Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 659874 times)

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #4940 on: October 11, 2021, 10:29:55 AM »
I'm still trying to make sense of all the different rules, so if I'm wrong, please correct me.

My understanding was, need to be vaccinated within 6 months to get the permit. Once in Israel, upon arrival you need a PCR and Antibodies test. Once the results are in, you can exit quarantine after 24 hours.

ETA: My source was the Amudim website: https://amudim.org/travel-quar/#info

This is referring to quarantine guidelines once you get to Israel.  It is not the application process for first degree relative.  You can still apply and get approved, you may just have a harder time exiting quarantine without a vax within the past 6 months

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: October 11, 2021, 10:34:55 AM »
I think Israel will open this November, at least to Europeans with official digital vaccination records
How will they verify that the vaccine was given within 6 months? EU is fine with 12 months. Will they waive that requirement if you have an EU certificate?

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #4942 on: October 11, 2021, 10:51:30 AM »
How will they verify that the vaccine was given within 6 months? EU is fine with 12 months. Will they waive that requirement if you have an EU certificate?
Like for tav yarok, it's 6 months since the last shot. Be it a 2nd or 3rd shot

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: October 11, 2021, 11:01:02 AM »
Like for tav yarok, it's 6 months since the last shot. Be it a 2nd or 3rd shot
How do they know the date of the last vaccine taken? Is that on the certificate?

Offline Dr Moose

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4944 on: October 11, 2021, 11:22:30 AM »
This is referring to quarantine guidelines once you get to Israel.  It is not the application process for first degree relative.  You can still apply and get approved, you may just have a harder time exiting quarantine without a vax within the past 6 months
That's the issue I'm worried about. I'm not interested in going and then having issues of exiting quarantine.
Hey there! I am using DansDeals Forums.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: October 11, 2021, 11:37:55 AM »
How do they know the date of the last vaccine taken? Is that on the certificate?
I think it is
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: October 11, 2021, 11:40:53 AM »
It shows the date of last shot, and number of shots taken. And in any case, the Israelis are supposed to have access to the European database

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: October 11, 2021, 01:34:15 PM »
I think Israel will open this November, at least to Europeans with official digital vaccination records
You called it @PlatinumGuy
https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1447613861671149568?t=QgS9wxZKmoKQEcfmYj9QLw&s=19

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: October 11, 2021, 01:49:05 PM »
You called it @PlatinumGuy
https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1447613861671149568?t=QgS9wxZKmoKQEcfmYj9QLw&s=19
Yeah. I booked tickets a week ago in anticipation of space rapidly disappearing and prices jumping.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Moshe123

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Lost
« Reply #4949 on: October 11, 2021, 02:14:41 PM »
That's the issue I'm worried about. I'm not interested in going and then having issues of exiting quarantine.

There is a solution. PM me.

Offline Fiddy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4950 on: October 11, 2021, 03:12:24 PM »
Anyone have advice for me? Have a weird question... I’m a dual citizen (US/Israel) and want to fly to Israel without an ishur. My first name on Israeli passport doesn’t match my legal first name on everything else(US passport, license etc.) I usually book ticket under my regular legal name because it’s not necessary for it to match my Israeli passport name, however, under these circumstances should I book ticket and fill health declaration using my Israeli name so it matches the Israeli passport?

Offline points 99

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: October 11, 2021, 03:22:00 PM »
It shows the date of last shot, and number of shots taken. And in any case, the Israelis are supposed to have access to the European database
Does the EU have access to Israeli database? If I have a tav yarok based on recovery/antibodies, does the EU accept that, and do they know from the TY that it is from recovery and not vax (if I would want to get an EU green passport)?

Offline bp27

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: October 11, 2021, 03:24:12 PM »
Yeah. I booked tickets a week ago in anticipation of space rapidly disappearing and prices jumping.
So much left unanswered by this article with the anticipated protocol. How are these "phases" going to work? It seems like Nov 1 will be for EU passholders. Phase 2 will be for the US, pending some sort of agreement (not sure what kind of agreement can be made, as there is no national database, unless they plan to partner with someone like Clear?). They then they plan on fully opening to vaccinated tourists of all countries by Nov 21? How long are each of these phases? Seems like a pretty quick timeline.

I actually have tickets booked to go in Dec, and am holding off getting vaccinated until this clears up. Hope we have some clarity with enough time to actually get vaccinated.

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: October 11, 2021, 03:48:43 PM »
Anyone have advice for me? Have a weird question... I’m a dual citizen (US/Israel) and want to fly to Israel without an ishur. My first name on Israeli passport doesn’t match my legal first name on everything else(US passport, license etc.) I usually book ticket under my regular legal name because it’s not necessary for it to match my Israeli passport name, however, under these circumstances should I book ticket and fill health declaration using my Israeli name so it matches the Israeli passport?
do u have a reason not to?
either way u, whatever name is on the ticket, if u show an israeli passport they should allow u to board, but why look for tzaros?
u can fill out as many health declarations as your heart desires

Offline Fiddy

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: October 11, 2021, 03:50:19 PM »
do u have a reason not to?
either way u, whatever name is on the ticket, if u show an israeli passport they should allow u to board, but why look for tzaros?
u can fill out as many health declarations as your heart desires
Thought so. Just wanted to confirm I’m not opening a new can of worms leaving the country as an Israeli vs US citizen. Thanks!

Offline njmacman

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: October 11, 2021, 03:53:18 PM »
I agree.

Offline GershonNY

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: October 11, 2021, 08:44:52 PM »
How long before travel to Israel is it recommended to apply for a permit? (Visiting 1st degree relative)
How long is the permit valid for?

Offline njmacman

• View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: October 11, 2021, 09:00:18 PM »
Apply for ishur 30 days before travel. Valid for 30 days. You can contact the Consulate but strongly recommend your relative do it through Misrad Hapnim.

Offline yandmk

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: October 11, 2021, 09:39:52 PM »
So much left unanswered by this article with the anticipated protocol. How are these "phases" going to work? It seems like Nov 1 will be for EU passholders. Phase 2 will be for the US, pending some sort of agreement (not sure what kind of agreement can be made, as there is no national database, unless they plan to partner with someone like Clear?). They then they plan on fully opening to vaccinated tourists of all countries by Nov 21? How long are each of these phases? Seems like a pretty quick timeline.

I actually have tickets booked to go in Dec, and am holding off getting vaccinated until this clears up. Hope we have some clarity with enough time to actually get vaccinated.
If you intend to vaccinate anyway, why wait for the last second where you may have issues?

Offline Jack out of the box

• View Profile
  • Programs: Chase UR, BA Avios, AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, SPG
« Reply #4959 on: October 12, 2021, 02:19:42 AM »
Apply for ishur 30 days before travel. Valid for 30 days. You can contact the Consulate but strongly recommend your relative do it through Misrad Hapnim.
Is that based on recent experience?
The Misrad Hapnim office in my city supposedly does not handle these matters.