Author Topic: His crime was he was black!!!  (Read 31516 times)

Online CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: His crime was he was black!!!
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2020, 11:27:34 PM »
What has been reported looks like these guys need to be locked up and throw away the key.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline momo

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2020, 11:29:21 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/additional-video-footage-surfaces-in-ahmaud-arbery-shooting/ar-BB13Q95T?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds
Ahmaud Arbery was out for a jog. He stopped by a property under construction w[h]ere he engaged in no illegal activity and only remained for a brief period,” the attorney said.

“Ahmaud’s actions at this empty home under construction were in no way a felony under Georgia law. This video confirms that Mr. Arbery’s murder was not justified and the actions of the men who pursued him and ambushed him were unjustified.”
This is from his attorney. He did “stop by” the construction site. Now it doesn’t matter if he did, still doesn’t deserve to get shot.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2020, 11:34:37 PM »
Ahmaud Arbery was out for a jog. He stopped by a property under construction w[h]ere he engaged in no illegal activity and only remained for a brief period,” the attorney said.

“Ahmaud’s actions at this empty home under construction were in no way a felony under Georgia law. This video confirms that Mr. Arbery’s murder was not justified and the actions of the men who pursued him and ambushed him were unjustified.”
This is from his attorney. He did “stop by” the construction site. Now it doesn’t matter if he did, still doesn’t deserve to get shot.
I only posted that link to show there was more info.

I have to think about my younger years when we went to homes under construction to drink and smoke pot. We did no damage as it was just a good place to hang out. 

Offline momo

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2020, 11:58:22 PM »
I only posted that link to show there was more info.

I have to think about my younger years when we went to homes under construction to drink and smoke pot. We did no damage as it was just a good place to hang out. 
He got shot because he was black. Full stop. I’m pretty sure almost everyone here agrees with that. Whether he was a burglar or not, had he been white, he wouldn’t have been shot. Was he a criminal, i don't know. Not sure its really relevant.

Offline pointer

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2020, 11:58:55 PM »
when hunted down this unarmed black man?
While these 2 are definitely racist scum,  there is no proof that they where out ''hunting" black people, from what was reported they went out to catch a "burglar", they had many opportunities to shoot him, (watch the video) but they didn't only after he started grabbing his weapon.

I'm not trying to defend them in any way, and they should be punished severely for killing a young man. I'm just pointing out there is no proof that they ran after him with the intention of killing him.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2020, 12:05:03 AM »
I'm just pointing out there is no proof that they ran after him with the intention of killing him.
The first thing I do when I see someone doing something wrong is I get my Uzi, jump in my pickup with my son who grabs his O/U to go after him. Then I call it in to the police and even though it is my neighborhood I don't know what street I am on.  ;)

Offline KSMH

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2020, 12:42:54 AM »
My question was is it the same caller?

How can this guy not know what street they were on? Was he not from the neighborhood when hunted down this unarmed black man?

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1259290830092763136
Apparently ppl need video of every step in order to believe something.

What has been reported looks like these guys need to be locked up and throw away the key.

In your opinion. Many would differ.

Deny untill there is footage, now wonder why they installed video cameras? Maybe just to see live what's going on or there were multiple burglary's in the past?

The first thing I do when I see someone doing something wrong is I get my Uzi, jump in my pickup with my son who grabs his O/U to go after him. Then I call it in to the police and even though it is my neighborhood I don't know what street I am on.  ;)

When someone has LI background and there were multiple reported breakins in a neighborhood where apparently some one they didn't recognize as being from the neighborhood was breaking into a home under construction.

For those wondering, it's called trespassing. Not sure if owner would press charges but that's the name of the crime.

Yes, pursue the person and ask him to stop so police can detain him to find out his motives and if he committed a crime. ....

I'm not sure the culture in  Georgia but  the USA  is bigger then many ppl's backyards, in some rural cultures ppl walk around with guns especially when pursuing a crime suspect.

When ppl chase someone they can get lost, it's a hot pursuit and they dont do it every day. Did you ever get pulled by PD and started stumbling? many do,  point  being its very normal to just get lost for a moment.

There were multiple ppl chasing this guy and he didn't want to stop.

FYI; the vid dosnt show the guy in Jogging pants, like his family claims..... just BS, maybe hes to poor to buy them? But the claim of him wearing jogging gear is BS.

" The Brunswick News has reported Arbery was indicted for allegedly bringing a gun to a 2013 high school basketball game when he was 19. Family attorney Lee Merritt has acknowledged Arbery's 2018 arrest on shoplifting charges. But any reference to "alleged conduct from high school or shoplifting is absurd and has nothing to do with his murder."

This guy is no angel.

I'm not justifying the killing,  but to fight for a gun and get shot in the process is not to say he was a typical jogger. 

I understand why the government feels a need to prosecute, it's a lot of media attention. But to claim they are guilty or it's a lynching is outright wrong.

