Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 657940 times)

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #4640 on: September 06, 2021, 11:56:05 AM »
No option for the serological test, only PCR

So how does one schedule a serological test through them? Any ideas?

Offline EBMichal

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
Sent back from TLV airport. Airline accountability?
« Reply #4641 on: September 06, 2021, 03:20:12 PM »
I recently flew to Israel and got turned back at the airport.  I filled out an application for an ishur (brother lives in Israel, had all the proper documentation), but the ishur was never reviewed by the consulate.  I heard stories from people who got their ishurim in the airport, so decided to risk it.  I got turned back in Tel Aviv and flown back to JFK.  I know I took a risk, but my question is this.  I flew Delta, and they reviewed all my paperwork in JFK and told me I was allowed to fly.  Is there any accountability through Delta?  Shouldn't they not have let me board the plane in the first place?  Part of why I took the risk is because Delta approved me at check-in, and I thought that was a good sign.  Any thoughts?

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Sent back from TLV airport. Airline accountability?
« Reply #4642 on: September 08, 2021, 09:30:54 PM »
I recently flew to Israel and got turned back at the airport.  I filled out an application for an ishur (brother lives in Israel, had all the proper documentation), but the ishur was never reviewed by the consulate.  I heard stories from people who got their ishurim in the airport, so decided to risk it.  I got turned back in Tel Aviv and flown back to JFK.  I know I took a risk, but my question is this.  I flew Delta, and they reviewed all my paperwork in JFK and told me I was allowed to fly.  Is there any accountability through Delta?  Shouldn't they not have let me board the plane in the first place?  Part of why I took the risk is because Delta approved me at check-in, and I thought that was a good sign.  Any thoughts?

Had you flown on a one-way ticket, Delta would have to absorb the cost of flying you back. That is their responsibility towards any country into which they fly a person that should not have been allowed to board as they are not expected to be allowed in. I don't think they have any responsibility towards you, the passenger, who acted in a silly manner, gambling that something out of the ordinary will happen and you would be allowed entry, even though the rules at time of check-in clearly stated that you will be denied entry.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4643 on: September 08, 2021, 09:39:17 PM »
Had you flown on a one-way ticket, Delta would have to absorb the cost of flying you back. That is their responsibility towards any country into which they fly a person that should not have been allowed to board as they are not expected to be allowed in. I don't think they have any responsibility towards you, the passenger, who acted in a silly manner, gambling that something out of the ordinary will happen and you would be allowed entry, even though the rules at time of check-in clearly stated that you will be denied entry.
👆 גם אני מצטרף להנ״ל
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: September 09, 2021, 02:51:15 AM »
👆 גם אני מצטרף להנ״ל
i dont think he is asking for a yeshivishe סברא, i think he is asking legally (whether right or wrong) are they responsible

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: September 09, 2021, 12:13:47 PM »
The airline obligation to carry you back is to the host country. They have no obligation to the passenger and can attempt to bill them for the trip.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Aerial Dag

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: September 09, 2021, 12:35:43 PM »
(AP) Israel says it will soon reopen its gates to foreign tour groups — even as it battles one of the world’s highest rates of coronavirus infections.

The country’s Tourism Ministry on Sunday said it will begin allowing organized tour groups into the country beginning Sept. 19.

Tourists will have to be vaccinated against the coronavirus, present a negative PCR test before their flight and undergo both PCR and serological testing upon arrival. Visitors would have to quarantine in their hotels until the test results come back — a process expected to take no more than 24 hours.
So is this real? I see no mention of having to have an immediate family member in Israel. I just need to join a tour group and I'll be good?
I have tickets for beginning of October but very confused about this new policy...

Offline Happyguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: September 09, 2021, 01:23:33 PM »
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/551921

Authorities at Ben-Gurion airport have so far discovered 13 Israelis attempting to enter the country with forged COVID-19 tests.

Anyone got any more details on how they were caught?

Offline bamo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: September 09, 2021, 01:23:48 PM »
So is this real? I see no mention of having to have an immediate family member in Israel. I just need to join a tour group and I'll be good?
I have tickets for beginning of October but very confused about this new policy...

How do I join a group... Serous question?

Offline Happyguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: September 09, 2021, 01:41:31 PM »

Authorities at Ben-Gurion airport have so far discovered 13 Israelis attempting to enter the country with forged COVID-19 tests.

