Author Topic: Minyan Guidance In Your Community  (Read 24569 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Minyan Guidance In Your Community
« on: May 08, 2020, 12:43:26 PM »
Va’ad HaRabbonim of Greater Cleveland:

בס"ד
י"ד אייר פסח שני תש"פ
יום כ"ט לספירת העומר
5/8/20

COVID-19 Minyan Update

After careful deliberation, and in compliance with the guidelines set forth by the Ohio Department of Health, we grant permission to begin a pilot phase of limited “Yard Minyanim”. This permission is contingent on the community’s adherence to the strict guidelines listed below, and on the continued successful containment of the COVID-19 virus in our city.

We have enlisted the assistance of Chaveirim in designating “Block Captains”, who will determine the number of participants on their block, how many minyanim are needed on each block, and where each minyan will be held. They will create specific groups of no more than 10 -12 people, to attend only the minyan designated to them. Each minyan will have a volunteer responsible for enforcing the guidelines below.

The guidelines for the minyanim are as follows:
 Minyanim will begin on Lag B’Omer (5\12\20), not before
 Mincha\Maariv only (NO Shacharis at this time)
 Under no circumstances can a minyan take place indoors (nor should attendees use restrooms in the home)
 All attendees must keep a minimum distance of 6 feet from other attendees (greater distance is recommended where possible)
 All attendees must wear masks and bring their own siddur (and wear gloves when sharing surfaces such as door knobs etc.)
 No lingering or loitering before or after davening
 No children under Bar Mitzvah should attend
 No one may attend a minyan other than the one designated to him
 Anyone not feeling well may not attend (even with the slightest cough or fever)

We urge anyone with health concerns and those above 65 years of age to speak to their doctor before attending, and anyone with any other questions to reach out to their Rov. It is the choice of each member of our community to attend or to daven at home. Everyone has the right to exercise caution, and no one is obligated to attend these minyanim.

Please be mindful of neighbors, and do not draw unnecessary attention to the minyanim. All attendees should arrive on foot, and depart promptly after davening.

Under no circumstance should the above guidelines be compromised, as any non-adherence will jeopardize Tefillah B’Tzibbur for the entire community. Regardless, we will reassess whether or not to continue the minyanim in two weeks.

Please email minyanimvolunteers@gmail.com if you can assist Chaveirim in coordinating the setup of the minyanim.

We take this opportunity to instruct the men, women and children of our community, that although the Governor of Ohio is relaxing some of the state’s policies, it remains critical to refrain from non-essential movement or outings, and to follow social distancing recommendations at all times and in all places (e.g. wearing masks in public, six feet distance, etc.). This includes, but is not limited to, families congregating outdoors, essential outings to purchase food or household items, and employees in their workplaces.

We are grateful to the community for their compliance and restraint, both past and future. The world is in desperate need of our focused and contemplative prayer. Let us pray for the sick, and that Hashem protect us, and the courageous healthcare workers who risk danger to care for the stricken.

May the Tefillah B’Tzibbur add potency to our prayers, so that we soon see an end to this crisis,

May we merit Yeshuos and Refuos soon,
Va’ad HaRabbonim of Greater Cleveland
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
Re: Minyan Guidance In Your Community
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 12:52:42 PM »
Very nice and proper. I give my haskamah.  ;)

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 01:13:03 PM »
They will create specific groups of no more than 10 -12 people, to attend only the minyan designated to them.
 Anyone not feeling well may not attend (even with the slightest cough or fever)

I can see this causing an issue, if all it takes is 1 or 2 people getting a cough for a minyan to fall apart.

These types of micromanaged guidelines are definitely easier to accomplish OOT
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline Jellybelly

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 01:18:57 PM »
Just curious, who wrote this? Block captain? What’s wrong with gabbai? Do they get a big C on their jacket?
You just gotta love Cleveland 😂

Offline Lurker

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
  • Location: As always, silence is NOT an admission of agreement on DDF. It just means that people lack the stamina to keep on arguing with made up "facts", illogical arguments, deceiving statements, nasty and degrading comments, and fuzzy math. - @yelped
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2020, 01:20:54 PM »
Just curious, who wrote this? Block captain? What’s wrong with gabbai? Do they get a big C on their jacket?

