Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 643015 times)

Online aygart

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
Re: ISRAEL AIRPORT CLOSING ON MONDAY!
« Reply #1140 on: February 15, 2021, 07:22:36 PM »
If I said that, @Yehuda57 would be calling me names...
Why? He didn't say anything about it being a reason to hate Jews?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 15, 2021, 07:48:26 PM »
Why? He didn't say anything about it being a reason to hate Jews?
You didn't understand @Yehuda57 position. He states that saying a bad trait exists in the Jewish community is by definition antisemitic and racist, regardless if it's true or not, and independent of the context.

You believe differently than him that anti-Semitism is misinterpreting or assuming a bad trait exists because of a preconception, but agree with me that stating something that is true, if it's true, isn't by definition bigotous.   

Surprised you didn't notice that.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online Yehuda57

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #1142 on: February 15, 2021, 07:55:00 PM »
You didn't understand @Yehuda57 position. He states that saying a bad trait exists in the Jewish community is by definition antisemitic and racist, regardless if it's true or not, and independent of the context.

You believe differently than him that anti-Semitism is misinterpreting or assuming a bad trait exists because of a preconception, but agree with me that stating something that is true, if it's true, isn't by definition bigotous.   

Thank you for tagging me. I wasn't following this thread and would have missed the entertainment.

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 15, 2021, 08:36:33 PM »

Well, now that @Yehuda57 is here, he can clarify whether or not I misunderstood him.

Online Yehuda57

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
    • Squilled
  • Programs: Official Dansdeals salad correspondent
« Reply #1144 on: February 15, 2021, 08:49:55 PM »
Well, now that @Yehuda57 is here, he can clarify whether or not I misunderstood him.

The one who's asking honestly already knows the answer. For the one asking disingenuously, no answer will suffice.

Offline chinagel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 15, 2021, 08:57:13 PM »
The one who's asking honestly already knows the answer. For the one asking disingenuously, no answer will suffice.
What about the rest of us? Just gonna leave us hanging?

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 15, 2021, 09:24:49 PM »
What about the rest of us? Just gonna leave us hanging?
Look in the Lakewood Covid cases thread.

By the sound of it, you didn't actually read his full posts on the matter.

At least you're realizing how ridiculous your position was on the matter and are avoiding the question.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 15, 2021, 10:29:39 PM »

I said it about an Israeli trait. Not a Jewish trait. Yes, it’s a stereotype, and Jews might be hated for it, and it’s a slippery slope to hate on Israelis and say it isn’t anti-Semitic because it’s the Israelis you’re hating on not the Jews, but I stand by it. Do I hate any Israelis for it? No, not even when they cut me off. But I do hate the trait and will vehemently defend my identifying it as an Israeli trait that I hate. Call me a (self-hating) Israeli hater if you’d like, I won’t back down.

/rant :P
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 15, 2021, 10:32:07 PM »
I said it about an Israeli trait. Not a Jewish trait. Yes, it’s a stereotype, and Jews might be hated for it, and it’s a slippery slope to hate on Israelis and say it isn’t anti-Semitic because it’s the Israelis you’re hating on not the Jews, but I stand by it. Do I hate any Israelis for it? No, not even when they cut me off. But I do hate the trait and will vehemently defend my identifying it as an Israeli trait that I hate. Call me a (self-hating) Israeli hater if you’d like, I won’t back down.

/rant :P
Of course there is nothing at all anti-semitic about neutrally pointing out something that you reasonably assume is true.

I heard once that Israelis aren't really more likely to be in any random place you travel to, you're just more likely to hear them...

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1149 on: February 15, 2021, 10:47:41 PM »
People in Canada and Australia also know how to patiently wait on a line/queue...

There was outrage over poor conditions in Canadian facilities, although under the new model hotels will have an incentive to provide better service.
If I said that, @Yehuda57 would be calling me names...

I would argue that it's not (only) the Canadian facilities being paid and incentivised to provide better service, it is also the people who will be paying full price that will have more respect for the facilities where they stay.

I would hate having to quarantine for two weeks in a paid hotel. But if I knew that was the ONLY option without exception, I might find a way to plan around it. It's when there are inconsistencies, uneven handling, etc, that breed these kinds of problems.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 15, 2021, 10:49:10 PM »

By the sound of it, you didn't actually read his full posts on the matter.

You are making it as if I haven't read his opinion about this a couple of hundred times already in the past year alone ::)

It is much more likely that you are interpreting based on your biases.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 15, 2021, 10:52:21 PM »
I would hate having to quarantine for two weeks in a paid hotel. But if I knew that was the ONLY option without exception, I might find a way to plan around it. It's when there are inconsistencies, uneven handling, etc, that breed these kinds of problems.

It can’t happen in Israel without protektsia and kombinot :D
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1152 on: February 15, 2021, 10:56:49 PM »
It can’t happen in Israel without protektsia and kombinot :D
The two most important words in the Israeli dialect.
-- Dan

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: February 15, 2021, 11:22:31 PM »
You are making it as if I haven't read his opinion about this a couple of hundred times already in the past year alone ::)

It is much more likely that you are interpreting based on your biases.
I guess that explains why you didn't actually read the very explicit option we're arguing about.

It's when there are inconsistencies, uneven handling, etc, that breed these kinds of problems.

The flip side of it is that true emergencies get better treatment in Israel. No emergency in the world would've gotten somebody into Australia on a commercial flight with short notice for many months, and even today no emergency would make it affordable for an average citizen. Shortcuts are sometimes necessary.

It's difficult to strike a perfect balance. As incompetent as Israeli bureaucrats are, they generally aren't out to hurt people.

To keep the popcorn going, which country do you think is struggling with the most test results from the 'photoshop' lab?

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: February 15, 2021, 11:31:21 PM »

To keep the popcorn going, which country do you think is struggling with the most test results from the 'photoshop' lab?
you have stats on that or are you making assumptions?

Online PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: February 15, 2021, 11:33:52 PM »
you have stats on that or are you making assumptions?
I posed a question. Are you making an assumption that I claim to know the answer?

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: February 15, 2021, 11:36:14 PM »

The flip side of it is that true emergencies get better treatment in Israel. No emergency in the world would've gotten somebody into Australia on a commercial flight with short notice for many months, and even today no emergency would make it affordable for an average citizen. Shortcuts are sometimes necessary.
IDK. As I previously mentioned, I know someone who got out of and into Australia when they needed to.

It's difficult to strike a perfect balance. As incompetent as Israeli bureaucrats are, they generally aren't out to hurt people.

I definitely don't think they are out to hurt people. Just have no sense of service.

I have no clue. Nor do I think I would care. If I wouldn't have a specific reason to go to Israel, or know many people that need to go, I probably wouldn't care about that either.

Now let me pose a question: should a person who came to the US and ran out of his or her prescription medication be granted an exception to return to Israel? Can you imagine the hardship to get a US prescription and have it filled (no travel insurance would cover it).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 11:43:18 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Online aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 16, 2021, 09:07:24 AM »
I posed a question. Are you making an assumption that I claim to know the answer?
If you don't then it is a disingenuous leading question. Yes I made an assumption that you were asking the question in good faith, but it seems that I was very wrong about it and I should never assume you say things in good faith.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 16, 2021, 01:15:17 PM »
I was just informed that a family member who contracted COVID-19 while visiting the US was sent to 10 day quarantine despite presenting a Positive and Negative PCR test!

Is this the current SOP? Are there any exceptions?
-- Dan

Offline aisrael

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 16, 2021, 01:48:37 PM »
are there any updates in regards to leaving israel to ny starting the 20th? will delta and united be flying?