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/313229

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #4650 on: September 09, 2021, 01:47:52 PM »

probably they tested positive by mada in ukraine, which was automatically reported to MOH, so when they got on the plane they were immediately flagged.
had they not tested at all or even tested positive at a ukrainian lab, i doubt that could have happened

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #4651 on: September 09, 2021, 03:11:18 PM »
probably they tested positive by mada in ukraine, which was automatically reported to MOH, so when they got on the plane they were immediately flagged.
had they not tested at all or even tested positive at a ukrainian lab, i doubt that could have happened

Were they tested upon landing?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: September 09, 2021, 03:17:19 PM »
Were they tested upon landing?
Probably.
The thing is that this was reported before they arrived in Israel.

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: September 09, 2021, 03:34:08 PM »
Can an Israeli citizen residing abroad visit together non-Israeli spouse?
Can the non-Israeli spouse visit without the Israeli spouse? - I assume not, but it would be great if I was wrong.

How long do they have to quarantine?
both vaccinated abroad which is regarded as gurnisht at TLV...?

Can the Israeli spouse leave the country before the quarantine is completed and before the non-Israeli spouse?

Can you quarantine in an AirBNB?
Can you sneak out of quarantine?
Can you rent a car while in quarantine?

Does getting the seriological test help leave quarantine?
Any other ways of shortening the quarantine?

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: September 09, 2021, 04:04:26 PM »
yes

Can the non-Israeli spouse visit without the Israeli spouse? - I assume not, but it would be great if I was wrong.
just apply for the ishur together and after u get it cancel the israeli's flight
Can the Israeli spouse leave the country before the quarantine is completed and before the non-Israeli spouse?
noone can leave during quarantine
Can you quarantine in an AirBNB?
Can you sneak out of quarantine?
Can you rent a car while in quarantine?
yes
yes
yes

Offline mgarfin

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: September 09, 2021, 06:18:27 PM »
yesjust apply for the ishur together and after u get it cancel the israeli's flight

You don't need flight information to apply so no need to cancel the flight

Offline mgarfin

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: September 09, 2021, 06:21:34 PM »
Can the non-Israeli spouse visit without the Israeli spouse? - I assume not, but it would be great if I was wrong.[/i

The question is can your Israeli spouse living abroad be the first degree relative to let you in or you would still need a different person that actually lives in Israel

Offline LongTimeLurker

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: September 10, 2021, 06:18:49 AM »

Just so I understand: You took a risk flying to a country you are not a citizen of, without the proper documentation, and you're looking for SOMEONE ELSE to share accountability?

Look, I know everyone wants to come to Israel, especially because you can't. And I know the rules are capricious, asinine and just stupid. But stop thinking of Israel as EY that is run by the incompetent zionists or something and remember it's a Sovereign country with its own rules and try and play by them please.

Also... Let's pretend the question was this:
I wanted to fly to Russia as a US citizen but didn't have a visa. I heard stories about people who were able to get one in Moscow so I booked a ticket via Aeroflot. Aeroflot reviewed all my passports at the airport and said I was good to go. I am now stuck in Lefortovo Prison as a bargaining chip for future Russian spies that maybe discovered in the US. Part of why I took the risk is because Aeroflot approved me at check-in, and I thought that was a good sign.  Any thoughts?

Offline Afrages6

• View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: September 10, 2021, 06:30:29 AM »

Look, I know everyone wants to come to Israel, especially because you can't.

That’s a broadside and offending accusation.

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: September 10, 2021, 06:42:41 AM »
Just so I understand: You took a risk flying to a country you are not a citizen of, without the proper documentation, and you're looking for SOMEONE ELSE to share accountability?

Look, I know everyone wants to come to Israel, especially because you can't. And I know the rules are capricious, asinine and just stupid. But stop thinking of Israel as EY that is run by the incompetent zionists or something and remember it's a Sovereign country with its own rules and try and play by them please.

Also... Let's pretend the question was this:
I wanted to fly to Russia as a US citizen but didn't have a visa. I heard stories about people who were able to get one in Moscow so I booked a ticket via Aeroflot. Aeroflot reviewed all my passports at the airport and said I was good to go. I am now stuck in Lefortovo Prison as a bargaining chip for future Russian spies that maybe discovered in the US. Part of why I took the risk is because Aeroflot approved me at check-in, and I thought that was a good sign.  Any thoughts?
He/she just wants to know if they can score a refund. Why is this a moral discussion?
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