You really want to come back to shul with 40 new gabboim?
Failing at maintaining Lurker status.

Offline Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2020, 01:21:33 PM »

Who's gonna win Shabbos competition?!

Offline Davidthebest

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2110
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2020, 01:22:27 PM »
Here in Brooklyn soo many shuls are open and minyunim taking place as everything is over. And same for mikvas.  Friends are literally laughing at me that I'm the only one not coming.

Should I just go back to shul and Finnish?
I haven't dovend with a minyan or went to the mikva since March 16

Offline S209

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2020, 01:23:14 PM »

Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2020, 01:24:46 PM »
Here in Brooklyn soo many shuls are open and minyunim taking place as everything is over. And same for mikvas.  Friends are literally laughing at me that I'm the only one not coming.

Should I just go back to shul and Finnish?
I haven't dovend with a minyan or went to the mikva since March 16
People laughed before, people died before, if your only reason for going back is because people are laughing, know that they’re the misguided ones.

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2020, 01:35:13 PM »
People laughed before, people died before, if your only reason for going back is because people are laughing, know that they’re the misguided ones.
No I'm saying i didn't do it and still don't do it. But I'm thinking to my self maybe I have no clue whats going on outside I do know that fatality rate in the community have dropped significantly.

So I'm not sure what i need to do now

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2020, 01:37:02 PM »
No I'm saying i didn't do it and still don't do it. But I'm thinking to my self maybe I have no clue whats going on outside I do know that fatality rate in the community have dropped significantly.

So I'm not sure what i need to do now

Is there anything which follows the guidance seen in other communities regarding outdoor minyanim?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 01:39:13 PM »
Is there anything which follows the guidance seen in other communities regarding outdoor minyanim?
I do hear that in shul they try to make 1 at a table like more spread out.

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 01:46:04 PM »
I do hear that in shul they try to make 1 at a table like more spread out.
Nothing outdoors?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 01:49:58 PM »
Nothing outdoors?
There is and there was since the beginning of the outbreak. But not sure if still taking place now.

And I wasn't really updated with them since I live more on a side street where there are no back yards etc.

Offline reed

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2020, 02:11:17 PM »
There is and there was since the beginning of the outbreak. But not sure if still taking place now.

And I wasn't really updated with them since I live more on a side street where there are no back yards etc.

Just curious - which shuls are open? More chasiddish shteeble types or even agudah types (Agudah Ave L, Rabbi Alster etc.)?

Offline Davidthebest

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2020, 02:17:19 PM »
Just curious - which shuls are open? More chasiddish shteeble types or even agudah types (Agudah Ave L, Rabbi Alster etc.)?
Chasidish for sure.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2020, 02:28:32 PM »
Chasidish for sure.
Tbh they never closed down and probably have a nice amount of blood on their hands, laughing or not. I am generalizing and perhaps exaggerating but you know what I’m saying.

Offline ari3

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2020, 02:38:03 PM »
Tbh they never closed down and probably have a nice amount of blood on their hands, laughing or not. I am generalizing and perhaps exaggerating but you know what I’m saying.
There is a whole another thread for flame throwing accusations and blame as it relates to davening.

Why don't we keep this thread to what the heading implies. A discussion about tefilla guidelines issued by different communities.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2020, 02:43:08 PM »
There are dozens of threads for flame throwing accusations and blame as it relates to davening.

Why don't we keep this thread to what the heading implies. A discussion about tefilla guidelines issued by different communities.
FTFY  ;)

This was actually on topic, he wanted to know what guidelines he should be following in Brooklyn. It was just a gentle reminder not to act purely based on the actions of certain minyanim who never changed anything.

Offline Eb228

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2020, 02:47:58 PM »

This prob belongs in the anti semitism during COVID thread