Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 660574 times)

Online flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel Reopening Ben Gurion, Still Closed To Most Foreigners
« Reply #2320 on: April 06, 2021, 12:15:03 PM »
It needs to be positive based on the threshold of the test administered. Some have it at above 50, some have it at above 150 IINM, and Sheba has it at 1.1. It all depends on which test they use.
I have a positive Macabi test of 68.9 from 3/18. Do I need a new test? It was not high enough for a machlim. But it does say anything over 1 is positive.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2321 on: April 06, 2021, 12:17:56 PM »
I have a positive Macabi test of 68.9 from 3/18. Do I need a new test? It was not high enough for a machlim. But it does say anything over 1 is positive.

IDK. My guess is that if it's not high enough for machlim, then it won't get you out of quarantine. The whole point of the antibody tests is to verify people who are supposedly immune due to prior infection or vaccination overseas, that is only proven by the antibody test.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #2322 on: April 06, 2021, 12:18:45 PM »
Things in Israel could change tomorrow
*Things that aged well thread*

Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2323 on: April 06, 2021, 12:27:05 PM »
Did I get all this right?
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/israel/israel-begins-reopening-entry-exceptions-vaccinated-recovered-relatives/

Regarding receiving quarantine exit SMS, I think it should be noted that an Israeli number is required in order to receive SMS.
-- Dan

Offline Divora M

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: April 06, 2021, 12:31:15 PM »
Just to be clear an Israeli can enter Israel with just providing their Israeli passport and negative PCR test? No permits needed or travel insurance? Also, can you get an antibody test taken at TLV?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2325 on: April 06, 2021, 12:38:59 PM »
Just to be clear an Israeli can enter Israel with just providing their Israeli passport and negative PCR test? No permits needed or travel insurance? Also, can you get an antibody test taken at TLV?

No antibody tests at the airport at this point. Shamir and Sheba are about the same traveling distance (though in a straight line, Shamir is probably closer - there's a hotel right there which is often used by air crews).
-- Dan

Offline met

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: April 06, 2021, 01:23:42 PM »
My information is more than a month old, when many rules were different or not yet implemented, so I don't know if my experience counts. IIRC it was about a day to receive the email with the official cancellation of quarantine, though an SMS saying it was canceled was received several hours earlier (I have a virtual Israeli mobile number that receives SMS).
Can multiple family members give one phone number for this? Also, how could one get a virtual number?

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2327 on: April 06, 2021, 01:24:41 PM »
Also, how could one get a virtual number?
+1
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: April 06, 2021, 01:45:16 PM »
Can multiple family members give one phone number for this? Also, how could one get a virtual number?

AFAIK multiple family members can give one phone number.

My virtual number is through Zadarma.com. If you buy a number from them it might not work well for incoming SMS. IME if you have an actual Israeli mobile number that has been used for SMS, porting that number to Zadarma will give good results as far as incoming SMS.

Other options are DIDWW, https://sms4free.co.il/Explanation/VirtualKasheerNumber and possibly more.
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2329 on: April 06, 2021, 02:01:06 PM »
Official government publication:

https://www.gov.il/he/departments/news/border_closing_coronavirus_14062020?fbclid=IwAR2rTqlqpH2MfEoPu8OiWg6PhfI7fI5i1fRDG0XDJmMA_zCV9nQF-g8FhWg

Vaccinated or immune first degree relatives of Israeli citizens who are in Israel, can get entry permits via local consulates & Immigration Authority offices in Israel.

Israeli citizens traveling to Israel to visit a family member, even if that family member is not Israeli, can bring other non-Israeli family members with them.
Will Israel accept positive antibodies in the US as proof of recovery?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: April 06, 2021, 02:04:11 PM »
Will Israel accept positive antibodies in the US as proof of recovery?

Their current policy is not to accept any foreign documtation except if supported by an Israeli antibody test.
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2331 on: April 06, 2021, 02:07:56 PM »
Their current policy is not to accept any foreign documtation
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline TBD

• View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: April 06, 2021, 02:20:15 PM »

IT could be foreign citizens who took vaccines in Israel or have a maclim from Israel. Thousand of foreigners who were in Israel from September till before current lockdowns have machlim, which they received to exit quarantine on their prior visits

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: April 06, 2021, 02:22:35 PM »
IT could be foreign citizens who took vaccines in Israel or have a maclim from Israel. Thousand of foreigners who were in Israel from September till before current lockdowns have machlim, which they received to exit quarantine on their prior visits
No, it's talking about in the US.
Hence the need to also take an antibody test.

Offline TBD

• View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: April 06, 2021, 02:36:25 PM »
@Dan Where is it written that you need to take a antibody test or stay in quarantine if you are vaccinated/recovered?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: April 06, 2021, 02:38:54 PM »
@Dan Where is it written that you need to take a antibody test or stay in quarantine if you are vaccinated/recovered?
"Foreign citizens entering Israel (even if they recovered from COVID or were
vaccinated) are bound by the quarantine and testing regulations in accordance with the
guidelines of the Ministry of Health, including conducting a serological test and a
self-funded electronic bracelet (for keeping track of quarantine)."

Offline TBD

• View Profile

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: April 06, 2021, 02:56:22 PM »

Let me translate that into plain English for you:

"We don't trust any foreign documentation, so submit whatever you want as "proof" of whatever happened abroad. You can claim that you had COVID and recovered, or that you were vaccinated, but we will only accept an antibody test taken in Israel in order to view you as immune in any way, shape, or form."

(BTW, this is what I was going crazy over for many months, but for whatever reason, they wouldn't institute such a policy, until they ran out of excuses for their ridiculous policies and instituted this one).
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: April 06, 2021, 03:00:44 PM »
Let me translate that into plain English for you:

"We don't trust any foreign documentation, so submit whatever you want as "proof" of whatever happened abroad. You can claim that you had COVID and recovered, or that you were vaccinated, but we will only accept an antibody test taken in Israel in order to view you as immune in any way, shape, or form."

(BTW, this is what I was going crazy over for many months, but for whatever reason, they wouldn't institute such a policy, until they ran out of excuses for their ridiculous policies and instituted this one).
AKA, trust but verify.