Author Topic: His crime was he was black!!!  (Read 31072 times)

Offline Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
Re: His crime was he was black!!!
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2020, 11:24:04 AM »
He fought them because they chased him with guns, for heaven's sake.

Offline CountValentine

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips -1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: DAOTYA, DDF Level 3, 5K Lounge
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2020, 11:29:32 AM »
You can walk out of your house and try stoping someone, it's not illegal.
You have gone off the deep end. Please post your source for this nonsense.
When there are multiple reported breakins and someone is trespassing on a property ppl tend to make a correlation.
Where you getting this from (multiple reported breakins)?

Now we have a good idea why they went after him. Also shows more reckless behavior with these idiots and guns.

Only one burglary, an automobile burglary, was reported to county police in the Satilla Shores neighborhood between Jan. 1 and Feb. 23, according to documents obtained by The News in a public records request to the Glynn County Police Department. It involved a Smith & Wesson M&P 9 mm pistol stolen Jan. 1 from a pickup truck outside 230 Satilla Drive, the home of Travis McMichael, according to the police report.
Gregory McMichael moved the 2011 Ford F-150 from one spot to another in front of the home at around 9:30 a.m. Jan. 1, forgetting to lock it afterward, Travis McMichael told police. About an hour later, Travis McMichael found the handgun’s empty holster on the unlocked truck’s seat, the report said.
Only on DDF does 24/6 mean 24/5/half/half

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2020, 11:35:43 AM »

I'm not against charging them thru GJ proceeding, which they were persuing [after video surfaced] but for prosecutors to just charge when media decided to insert racial bias  claims, is ludicrous.

Are you against not charging or investigating them because they're your friends? Or are you only against charging them when pressure mounts from publicized evidence?

Offline KSMH

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2020, 11:42:27 AM »

You have gone off the deep end. Please post your source for this nonsense.Where you getting this from (multiple reported breakins)?

Now we have a good idea why they went after him. Also shows more reckless behavior with these idiots and guns.

Only one burglary, an automobile burglary, was reported to county police in the Satilla Shores neighborhood between Jan. 1 and Feb. 23, according to documents obtained by The News in a public records request to the Glynn County Police Department. It involved a Smith & Wesson M&P 9 mm pistol stolen Jan. 1 from a pickup truck outside 230 Satilla Drive, the home of Travis McMichael, according to the police report.
Gregory McMichael moved the 2011 Ford F-150 from one spot to another in front of the home at around 9:30 a.m. Jan. 1, forgetting to lock it afterward, Travis McMichael told police. About an hour later, Travis McMichael found the handgun’s empty holster on the unlocked truck’s seat, the report said.

https://abc13.com/ahmaud-arbery-video-georgia-shooting/6161594/

"The McMichaels told police they pursued Arbery, with another person recording them on video, after spotting him running in their neighborhood. The father and son said they thought he matched the appearance of a burglary suspect who had been recorded on a surveillance camera."

For a crime of burglary to be committed, police dont have to be notified.

Have you ever walked anywhere in times square, ppl try stoping you all the time [asking for money]. Trying to stop someone is not illegal.
Always praying for delayed baggage.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2020, 11:48:21 AM »

Have you ever walked anywhere in times square, ppl try stoping you all the time [asking for money]. Trying to stop someone is not illegal.

disingenuous
adjective
dis·​in·​gen·​u·​ous | \ ˌdis-in-ˈjen-yə-wəs  , -yü-əs \
Definition of disingenuous: lacking in candor
also : giving a false appearance of simple frankness

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2020, 11:48:51 AM »

Are you against not charging or investigating them because they're your friends? Or are you only against charging them when pressure mounts from publicized evidence?

They should be properly investigated regardless of affiliation.

I'm against prosecution based on media attention. Media can report so and so, but for the media to be the cause for an immediate arrest is wrong. The prosecution announced after the video was released that they will go to a GJ, what suddenly changed?  Obviously there was a reason they wanted to present thier claims to a GJ, maybe the prosecution thinks it dosnt have the facts to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2020, 11:51:09 AM »
disingenuous
adjective
You can call my argument whatever you want, it won't change the fact that trying to stop someone is not illegal.

Maybe there is some law somewhere that would make their specific actions of trying to stop Arbur illegal, but in general trying to stop someone is not illegal.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2020, 11:51:24 AM »

They should be properly investigated regardless of affiliation.

