Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 654020 times)

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #2680 on: April 19, 2021, 10:38:55 AM »
One other development is that you can go in person to משרד האוכלוסין in Yersualayim (only)(Queen Shlomziyon St 1, Jerusalem, 9414601, Israel) and they will give you an ishur in person for entry of eligible individuals. Apparently the process is very quick, people are in and out in 20 minutes. From 8 to 10 you can come without appointment, after 10, by appointment only
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: April 19, 2021, 10:53:05 AM »
One other development is that you can go in person to משרד האוכלוסין in Yersualayim (only)(Queen Shlomziyon St 1, Jerusalem, 9414601, Israel) and they will give you an ishur in person for entry of eligible individuals. Apparently the process is very quick, people are in and out in 20 minutes. From 8 to 10 you can come without appointment, after 10, by appointment only

So you can just send any friend or relative? For which kind of permit is this?

Offline Mendyy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: April 19, 2021, 10:57:43 AM »

Does this work for student permits as well?

Offline jaywhy

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: April 19, 2021, 11:20:07 AM »
Is this very recent?
I had someone try it last week and was told to go to the embassy.

Offline Shmulie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2684 on: April 19, 2021, 11:23:01 AM »

What is the phone number to make an appointment?

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: April 19, 2021, 11:26:12 AM »
what consists of a group?

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: April 19, 2021, 11:40:20 AM »
So you can just send any friend or relative? For which kind of permit is this?
Yes, with required docs
This is for permit for relatives
Does this work for student permits as well?
No
Is this very recent?
I had someone try it last week and was told to go to the embassy.
I know someone who went yesterday. Did you go to the office in yerushalayim
what consists of a group?
Did you mean to quote me?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:57:34 AM by Ergel »

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: April 19, 2021, 11:47:35 AM »
This is for visa for relatives

Did you mean Ishur/Permit?

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: April 19, 2021, 11:57:19 AM »

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2689 on: April 19, 2021, 12:00:19 PM »
Breaking news: we have tenants who came from America in our basement. Arrived late last night. Went to Rambam this morning for antibody test, just got a text (12:40 Friday afternoon) that they are patur from bidud
Any other reports of this?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Yaakov93

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: April 19, 2021, 12:30:06 PM »
We are flying to Isreal IY"H the end of May for my brother in law's wedding. Major hurtle now is getting all our documents apostilled. My brother in law's birth certificate is in Israel, and it's not even the "long form" version with the Letter of Exemplification (NYC requirement). Has anyone had success getting apostilled copies accepted by the consul? We are trying apostille.net, but I've heard that YMMV.

Please let us know if they accept that

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: April 19, 2021, 01:08:25 PM »
Any reports if they are being more lenient with Apostille requirement? Are they accepting photocopies of documents from abroad? Do they allow to apply more than two weeks before the flight?

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: April 19, 2021, 01:10:32 PM »
Any idea if I can apply for my wife (who has first-degree relatives in Israel) to fly with me (spouse) and then in the end only I will fly? Would they send me back or deny boarding, or once I have a permit in my name I am good to go?

Offline Yaakov93

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: April 19, 2021, 01:13:15 PM »
Anyone know if Amex insurance is good for il travel? (says good for up to $50k per person, makes no mention of covid exclusion)

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2694 on: April 19, 2021, 01:19:15 PM »
YMMV (the first M is for Morals)

ועם עקש תתפתל
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: April 19, 2021, 01:29:27 PM »
Sounds like you are not happy that they only achieved a cancellation of the student permits...

Let's see if you can think of a difference between the two....

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2696 on: April 19, 2021, 01:35:09 PM »
Any idea if I can apply for my wife (who has first-degree relatives in Israel) to fly with me (spouse) and then in the end only I will fly? Would they send me back or deny boarding, or once I have a permit in my name I am good to go?
Let us know if you try...
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: April 19, 2021, 01:37:33 PM »
We are flying to Isreal IY"H the end of May for my brother in law's wedding. Major hurtle now is getting all our documents apostilled. My brother in law's birth certificate is in Israel, and it's not even the "long form" version with the Letter of Exemplification (NYC requirement). Has anyone had success getting apostilled copies accepted by the consul? We are trying apostille.net, but I've heard that YMMV.
Please let us know if they accept that
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/israel/israel-begins-reopening-entry-exceptions-vaccinated-recovered-relatives/#comment-1525765

Offline shemaya770

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: April 19, 2021, 01:39:20 PM »
What documents would my brother need to have with him for us to get permission to enter? He lives in Jerusalem.

Offline REB YID

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: April 19, 2021, 01:44:48 PM »

can the relative go with copies of the birth certificate or need originals? do they require an apostille? info in this would be greatly appreciated.

in addition when applying do i need to apply separately for a 15 month baby?