Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 642904 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Israel (Not) Reopening To Foreigners
« Reply #420 on: September 25, 2020, 01:23:59 PM »
Link?
Official gov't archive:

https://rfa.justice.gov.il/SearchPredefinedApi/Documents/xKWjPGeVw1skVzKd6s1gC51UxqS/HIYNroF453Kq5xo=

יציאת אדם לטיסה משדה תעופה עד 8 שעות לפני מועד
המראת הטיסה ובלבד שהתקיים אחד מאלה:
(1) הטיסה היא למטרה שפורטה בתקנה זו;
(2) הנוסע רכש כרטיס טיסה עד יום ז' בתשרי התשפ"א (25 בספטמבר 2020) ויש לו אישור בכתב על רכישת כרטיס הטיסה במועד כאמור;
(ב) על אף האמור בפסקת משנה (א)(2), המנהל הכללי של משרד התחבורה רשאי לאשר לאדם לצאת ממקום המגורים לטיסה גם אם כרטיס הטיסה נרכש אחרי המועד כאמור באותה פסקה, אם נמצא לדעתו כי צורך הומניטרי או צורך אישי מיוחד מצדיק זאת; החלטה
לעניין אישור כאמור תהיה בכתב ומנומקת;
(ג) אין בהוראות פסקה זו כדי למנוע מאדם לצאת לטיסה שלא משדה תעופה למטרה שפורטה בתקנה זו;";

There is a possibility the Supreme Court will rule the government order isn't legal (it also prohibits leaving ones city of residence for a protest), however the kenneset will ratify it shortly thereafter.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #421 on: October 12, 2020, 11:51:24 AM »
Apparently deliberations are underway right now to finally consider antibody tests as proof of prior infection.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 12, 2020, 11:59:58 AM »
Apparently deliberations are underway right now to finally consider antibody tests as proof of prior infection.
I heard from a friend that didn't need to quarantine, with just the antibody test.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #423 on: October 12, 2020, 12:29:36 PM »
I heard from a friend that didn't need to quarantine, with just the antibody test.

There have been such exceptions made (does he reside in EY and a member of Kupat Cholim? That makes a huge difference)? But due to publicity and some attempts using forged documentation, they have cracked down and weren't making any more exceptions. The need for exceptions might change very shortly.
-- Dan

Offline ah giten

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 12, 2020, 12:31:59 PM »
There have been such exceptions made (does he reside in EY and a member of Kupat Cholim? That makes a huge difference)? But due to publicity and some attempts using forged documentation, they have cracked down and weren't making any more exceptions. The need for exceptions might change very shortly.
yes

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 12, 2020, 02:05:15 PM »
yes

That makes a world of a difference.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 13, 2020, 10:57:10 PM »
Finally antibody tests officially recognized.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 12:05:35 AM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #427 on: October 14, 2020, 12:34:38 AM »
Does that apply to non-resident as well?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 14, 2020, 12:36:55 AM »
Does that apply to non-resident as well?

Based on the way I read #5 it applies to anyone who is allowed to enter the country and would otherwise be required to quarantine.
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #429 on: October 14, 2020, 12:51:08 AM »
English version?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 14, 2020, 12:52:13 AM »
English version?

Anyone paying me to translate?

ETA: for the purpose of this thread I think only #5 is relevant. I might find time tomorrow at the office to do it.
-- Dan

