Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 660493 times)

Offline bb_sam

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #4760 on: September 20, 2021, 06:24:38 AM »
Arrived in Israel yesterday at 4:30pm from Canada.  After a lot of ambiguity about the process to get out of bidud, I can now tell you my experience -- in case it helps.

First, I am an Israeli non-resident with no kupat cholim.  I was previously in Israel Pesach time so I had a serology test (just 1 week shy of 6 months old) on file with the Ministry of Health. And I also have a green passport. 

Prior to departure, I completed the entry survey and was sent a confirmation email from the Ministry, and then a follow up PDF a few hours later that said I was arriving from an Orange country and would need to be in bidud for 14 days.  On the survey, I completed it noting I had "recovered in Israel" since I did have a previous serology on file.  That didn't seem to make a difference in terms of my bidud timeline.

I booked and prepaid for a PCR and Serology on the App.  The process after the baggage control is quite fast -- lots of people getting tested, but also lots of stations taking swabs for the PCR.  After the PCR (collected at approx 5pm), I was told where to go (at the airport) to do the serology.  The Serology is done as a point of care test -- meaning, you can wait (or if you prefer to leave you can too) 20 min and they'll provide you with the results immediately.  That positive serology result was texted and emailed to me.

I did not receive the negative PCR result until 10am the following morning.   Now that I had both the positive serology and negative PCR, I called *5400.  Shockingly, and unlike at Pesach, there is now an option for an English speaking agent *and* an English speaker will actually pick up the call! :)

The agent confirmed that I had taken the serology and PCR and then asked me if I was vaccinated outside Israel.  I told her I was, and she asked when my last shot was.  I told her the date.  She then said, this call is being recorded, I need you to state your name, ID number, and confirm the date of your last vaccine.  I did that.  She then warned me that lying would be a criminal offence.  Once I confirmed verbally that I understood that, she said I am now out of bidud.  Seconds later I received a text and email confirming the same.  I was officially out of bidud by 11am the day after landing at 4:30pm.  I should also note that my תעודת החלמה now notes my date of recovery as being the date I landed Sept 19, 2021.

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #4761 on: September 20, 2021, 06:40:32 AM »
Arrived in Israel yesterday at 4:30pm from Canada.  After a lot of ambiguity about the process to get out of bidud, I can now tell you my experience -- in case it helps.

First, I am an Israeli non-resident with no kupat cholim.  I was previously in Israel Pesach time so I had a serology test (just 1 week shy of 6 months old) on file with the Ministry of Health. And I also have a green passport. 

Prior to departure, I completed the entry survey and was sent a confirmation email from the Ministry, and then a follow up PDF a few hours later that said I was arriving from an Orange country and would need to be in bidud for 14 days.  On the survey, I completed it noting I had "recovered in Israel" since I did have a previous serology on file.  That didn't seem to make a difference in terms of my bidud timeline.

I booked and prepaid for a PCR and Serology on the App.  The process after the baggage control is quite fast -- lots of people getting tested, but also lots of stations taking swabs for the PCR.  After the PCR (collected at approx 5pm), I was told where to go (at the airport) to do the serology.  The Serology is done as a point of care test -- meaning, you can wait (or if you prefer to leave you can too) 20 min and they'll provide you with the results immediately.  That positive serology result was texted and emailed to me.

I did not receive the negative PCR result until 10am the following morning.   Now that I had both the positive serology and negative PCR, I called *5400.  Shockingly, and unlike at Pesach, there is now an option for an English speaking agent *and* an English speaker will actually pick up the call! :)

The agent confirmed that I had taken the serology and PCR and then asked me if I was vaccinated outside Israel.  I told her I was, and she asked when my last shot was.  I told her the date.  She then said, this call is being recorded, I need you to state your name, ID number, and confirm the date of your last vaccine.  I did that.  She then warned me that lying would be a criminal offence.  Once I confirmed verbally that I understood that, she said I am now out of bidud.  Seconds later I received a text and email confirming the same.  I was officially out of bidud by 11am the day after landing at 4:30pm.  I should also note that my תעודת החלמה now notes my date of recovery as being the date I landed Sept 19, 2021.

الله أكبر

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #4762 on: September 20, 2021, 06:45:09 AM »

Thanks for the detailed feedback.
Experience for Israelis and non-Israelis are very different, unfortunately.

I have Israelis and non-Israelis relative, all living and vaccinated abroad. The Israeli ones had a similar experience as yours and received a tehudat mahlim and tav yarok within 2 days.

The non Israelis arrived here 10 days ago and are still waiting for there 'exit Bidud' notification. No tav yarok despite the positive serology at the airport

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #4763 on: September 20, 2021, 09:00:24 AM »
Thanks for the detailed feedback.
Experience for Israelis and non-Israelis are very different, unfortunately.

I have Israelis and non-Israelis relative, all living and vaccinated abroad. The Israeli ones had a similar experience as yours and received a tehudat mahlim and tav yarok within 2 days.

The non Israelis arrived here 10 days ago and are still waiting for there 'exit Bidud' notification. No tav yarok despite the positive serology at the airport
What happens when they call *5400?
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: September 20, 2021, 09:03:18 AM »
They are being told that they are not eligible. They haven't HUCAd too many times since it has been hard to get people on the phone

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #4765 on: September 20, 2021, 09:21:39 AM »
מטה ההסברה לנגיף הקורונה

*ועדת החריגים הבינמשרדית אישרה: מתן פטור מבדיקת PCR למחלימים מקורונה ב - 3 החודשים האחרונים, לפני טיסתם לישראל*

ועדת החריגים הבינמשרדית של משרד החוץ, משרד הבריאות, ורשות האוכלוסין דנה אתמול בערב (19.9.21) בבקשות לפטור של מחלימים 'טריים' (עד 3 חודשים) מביצוע בדיקת PCR טרם הטיסה לישראל, במטרה לקצר עבור אלו את ההליך הבירוקרטי טרם המראתם לישראל. ההחלטה תיכנס לתוקפה במיידי.

