Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 653684 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #3340 on: May 31, 2021, 05:59:40 PM »
The Covid test requirement should follow. (Can someone explain to me why you need a Covid test to leave the country?!?)`

Let me remind you of a theme I've harped on before but didn't mention recently: COVID-19 is the politician's and bureaucrat's opium. It gives them cover to make rules, regulations and limitations on the populace with little or no push-back.

The COVID test on exit is just a symptom of the above (though ostensibly they might make it an airline or destination requirement - isn't that the case now, that it's a requirement based on the destination?).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3341 on: May 31, 2021, 06:19:23 PM »
The Covid test requirement should follow. (Can someone explain to me why you need a Covid test to leave the country?!?)`
Who needs a test upon exit?
Isn't that waived for people who are vaccinated or recovered?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: May 31, 2021, 06:28:22 PM »
Who needs a test upon exit?
Isn't that waived for people who are vaccinated or recovered?
Yes, it's waived for vaccinated/recovered. Doesn't help for my kids and with the new rule that a free test is no longer accepted - I will need to pay for a bunch of tests when we leave
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #3343 on: May 31, 2021, 06:42:36 PM »
Yup, that's absurd.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online TBD

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: May 31, 2021, 07:44:23 PM »
Yes, it's waived for vaccinated/recovered. Doesn't help for my kids and with the new rule that a free test is no longer accepted - I will need to pay for a bunch of tests when we leave
You don't NEED to pay, it's your decision
Follow @ExGingi advice

Offline oldguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3345 on: May 31, 2021, 07:57:14 PM »
Waived for vaccinated/recovered is only for Israeli? or if i got out of bidud because of a positive antibody test I also don't need?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #3346 on: May 31, 2021, 10:37:12 PM »
Let me remind you of a theme I've harped on before but didn't mention recently: COVID-19 is the politician's and bureaucrat's opium. It gives them cover to make rules, regulations and limitations on the populace with little or no push-back.

The COVID test on exit is just a symptom of the above (though ostensibly they might make it an airline or destination requirement - isn't that the case now, that it's a requirement based on the destination?).

https://www.globes.co.il/news/article.aspx?did=1001372785
-- Dan

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: June 01, 2021, 12:06:36 AM »

Follow @ExGingi advice
What advice?

Isn't that the case now, that it's a requirement based on the destination?
I believe not

The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline yesitsme

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: June 01, 2021, 12:11:43 AM »
What advice?

This
In case you didn't realize, it is Friday, which is traditionally a day for blabla on DDF. And that post drips of sarcasm...
["-"]

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #3349 on: June 01, 2021, 01:33:38 AM »
It's definitely annoying but still makes sense to me that people who are not vaccinated need to get tested before sitting in a plane for 12 hours next to other people.

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: June 01, 2021, 01:34:35 AM »
It's definitely annoying but still makes sense to me that people who are not vaccinated need to get tested before sitting in a plane for 12 hours next to other people.
Usually it's a requirement from the airline or the destination country, not the origin country.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: June 01, 2021, 01:35:52 AM »
Usually it's a requirement from the airline or the destination country, not the origin country.
I understand

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: June 01, 2021, 06:49:58 AM »
I just got back to NY this morning. Not sure why I was told that the pcr test needed to be in English because I only had to show it in Ben Gurion, not in jfk

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: June 01, 2021, 06:59:21 AM »
I just got back to NY this morning. Not sure why I was told that the pcr test needed to be in English because I only had to show it in Ben Gurion, not in jfk

It all depends on destination country. The US delegates the document verification to the airlines. Other places might require it upon entry. When delegated to the airlines I guess it depends on the instructions given by the delegating authority.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: June 01, 2021, 07:53:38 AM »
Rant from Hul Mehudar:

הכי מחוסנים בעולם, הכי הרבה בדיקות ופרוצדורות בעולם
מאת: דודי רובינשטיין.

מדינת ישראל היא המדינה הכי מחוסנת בעולם, נקודה. ברוך השם.

אזרחי מדינת ישראל הינם "סחורה" חמה ומבוקשת בעולם, עובדה.
אך, אזרח שרוצה להנות מהיתרון הישראלי ולטוס, נתקל לצערנו בהכי הרבה מגבלות!
הן כספיות והן מנהלתיות, וחבל!
(ברשומה זו לא נתייחס למגבלות שהמדינה מטילה על משפחות עם ילדים שרוצים לטוס ביחד. כאב לב בפני עצמו. נזכיר שוב שאנחנו המדינה המחוסנת ביותר בעולם).

