Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 653873 times)

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #3660 on: June 29, 2021, 05:26:53 PM »

if they would just do their job
Don't be ridiculous. This is Israel. The coffee won't drink itself.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #3661 on: June 30, 2021, 08:45:49 AM »
Prices are nuts. Last summer i stayed up north at a hotel for ILS 2k per night, which was already nuts for what you get.
Same hotel, same room, this summer, ILS 3.3k

https://www.timesofisrael.com/tourism-ministry-cancels-domestic-tourism-ad-campaign-over-high-hotel-prices/

Offline yitzyul

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: June 30, 2021, 09:23:26 AM »
1) Regarding isolation, If I take antibody test upon arriving, and upload it, do they actually approve things quick enough that I can get clearance to not isolate? I only plan on staying in Israel for 2-3 days and don't want to get a 5 year ban if I leave

2) Is there a reason Israel cant certify and work with some local testing company (I.e in major Israel travel cities such as NY/Miami/SFO) that they can approve, so that you can take the tests here and the testing site electronically sends it to Israel, so that they know there isnt any fraud, or is that asking too much? I think it would bring allot more tourist to Israel (unless they dont want that)...

Offline dyvade

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: June 30, 2021, 09:41:33 AM »
We will be arriving in Ben Gurion with young kids on July 6.  We (parents) are vaccinated, but the kids are not.  I understand the kids have to take the PCR COVID test at the airport, but do we vaccinated parents need to take the PCR test as well?  Or do we take the serological test?  Or do we need to do both?  Also, I purchased the PCR test ahead of time, as recommended, but is there a way to sign up for the serological test at the airport ahead of time as well?

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #3664 on: June 30, 2021, 09:42:03 AM »
Does anyone know if VIP greeting service at Ben Gurion makes getting COVID tests faster as well?  My understanding is that they help you get through passport control faster and help you get your bags... do COVID tests happen after that, or before that, and can they help?  The videos of the lines that have been posted here are really scary... we will be ariving at 4:30 AM with three small kids... if we have to wait 2 hours in that kind of line, it's going to be really hard... is it that busy even so early in the morning?  Thanks for any info!!

I read a news item today stating that this is indeed the case. They were saying that for ILS 1,600 one can get VIP service which allows them to go through the arrivals process at a different terminal (Fattal Lounge) and have tests done there with no lines.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online B.D.Da'ehu

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 126
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: June 30, 2021, 09:46:06 AM »
We will be arriving in Ben Gurion with young kids on July 6.  We (parents) are vaccinated, but the kids are not.  I understand the kids have to take the PCR COVID test at the airport, but do we vaccinated parents need to take the PCR test as well?  Or do we take the serological test?  Or do we need to do both?  Also, I purchased the PCR test ahead of time, as recommended, but is there a way to sign up for the serological test at the airport ahead of time as well?
Everyone must take PCR test. You need serological as well to get out of bidud.

Offline Yef

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: June 30, 2021, 11:34:56 AM »
I read a news item today stating that this is indeed the case. They were saying that for ILS 1,600 one can get VIP service which allows them to go through the arrivals process at a different terminal (Fattal Lounge) and have tests done there with no lines.
Serologic test included?

Offline tavster

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #3667 on: June 30, 2021, 11:37:54 AM »
Anecdotally, I landed at Fattal several weeks ago.
Contrary to what I expected, the terminal was packed. Tons of private planes landing and departing - bli ayin Ara  :) - and only one person doing PCR tests so it actually took a while until I was done.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #3668 on: June 30, 2021, 11:48:46 AM »
Serologic test included?

Unlikely.
-- Dan

Offline Kobe Bryant

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: June 30, 2021, 02:26:47 PM »
Interior Minister Ayelet Shaked says that flights in and out of Israel could be halted once again if the rate of new COVID cases continues to rise.

“The situation at Ben Gurion Airport is the central concern,” Shaked tells reporters at Israel’s main airport after touring the terminal. “The simple solution is to close the airport. But the situation today is different than it was, and we’re trying to keep the airport open. But if the morbidity rises, then the flights will stop.”

Offline yitzyul

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: June 30, 2021, 03:14:32 PM »
1) Regarding isolation, If I take antibody test upon arriving, and upload it, do they actually approve things quick enough that I can get clearance to not isolate? I only plan on staying in Israel for 2-3 days and don't want to get a 5 year ban if I leave

Bump!

Offline meir123

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: June 30, 2021, 03:16:22 PM »
You can get results in as little as 4 hours

Offline Ploni3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: June 30, 2021, 03:28:44 PM »
There are sometimes bumps. Ensure that you give Israeli phone numbers. Even with doing everything quickly and correctly, it can take up to 3 days from arrival to get out. But usually it is within 24 hrs.

Offline shmooz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: June 30, 2021, 03:38:55 PM »
There are sometimes bumps. Ensure that you give Israeli phone numbers. Even with doing everything quickly and correctly, it can take up to 3 days from arrival to get out. But usually it is within 24 hrs.

Is one israeli phone number for a family sufficient?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: June 30, 2021, 03:51:30 PM »

Experiencing such a bump with DW. Still waiting for the official release from quarantine. It better come on time for flight back to the US.
-- Dan

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #3675 on: June 30, 2021, 06:16:43 PM »
Interior Minister Ayelet Shaked says that flights in and out of Israel could be halted once again if the rate of new COVID cases continues to rise.

“The situation at Ben Gurion Airport is the central concern,” Shaked tells reporters at Israel’s main airport after touring the terminal. “The simple solution is to close the airport. But the situation today is different than it was, and we’re trying to keep the airport open. But if the morbidity rises, then the flights will stop.”
This is nuts. It seems that the rules change every week...

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: June 30, 2021, 07:50:20 PM »
I have done it and can confirm.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: June 30, 2021, 07:51:26 PM »
Anecdotally, I landed at Fattal several weeks ago.
Contrary to what I expected, the terminal was packed. Tons of private planes landing and departing - bli ayin Ara  :) - and only one person doing PCR tests so it actually took a while until I was done.
That’s the exception. In the times me and my friends have used it it was empty.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline ae123

• View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: July 01, 2021, 08:43:43 AM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/israel/israel-will-remain-closed-foreign-nationals-least-july-26th/

Anyone have any knowledge if they'll open up July 26th or will it probably get pushed further?
Thanks.

Offline Happyguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: July 01, 2021, 08:58:12 AM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/points-travel/israel/israel-will-remain-closed-foreign-nationals-least-july-26th/

Anyone have any knowledge if they'll open up July 26th or will it probably get pushed further?
Thanks.
Well judging from what we have seen until now and after Shaked threatened to shut down TLV, I would say it's extremely unlikely for it not to be pushed off.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/309058