Offline iwlw2

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 14, 2020, 10:58:03 AM »
English version?
Cant do the whole thing, but since his main point is #5, here it is (loose translation):
Confirmation of recovery based on tests from Chu"l- Someone who arrives in Israel from outside it, and would be required to quarantine based on the regulations, who has in their possession a report of illness from a foreign country (a report of a positive test via pCR, or of antibodies or seological report of COVID19) which demonstrates illness 10 days or earlier prior to their arrival, will be tested at arrival with a srological test to confirm the test. To be clear, in every circumstance according to the regulations this person will be requires to be in quarantine until the are confirmed to have recovered as stated above. If the report this perons has from Chu"l confirms an illness within the previous 10 days, the person will be quarantined and be freed from it only after being confirmed as recovered as a definite infected person, without removing his requirement not to get on a flight while he is confirmed sick so long as he was not confirmed to have recovered.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 14, 2020, 11:22:21 AM »
I'm not sure of the implications, but DW just called me that upon entry she handed her passport, boarding pass, and health declaration/authorization to board at passport control, and was let in without any further questioning or instructions. She specifically asked the border control agent "what about quarantine?" and was told "you came from a green state, no need". At some point (I think it was after DW asked about quarantine) the agent asked her when she had COVID-19, and when DW responded "right after Purim" the agent said, "oh, that's a long time ago, you're good to go".
-- Dan

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #433 on: October 14, 2020, 12:00:22 PM »
I'm not sure of the implications, but DW just called me that upon entry she handed her passport, boarding pass, and health declaration/authorization to board at passport control, and was let in without any further questioning or instructions. She specifically asked the border control agent "what about quarantine?" and was told "you came from a green state, no need". At some point (I think it was after DW asked about quarantine) the agent asked her when she had COVID-19, and when DW responded "right after Purim" the agent said, "oh, that's a long time ago, you're good to go".
I came from a green country yesterday, and was asked lots of questions about me having be to red country.. they also checked all the pages of my passport for stamps etc

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #434 on: October 14, 2020, 12:06:32 PM »
Cant do the whole thing, but since his main point is #5, here it is (loose translation):
Confirmation of recovery based on tests from Chu"l- Someone who arrives in Israel from outside it, and would be required to quarantine based on the regulations, who has in their possession a report of illness from a foreign country (a report of a positive test via pCR, or of antibodies or seological report of COVID19) which demonstrates illness 10 days or earlier prior to their arrival, will be tested at arrival with a srological test to confirm the test. To be clear, in every circumstance according to the regulations this person will be requires to be in quarantine until the are confirmed to have recovered as stated above. If the report this perons has from Chu"l confirms an illness within the previous 10 days, the person will be quarantined and be freed from it only after being confirmed as recovered as a definite infected person, without removing his requirement not to get on a flight while he is confirmed sick so long as he was not confirmed to have recovered.
So Israel will do antibody tests to confirm? Where will that be done?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Moishebatchy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 23
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Arzei Makolet Platinum, Yossi's Makolet Silver, Yesh! Gold, Rav Kav Dirt
« Reply #435 on: October 14, 2020, 12:21:06 PM »

Where was she coming from?

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 14, 2020, 05:02:23 PM »
Does that mean they will offer antibody tests in Israel? They haven't been offering them at all up until now
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 14, 2020, 05:35:22 PM »
So Israel will do antibody tests to confirm? Where will that be done?

We were told in advance that it would be done at the airport (for a charge). However, as I said, DW walked up to the immigration agent, handed her passport was asked where she was coming from, to which she responded Brooklyn, NY, was asked which flight she's coming off, to which she gave the DL flight information, was asked for the boarding authorization, and was let in. When DW asked about quarantine, she was told she didn't need to. I really don't know what happened, was this some kind of an error, was it based on info previously provided, but she was definitely not sent to quarantine!
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 14, 2020, 05:37:03 PM »
Does that mean they will offer antibody tests in Israel? They haven't been offering them at all up until now

They are offering them under limited circumstances (10 days after confirmed recovery from COVID-19 IINM, or in order to verify antibodies for someone coming from overseas with no other proof of previously having COVID-19 other than a foreign antibody test).
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 14, 2020, 05:38:11 PM »
They are offering them under limited circumstances (10 days after confirmed recovery from COVID-19 IINM, or in order to verify antibodies for someone coming from overseas with no other proof of previously having COVID-19 other than a foreign antibody test).
Will ask my doctor if they are offering to the hamon am
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.