הועדה קבעה פה אחד לאשר פטור מבדיקה לאדם שיציג לחברת התעופה בחו"ל לפני המראתו לישראל, אישור של בדיקת PCR  שתוצאתה חיובית והמצביעה על כך שהוא חלה בקורונה בפרק הזמן המוגדר כדלהלן:

• מחלימים שחלו בישראל במהלך שלושת החודשים האחרונים למועד הטיסה
• מועד הבדיקה (הדיגום לבדיקה) לא יפחת מ - 11 יום טרם הטיסה ולא יעלה על 3 חודשים.

• הצגת תוצאת הבדיקה, היא בנוסף למילוי הצהרת נוסע נכנס כנדרש.

• אדם שחלה והחלים בישראל ויש בידו תעודת מחלים של מדינת ישראל (שאינה מבוססת על בדיקה סרולוגית), יציג אותה, ובלבד שלא חלפו 3 חודשים ממועד קבלתה.

• הצגת תוצאות בדיקה אחרת, שאינה PCR, אינה מקנה פטור מבדיקה טרם העלייה לטיסה. 

עד היום מחלימים שטסו לישראל נדרשו להגיש מבעוד מועד טופס בקשה לועדת חריגים על  מנת לקבל פטור מבדיקת PCR. כעת עם קבלת החלטת הועדה, לא יהיה צורך יותר להגיש בקשות פרטניות לקבלת הפטור.

החלטה זו הובאה לידיעת חברות התעופה על מנת שיפעלו באופן מיידי בהתאם להחלטת ועדת החריגים.

גל רותם גולן
דוברת מטה ההסברה לקורונה

BH. Photoshop labs made relevant again.

Are recent recoverees exempt from bidud?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #4766 on: September 20, 2021, 04:38:49 PM »
Applied on Friday in Washington for wife and baby. Got approved today bh.

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: September 21, 2021, 03:42:07 PM »

BH. Photoshop labs made relevant again.

Why is it better to photoshop recovery than to photoshop a Covid test?

Offline bb_sam

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: September 22, 2021, 04:48:04 AM »

When I was let out of Bidud, this is the text I received:

XXXXX מספר זיהוי XXXXXX
  על סמך המידע שמסרת לנו אנו מאשרים לך לא להיכנס לבידוד ולא למלא טופס דיווח בידוד באתר המשרד. בברכה, מוקד קול הבריאות,
 משרד הבריאות

From my reading of this text, it seems as if even those that would have otherwise had to fill in and submit the "exemption from isolation" report online can also get out of bidud by calling *5400. The individuals that I've spoken to that have been able to get out of bidud have all been non-resident israelis.  I'll report back once I find some foreign passport holders to see if any of them have had success by calling.

Offline shwarmabob

• View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: September 23, 2021, 04:36:08 AM »
is serology test the cheapest at the airport?
how much is it in jerusalem?

Offline bb_sam

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4770 on: September 23, 2021, 08:31:00 AM »
is serology test the cheapest at the airport?
how much is it in jerusalem?

Do the serology at the airport - it’s not only cheaper (120 shekels at the airport versus 250 at Hatzalah Jlem) but the airport test is a point of care test so you’ll have results within 20 minutes.   The other labs are doing a lab based test that takes hours to get a result.

Offline cholent

• View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: September 23, 2021, 11:40:51 AM »
I’m attempting to fly with my daughter on Sunday, who has an expired Israeli passport and valid US passport.
Will post results here bl”n.
Update?
Don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: September 23, 2021, 12:29:21 PM »
Do the serology at the airport - it’s not only cheaper (120 shekels at the airport versus 250 at Hatzalah Jlem) but the airport test is a point of care test so you’ll have results within 20 minutes.   The other labs are doing a lab based test that takes hours to get a result.
Will this help to get out of bidud If I'm vaxed or machlim  in israel more than 6 months ago?

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: September 23, 2021, 12:52:12 PM »
Will this help to get out of bidud If I'm vaxed or machlim  in israel more than 6 months ago?
From what I've seen, it helps get out of Bidud if you're an Israeli vaccinated aboard. Doesn't help if you're not Israeli.

But in all cases it allows to receive a new tehudat mahlim once bidud is over

Offline Mendyy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: September 23, 2021, 01:22:58 PM »
But in all cases it allows to receive a new tehudat mahlim once bidud is over
Does that mean that green pass validity will be extended another six months if a serological test is done at the airport?

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: September 23, 2021, 01:25:08 PM »
Does that mean that green pass validity will be extended another six months if a serological test is done at the airport?
I don't believe it matters where you take the serology test as long as it's done by a provider recognized by the MoH

Offline YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: September 23, 2021, 02:26:52 PM »
Where can I do a same day (kosher) PCR in Jlem?

Offline Danlover111

• View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: September 23, 2021, 06:49:32 PM »
Where can I do a same day (kosher) PCR in Jlem?
rambam

Offline yaakov

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: September 23, 2021, 11:58:12 PM »
where can i get an proof of recovery in the tristate area

Offline gubevo18

• View Profile