Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 643008 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Israel Reopening Ben Gurion, Still Closed To Most Foreigners
« Reply #2360 on: April 06, 2021, 07:09:42 PM »
Signup link?

Must be a member of Kupat Holim.

Harel (and possibly other insurance companies) are now selling visitor insurance (not sure if Israeli Citizenship required) that gives a Kupat Cholim membership for the time purchased. https://www.harel-group.co.il/Insurance/foreign/policies/Pages/tour-and-care.aspx  and English application here. you can apply directly or through an Israeli Insurance agent.

ETA: Also Ayalon (both Harel and Ayalon give Clalit membership) https://www.ayalon-ins.co.il/insurance/health/foreigns-emploies-and-turists/about/

Seems like Harel sells to age 75. Ayalon to age 65.

For longer stays Maccabi sells directly (any age) but prices it monthly. https://www.maccabi4u.co.il/3423-he/Maccabi.aspx?TabId=30607_7475

I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2361 on: April 06, 2021, 07:12:45 PM »
If anyone signs up for a month to get a green passport, please post a TR :)
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2362 on: April 06, 2021, 07:19:19 PM »
If anyone signs up for a month to get a green passport, please post a TR :)

I know someone who did in order to get 2 vaccine doses (said person lives in Australia).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 08:48:22 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2363 on: April 06, 2021, 07:24:36 PM »
I know someone who did on order to get 2 vaccine doses (said person lives in Australia).
And did he get a green passport?

In other words, if my wife wanted to go to Israel to see her brother, she would have to quarantine at his place, right? Or can she quarantine at an airbnb?

But theoretically she could signup for Harel, take an antibody test, get a green passport, and checkin at the Waldorf after getting the SMS? How long would the green passport take once she got the antibody results?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: April 06, 2021, 09:45:35 PM »
It needs to be positive based on the threshold of the test administered. Some have it at above 50, some have it at above 150 IINM, and Sheba has it at 1.1. It all depends on which test they use.
Is there one that is more sensitive or is it just a different kind of test?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: April 07, 2021, 12:22:49 AM »
And did he get a green passport?

In other words, if my wife wanted to go to Israel to see her brother, she would have to quarantine at his place, right? Or can she quarantine at an airbnb?

But theoretically she could signup for Harel, take an antibody test, get a green passport, and checkin at the Waldorf after getting the SMS? How long would the green passport take once she got the antibody results?

Said person being from Australia, hasn’t had Covid-19, had hoped to get vaccinated by MDA, but that was halted just before arriving in TLV so it became a non option. Had to complete 10 day quarantine (based on said person’s experience AirBnB or similar should be ok) and only then was able to get first vaccine dose. Wasn’t initially planning on staying in Israel that long, but decided to stay long enough in order to get 2nd dose. That hasn’t occurred yet so I can’t comment on the actual green passport. The big shame is that no matter what, a 2 week paid hotel quarantine will be required upon return to Australia.

It is also unclear to me if the cancellation of quarantine equals green passport. A green passport is issued to anyone that has a certificate of recovery (that can only be issued by a Kupat Cholim doctor as far as I understand) or certificate of vaccination. In the case I am describing above, two vaccine doses will be administered in Israel, so green passport is likely (though might need to wait mandatory timeframe post vaccination. IDK if  Harel insurance needs to be maintained until green passport is actually issued.)

My current plans have me traveling to Israel in a couple of weeks, I haven’t decided yet whether to attempt to get a Pfizer vaccine there (I wouldn’t stay for two doses. I would get a second one, if needed, on a future visit). Maybe Harel will allow me to get a certificate of recovery, and maybe it won’t be needed based on the antibody tests I had done before Purim.

I will bez”h report back once I decide what to do and have actual experience.

ETA: I just realized that Israeli guidelines are for recoverees to only get one dose of the vaccine. They also have a blanket 6/30/2021 expiration for certificate of recovery, regardless of when one recovered, so strategy might be to get Harel and then see whether I can get a longer dated recovery certificate, or single dose that will grant certificate. If I end up getting the vaccine there, I will have had one dose of Moderna and one dose of Pfizer.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 01:10:39 AM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: April 07, 2021, 07:54:08 AM »
When landing in tlv do you have to pay to take a covid test?