I'm against prosecution based on media attention. Media can report so and so, but for the media to be the cause for an immediate arrest is wrong. The prosecution announced after the video was released that they will go to a GJ, what suddenly changed?  Obviously there was a reason they wanted to present thier claims to a GJ, maybe the prosecution thinks it dosnt have the facts to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.
It's quite telling that you're more worried about a quicker arrest because of media attention than the fact that a man got killed and there was no investigation by a DA who is closely tied with the accused.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 10, 2020, 11:54:10 AM »
It's quite telling that you're more worried about a quicker arrest because of media attention than the fact that a man got killed and there was no investigation by a DA shop is closely tied with the accused.
My posts have been based on the flow of this discussion.

I dont need to worry after the fact, it happened already, I can be careful for the future learning what and how stuff can go wrong.

Offline skyguy918

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 10, 2020, 11:56:54 AM »
Trying to stop someone is not illegal.
At gunpoint?

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2020, 12:01:40 PM »
At gunpoint?
Every guy who stops me to ask if I want to see a comedy show in Times Square does it with guns showing and pick up trucks driving behind me with more guns. That's just common sense. Imagine if I'd checked out a construction site before that! They'd need a F16.

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2020, 12:02:41 PM »
You can call my argument whatever you want, it won't change the fact that trying to stop someone is not illegal.

Maybe there is some law somewhere that would make their specific actions of trying to stop Arbur illegal, but in general trying to stop someone is not illegal.
Where are you getting that you can get your guns, chase someone in your truck and try and stop them?

You keep saying you are allowed to stop someone against their will is not illegal. What is your source for this?

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2020, 12:03:57 PM »
At gunpoint?
Form what I can tell, the video dosnt show them pointing a gun. It shows to the contrary, the guy walking, was holding it, definitely not in the "hold up" position all along, and the guy in the pickup had it down in what seems to be in some type of holster [from the fact that he had to pull it out of somewhere]  and raised it and pointed  once the fight started.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 12:11:25 PM by KSMH »

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 10, 2020, 12:07:02 PM »
Form what I can tell, the video dosnt show them pointing a gun.
You are really looking foolish with this nonsense. I guy gets out of a truck that has been chasing you with a shotgun.
You response is he didn't point it at me so that is OK?

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 10, 2020, 12:07:32 PM »
Where are you getting that you can get your guns, chase someone in your truck and try and stop them?

You keep saying you are allowed to stop someone against their will is not illegal. What is your source for this?
Again, what makes it illegal, in the USA everything is legal until made illegal.

Maybe you can say harassing or something similar made their action  illegal, but the mere fact of trying getting someone to stop is not illegal.

Guns are not necessarily illegal in the area where they live.

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2020, 12:10:39 PM »

You are really looking foolish with this nonsense. I guy gets out of a truck that has been chasing you with a shotgun.
You response is he didn't point it at me so that is OK?

At gunpoint?

From what I can tell, the video dosnt show them pointing a gun. It shows to the contrary, the guy walking, was holding it, definitely not in the "hold up" position all along, and the guy in the pickup had it down in what seems to be in some type of holster [from the fact that he had to pull it out of somewhere]  and raised it an pointed  once the fight started.

Offline Yehuda57

• View Profile
    • Squilled
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2020, 12:10:56 PM »
Form what I can tell, the video dosnt show them pointing a gun. It shows to the contrary, the guy walking, was holding it, definitely not in the "hold up" position all along, and the guy in the pickup had it down in what seems to be in some type of holster [from the fact that he had to pull it out of somewhere]  and raised it an pointed  once the fight started.

disingenuous
adjective

Offline CountValentine

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2020, 12:17:30 PM »
Maybe you can say harassing or something similar made their action  illegal, but the mere fact of trying getting someone to stop is not illegal.
You are trying to equate asking someone for money with chasing them down with guns. That is foolish.
After I posted the law about there has to be a felony for a citizens arrest you switch to this nonsense.

You still have not addressed your claim about multiple break ins or these idiots recklessly leaving a gun in an unlocked car. Can't you put two and two together?

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2020, 12:21:37 PM »
You are trying to equate asking someone for money with chasing them down with guns. That is foolish.
After I posted the law about there has to be a felony for a citizens arrest you switch to this nonsense.

You still have not addressed your claim about multiple break ins or these idiots recklessly leaving a gun in an unlocked car. Can't you put two and two together?
The car incident does raise the possibility of their being violent idiots independent of race.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline KSMH

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2020, 12:22:37 PM »

My point was, without taking it out of context, the mere action of what they did, trying to get someone to stop. even if they cannot legally perform a citizens arrest, was not illegal.

Regarding breakins, I said and continue to say, they claim they had reports of multiple breakins, is it true? I don't know and you neither, what I do know is they they claim to be going off that bases. I linked above, an article for reference.