להלן התהליך המעודכן, קראו בעיון:

א.
ביצוע בדיקת קורונה לפני היציאה בהתאם לדרישת מדינת היעד.
*מנהלתי* - התעסקות ב 72 שעות לפני הטיסה עם תיאום בדיקת קורונה.
*כספי* - מ 45 ש''ח בנתבג לבדיקה ארוכה ועד כ 300 ש''ח במרפאה/בית חולים מורשה הסמוך לבית.
(ו..יש גזירה חדשה - לא קופת חולים חלילה..)

ב.
ביצוע בדיקה בחו"ל 72 שעות לפני החזרה לארץ.
*מנהלתי* - חיפוש בחו"ל מרפאה שעושה טסט pcr. תיאומים, הגעה, לקוות שהתוצאה תגיע בזמן למייל.
*כספי* - בין עשרות למעל מאה דולר לבדיקה לאדם בחו"ל , תלוי ביעד.

ג.
ביצוע בדיקה נוספת בנתב"ג בכניסה לארץ.
*מנהלתי* - די מתקתק, ללא פרוצדורה מתישה מעבר לעוד 10-15 ד' נוספים בטרמינל.
*כספי* - 80 ש''ח לבדיקה מוזמנת מראש. 100 ש''ח ללא הזמנה מראש.

ובכן שימו לב.
הרבה מדינות באירופה ובעולם מכירות בתעודת המתחסן שלנו ואילו כאן בישראל לא מכירים בתעודה הזו ושולחים אותנו לבדיקת קורונה בחו"ל! מלבד הבדיקה הנוספת בנתב"ג בהגעה.
אבסורד שזועק לשמים

בחו"ל מהודר מצטרפים לקריאתו של מר אורי סירקיס מנכ"ל ישראייר וקוראים לרשויות להקל על הנוסעים לחו״ל. לשמחות משפחתיות , לעסקים, לחופשות, וכד'.
לנצל את היתרון היחסי של ישראל בחיסונים ולאפשר שמים פתוחים ללא בירוקרטיה מיותרת, מתח, עוגמת נפש, חלילה.

פתח שערי שמים 🛫
-- Dan

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: June 01, 2021, 07:54:56 AM »
Rant from Hul Mehudar:
Dudi doesn't like when we mess up with his travel  ;)

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: June 01, 2021, 09:51:03 AM »
On flight to TLV (United), they announced 3 times a reminder that masks need to fully cover mouth and nose, and if you see someone else not properly masked, please call flight attendants immediately. But they didn't enforce that. Plenty of people were breathing through their nose.
On the return, the crew was London-based and they announced at least 5 times that the law requires masks to cover CHIN, nose and mouth at all times, even during eating and drinking! They said that you must put it back on between bites and sips! Was that a made up rule, or perhaps a British law?
On the return they were strictly enforcing masks, and even woke up the person next to me because his nose wasn't fully covered!

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: June 01, 2021, 11:53:23 AM »
On flight to TLV (United), they announced 3 times a reminder that masks need to fully cover mouth and nose, and if you see someone else not properly masked, please call flight attendants immediately. But they didn't enforce that. Plenty of people were breathing through their nose.
On the return, the crew was London-based and they announced at least 5 times that the law requires masks to cover CHIN, nose and mouth at all times, even during eating and drinking! They said that you must put it back on between bites and sips! Was that a made up rule, or perhaps a British law?
On the return they were strictly enforcing masks, and even woke up the person next to me because his nose wasn't fully covered!
Fly El Al.  Most relaxed policy ever.  They said at the beginning of the flight that you need to wear it.  They never mentioned it again.  Many people had theirs completely off, especially for the hours that the lights are off.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: June 01, 2021, 11:59:27 AM »

IINM that's a Biden administration rule. I've heard it announced on various flights (domestic and international). When flying lie-flat they don't bother you that much as you might not be that visible to them.
-- Dan

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: June 01, 2021, 12:01:11 PM »
Fly El Al.  Most relaxed policy ever.  They said at the beginning of the flight that you need to wear it.  They never mentioned it again.  Many people had theirs completely off, especially for the hours that the lights are off.
When was that?
On my last flights a few weeks ago they were very strict