Offline mijo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA: 1K, HHonors: Dia, IHG Plat
« Reply #2367 on: April 07, 2021, 08:17:43 AM »
When landing in tlv do you have to pay to take a covid test?
No, you register on https://check2fly.co.il/ - enter personal information, make an appointment around the time of your flight arrival and print a QR code- all this saves waiting in line to register for a test
On the check out page you'll see "The discount code for arrivals to Israel is: free1"

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: April 07, 2021, 10:01:30 AM »
Only if they are citizens or permanent residents. First degree relatives of students won't be allowed in.
How does someone know if they are a "permanent resident" of Israel?

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: April 07, 2021, 10:07:34 AM »
How does someone know if they are a "permanent resident" of Israel?
someone who has a teudat zehut but not a passport is a "toshav keva". he does not have to renew his visa every so often etc.

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: April 07, 2021, 10:19:35 AM »
someone who has a teudat zehut but not a passport is a "toshav keva". he does not have to renew his visa every so often etc.
So, having an A/2, A/3 or A/4 visa is not enough?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 10:27:07 AM by ae123 »

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: April 07, 2021, 11:09:02 AM »
So, having an A/2, A/3 or A/4 visa is not enough?
It’s unclear at this point
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: April 07, 2021, 11:53:48 AM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/israel/israel-begins-reopening-entry-exceptions-vaccinated-recovered-relatives/#comment-1523851

It seems to me that the commenter was diagnosed with COVID-19 in Israel and recovered in Israel, which is why the Health Ministry has his or her information (date of confirmed recovery). The same would probably not be true for someone who was exempted from quarantine due to recovery overseas evidenced by Israeli antibody test.
-- Dan

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: April 07, 2021, 12:25:37 PM »
It seems to me that the commenter was diagnosed with COVID-19 in Israel and recovered in Israel, which is why the Health Ministry has his or her information (date of confirmed recovery). The same would probably not be true for someone who was exempted from quarantine due to recovery overseas evidenced by Israeli antibody test.

Sounds true for Chaim shea, but Jonboy (who Dan linked to) reported otherwise:

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/israel/israel-begins-reopening-entry-exceptions-vaccinated-recovered-relatives/#comment-1523850
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: April 07, 2021, 12:45:48 PM »
Sounds true for Chaim shea, but Jonboy (who Dan linked to) reported otherwise:

https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/israel/israel-begins-reopening-entry-exceptions-vaccinated-recovered-relatives/#comment-1523850

Interesting.

I just checked, and was able to download a green pass! Israeli citizen, non kupat cholim member. This is an update, as I was unable to get it shortly after I got my quarantine exemption. (I did enter my virtual Israeli mobile number and got a verification code as part of the process. I'm not sure what's the procedure for someone who doesn't have an Israeli mobile number that can receive SMS).

It expires 6/30/2021 which is the blanket expiration for all recoverees.

I guess I won't be getting Harel/vaccine in April. Will have to see how policy changes going forward.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 12:56:29 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: April 07, 2021, 12:56:45 PM »
It’s unclear at this point
Well, anyone who gets information on that, please post it.
You think Chaim V'Chessed would know or it's still too early?

Online Traveler718

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: April 07, 2021, 01:02:45 PM »
No, you register on https://check2fly.co.il/ - enter personal information, make an appointment around the time of your flight arrival and print a QR code- all this saves waiting in line to register for a test
On the check out page you'll see "The discount code for arrivals to Israel is: free1"

Tried making an appointment for my son and got the following: Suitable time slots for your flight for this testing area are full. Please try another testing area.

Any suggestions? Just have him wing it when he gets there?

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: April 07, 2021, 01:25:31 PM »
Tried making an appointment for my son and got the following: Suitable time slots for your flight for this testing area are full. Please try another testing area.

Can always wait on line when he gets there
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Ploni3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: April 07, 2021, 01:32:48 PM »

I tried to book for a flight in two weeks and received the same message.  It does not stand to reason that they are booked up that far in advance so it looks like there is some kink in the system.