Yes, there should be a proper investigation that should take longer then a day or two, without family interference.

If they go to trial this may have the same outcome as that  case in Florida, and it can destroy many more ppls lives in the process.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:49:09 AM by KSMH »
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2020, 12:49:24 AM »

In your opinion. Many would differ.

I made no statement of any opinion but my own.

Feelings don't care about your facts

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2020, 12:51:59 AM »
Deny untill there is footage, now wonder why they installed video cameras?
What did he do wrong in the video? He didn't even touch anything.
For those wondering, it's called trespassing.
For those wondering that is the owners call, not some neighbor.
There were multiple ppl chasing this guy and he didn't want to stop.
There were multiple people chasing him? You don't find that odd?

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2020, 12:54:45 AM »
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1259290830092763136
Apparently ppl need video of every step in order to believe something.

Quick poll: how many people on this forum *wouldn't* stop to look at a house being built like he does in the video?

I would, my kids would.

This video makes the case against the men far worse. *even if* if was seen stealing stuff, that still would not excuse them chasing him down with guns.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2020, 12:57:39 AM »
What did he do wrong in the video? He didn't even touch anything. For those wondering that is the owners call, not some neighbor.There were multiple people chasing him? You don't find that odd?

Nothing that I can see, but remember; ppl were saying, who said he went into the house, and when there is footage of him in the house in one area ppl say, who said he did anything wrong. Pont being there were breakins reported in the past in this area [ reported so] and now neighbors see someone breaking in to a home under construction so they give chase. Totally legal and reasonable.

Someone needs to catch the guy so ppl know who to press charges on if intrested.

There was concern this guy was up to no good,  his record now proves thier guilt was most likely right. Yes, I wish in my neighborhood if someone would be breaking in to a house all neighbors would give chase. I know, that in some areas in Brooklyn this happens all the time.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2020, 01:01:55 AM »
Quick poll: how many people on this forum *wouldn't* stop to look at a house being built like he does in the video?

I would, my kids would.

This video makes the case against the men far worse. *even if* if was seen stealing stuff, that still would not excuse them chasing him down with guns.
You are taking this totally out of context. He was not killed for this, but this was the lead up action.

There were multiple breakins reported in the neighborhood and here some neighbor's saw someone that didn't belong somewhere doing something wrong. They gave chase he didn't want to stop. When finally cut off, he started fighting for the gun.

This is not ur typical guy wondering into a construction zone.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2020, 01:02:22 AM »

Nothing that I can see, but remember; ppl were saying, who said he went into the house, and when there is footage of him in the house in one area ppl say, who said he did anything wrong. Pont being there were breakins reported in the past in this area [ reported so] and now neighbors see someone breaking in to a home under construction so they give chase. Totally legal and reasonable.

Someone needs to catch the guy so ppl know who to press charges on if intrested.

There was concern this guy was up to no good,  his record now proves thier guilt was most likely right. Yes, I wish in my neighborhood if someone would be breaking in to a house all neighbors would give chase. I know, that in some areas in Brooklyn this happens all the time.
You keep saying he is breaking into a house. The video shows just the opposite.

Be careful about talking about his background. I guarantee you they are checking everyone's background. One racist comment on social media or anywhere else and now you have a hate crime.

Online CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2020, 01:05:00 AM »
The video shows he was just wondering around. If you want an honest investigation why don't you acknowledge the facts?

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2020, 01:05:43 AM »
You keep saying he is breaking into a house. The video shows just the opposite.

Be careful about talking about his background. I guarantee you they are checking everyone's background. One racist comment on social media or anywhere else and now you have a hate crime.
His criminal background will be bought up at any trial in this case, so it should be discussed.

I keep saying as follows;
1. There were breakins reported in the past in that neighborhood.  [I read so in the news]
2. He broke/entered into a home under construction.
3. Some ppl in the neighborhood thought these breakins  were related.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2020, 01:07:05 AM »
You are taking this totally out of context. He was not killed for this, but this was the lead up action.

There were multiple breakins reported in the neighborhood and here some neighbor's saw someone that didn't belong somewhere doing something wrong. They gave chase he didn't want to stop. When finally cut off, he started fighting for the gun.

If it was me checking out the construction zone they would not have chased me.

And who says there were break ins in the neighborhood? And if there were, who says a guy looking at a construction zone is the guy? And if he is the guy, you don't chase him with guns.

And if you do chase the guy, and he doesn't want to talk to you, you have no right to detain him or trap him.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2020, 01:09:07 AM »

I would, my kids would.

Very common around me.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2020, 01:09:08 AM »

His criminal background will be bought up at any trial in this case, so it should be discussed.

And I'm sure they ran a quick background check before they gunned him down

Online Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2020, 01:10:12 AM »
Very common around me.
So fair warning, if there are ever burglaries in your area, don't do it.