".

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #171 on: May 11, 2020, 08:20:46 PM »
I am sure these yoyos understand all of the nuances of the law.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #172 on: May 11, 2020, 08:45:53 PM »
No, but, I think substance matters. Anyone can be name tagged and framed.

I think the anti semitism threads, shows how easily it is and how aggresive big media is in framing people and entire communities.

People should usually not put too much weight on who said what but the substance of what they are saying.
I didn't Google him after you posted the video, as soon as I saw his name I remembered it from objectionable content. Sometimes someone has a rap for being a bad guy because they are. Not everything is a media, left wing conspiracy.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 11, 2020, 09:29:21 PM »

"2010 Georgia Code

O.C.G.A. 17-4-60 (2010)

What does the first sentence have to with it unless you are now saying he had immediate knowledge of a crime being committed. Is that what you are saying?

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2020, 01:15:36 AM »
What does the first sentence have to with it unless you are now saying he had immediate knowledge of a crime being committed. Is that what you are saying?
I'm saying that what he did was not necessarily illegal.

If you go back and read the posts I wrote, you'll see that I say and continue to say.
1. They possibly had immediate knowledge of a misdemeanor crime of trespassing.
2. It's  possible they had knowledge of felony crimes he allegedly committed. There are reports that more then one robbery occurred in the area and some were not reported to the police.
3. Even if the above two dont apply, it's not necessarily that trying to stop someone becomes illegal.

It's fair to say you dont like Georgia law, regarding citizens arrest, gun open carry and stand your ground.... These are the laws currently in place. A person can only be expected to follow what's written.

There can usually be a way to interpret and bend laws the way one likes, hence why the police and AG didn't initially press charges. Laws are sometimes applied unequally.

This doesn't mean that every person not getting charged for a crime is given a pass and every person charged should be charged. In this case based on the current available facts, there are laws to back up the claim not to charge these guys.  A reasonable prosecutor can come to the same conclusion based on available facts.  You can read the police report and letters from the prosecution.  An average person with no LE background might've gotten charged and might've not.

The local DA  doing the initial investigation at first recommended no charges but then recused themselves due to prior relationship and they referred the case to the neighboring county DA that  recommend this case be bought in front of a grand jury. The GJ proceedings were delayed due to COVID. During this time these guys didn't run or bail. They stayed put in their home. When media got hold of this story they turned it  into a racial based story saying there is no justice when in fact it was going to go in front of a GJ. The media claims promted outcry from infamous El Sharpton.

While some would take issue with the fact that they were even going to bring this to a GJ, put that aside, they were going to go in front of a GJ, a  typical procedure. Why when media tries pushing a narrative the prosecutors feel compelled to immediately arrest. They are scared of being called racist, partial and favorable to LE. It's a very normal thing to let someone on the loose before GJ proceedings.

Everyone can debate the law and how it applies to these ppl and even change strategy when statute's are read correctly. I just fail to see based on evidence how him being black contributed to his death.  If it's a feeling, then I get you, but the facts just dont currently support it. This might change in the future but who knows. 

Can you explain why you think this was racially motivated?

Anywaze, some new intrestesting footage is showing up.  And based on current available information it seems that

[

This is not ur typical guy wondering into a construction zone.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7N6bC5cnVU

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1260039264525586438

There is another side to this story as well, these guys knew Arbur from his past work in LE and knew of his prior legal history.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 01:44:59 AM by KSMH »

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2020, 09:55:44 AM »
3. Even if the above two dont apply, it's not necessarily that trying to stop someone becomes illegal.
You keep saying this but do you believe it. It is not illegal in your opinion for an armed Nazi's to chase down a Jew? Wouldn't that Jew be right to fear for his life and fight back?
It's fair to say you dont like Georgia law, regarding citizens arrest, gun open carry and stand your ground.... These are the laws currently in place. A person can only be expected to follow what's written.
Not only is it not fair it is wrong.

A word of advice. I would not use Candance at all in this discussion. That is like using a self hating Jew to show Jews did something wrong.  ;)

Offline skyguy918

• View Profile

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2020, 12:20:59 PM »
https://youtu.be/cD0m1Ar7Kfg

Arrested for being black, and shoplifting.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2020, 01:10:21 PM »
I guess it is OK to try and tase someone for listening to music in his car. I am sure him being black had nothing to do with it.  ::)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-tried-to-tase-ahmaud-arbery-in-2017-incident-video-shows/ar-BB14gT4M?li=BBnb7Kz

Offline grodnoking

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2020, 01:18:08 PM »
I guess it is OK to try and tase someone for listening to music in his car. I am sure him being black had nothing to do with it.  ::)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/police-tried-to-tase-ahmaud-arbery-in-2017-incident-video-shows/ar-BB14gT4M?li=BBnb7Kz
How was your vacation?
I'm not who you think I am.