Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 658297 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #5400 on: November 18, 2021, 11:23:23 AM »
It's not like its a different vaccine or dosage for 1st, 2nd or 3rd.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #5403 on: November 18, 2021, 11:44:53 AM »
https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-moderna-booster-shot-fda-2de19cdff021ad11b95c6b67fd5d8617

Moderna being the exception. Though as noted towards the end of the article, there are instances where they are giving full dose.
-- Dan

Offline dealfinder11

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: November 18, 2021, 11:56:13 AM »
One of many myths.

Now that anyone can get any vaccine, who is to stop anyone from getting a jab wherever they are administered. It's not like its a different vaccine or dosage for 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

Point is that the Israeli requirement of a vaccine or booster within last 6 months should not hold anyone back from visiting (assuming they are ok with getting vaxxed). You can schedule a booster and they will give you the booster, and write it down on your card (as a booster).

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: November 18, 2021, 12:00:28 PM »
Point is that the Israeli requirement of a vaccine or booster within last 6 months should not hold anyone back from visiting (assuming they are ok with getting vaxxed).

I just heard yesterday about a staunch anti-vaxer that got the entire family vaccinated in order to attend a wedding in the EU. I was really surprised they opted for that rather than moving the venue of the wedding. I found out about it after DW told me she would like to stop over on her way to EY to attend the wedding, until I told her that being fully vaccinated is a requirement, at which point she said she'll pass (though technically I would assume that if she wanted to go there on the way back from EY, she might be able to, if she gets a fresh COVID-19 certificate based on a fresh antibody test in EY).
-- Dan

Offline shmooz

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: November 18, 2021, 12:11:15 PM »
If someone has a valid teudat hachlama and green pass from previous visit within 6 months.
No postive pcr or vaccine.

Getting conflicting info if allowed in.

Offline awardflyer

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: November 18, 2021, 05:59:29 PM »
PSA: If unvaxxed (or 1 test) /  don’t have recovery letter and flying from Israel to U.S. on 12AM/12:30/1AM flight a PCR done on Wednesday is NOT valid. U.S. Covid test rule for unvaxxed is one day before and Israel can deny boarding…
On flight now back to U.S. ( AA TLV-JFK 12:45AM Friday) with my cousin who’s not fully vaccinated and had PCR test Wed 5pm…he was initially denied boarding and almost missed flight. Supervisor finally made exception but I would NOT rely on that happening again. We asked to take rapid at airport and they don’t do rapids in Israel apparently…
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 06:02:56 PM by awardflyer »

Offline bp27

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: November 18, 2021, 06:21:57 PM »
If someone has a valid teudat hachlama and green pass from previous visit within 6 months.
No postive pcr or vaccine.

Getting conflicting info if allowed in.
From Chaim V'Chessed:

Please note that a Tav Yarok that you obtain in Israel based on serological tests, or vaccination more than six months ago, will not allow you to enter Israel. This is applicable for all travelers, despite the fact that at times, Green Passes have been issued based upon serology. It is possible that airline staff will allow those holding such Green Passes to board; however, they may be denied entry upon arrival in Israel.

Offline yg99

• View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: November 19, 2021, 07:12:45 AM »
Just got a response from Chaim vChesed

Hello,
Thanks for contacting Chaim V'Chessed.  There are quite a few glitches in the system.  You filled out the form correctly.  You just have to enter the type and date of vaccine, no uploading documents. Bring your vaccination certificates with you as they may ask to see them when you arrive.
Regarding the questions on how many people staying there - they mean in your room at the hotel.  How many rooms? One. 
If we can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

All the best,
They were correct.

At checkin jfk (air france) they asked to see entry letter, kav yarok, pcr, and prepaid bar codes for pcr in Israel. Thought that was weird because I didn't have to prepay, but I gave it and didn't ask questions. Didn't ask for CDC.

In France they only asked for PCR.

Upon arrival in TLV, you need to first get the standard blue ticket (biometric worked for most but not me). Somewhere along the way I showed the kav and got a green ticket which I gave to another person before customs.

After custom you go to this huge tent with multiple pcr testers. Process took less than 5 minutes. You get a wristband that allows you to walk out of airport.

Took test 300pm and got results 7am.

Less than 45 minutes from getting off plane to exiting airport.

Offline danthecan

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: November 20, 2021, 11:25:32 PM »
was anyone who has an entry form and tav yarok asked to show his vaccination card before boarding his flight from nyc to tlv?

I'm at the gate for tonight's AA flight from JFK to TLV.  They were asking for everyone's vaccination cards (or at least all the people with US passports). There was at least one person who they wouldn't let board, even though he had entry form and tav yarok.

Offline danthecan

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: November 20, 2021, 11:27:55 PM »
On November 16, Health Ministry officials signaled that antigen tests will soon be accepted for travel to Israel. This means that pre-flight, passengers will be able to take either antigen or PCR tests. All travelers entering Israel will still be required to undergo a PCR test upon landing at Ben-Gurion Airport. We caution that final government approval is still needed for this move, and details have not yet been finalized.
from the website of Chaim Vchessed
does that mean if one has antibodies they don't have to take the vaccine to enter Israel if this is approved?

I think you are confusing antigen test and antibodies test. Antigen is a rapid covid test.

Offline travel agent

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: November 20, 2021, 11:32:17 PM »
I was vaccinated in Israel, when applying the form its not asking for vaccination proof & i am not getting a permit to enter, any solution?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: November 21, 2021, 05:20:33 AM »
I was vaccinated in Israel, when applying the form its not asking for vaccination proof & i am not getting a permit to enter, any solution?
Trying to filling the form as if you were vaccinated outside of Israel?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: November 21, 2021, 05:33:58 AM »
just fill out vaccinated outside israel, put in the dates of ur israeli vax, and if u get stopped in tlv show them ur israeli records

Offline yandmk

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5415 on: November 21, 2021, 06:40:26 AM »
Maybe more than 6 months or less than 2 weeks?

Offline travel agent

• View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: November 21, 2021, 11:43:57 AM »
just fill out vaccinated outside israel, put in the dates of ur israeli vax, and if u get stopped in tlv show them ur israeli records
Trying to filling the form as if you were vaccinated outside of Israel?
thanks will try it out

Maybe more than 6 months or less than 2 weeks?

got the 3`rd dose a month ago

Offline BarryLincoln

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Platinum, National Executive, Hertz Five Star
« Reply #5417 on: November 21, 2021, 04:27:48 PM »
Hertz car pickup was nearly 2 hours tonight :(

Offline travel agent

• View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: November 21, 2021, 05:46:19 PM »
thanks, it worked

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #5419 on: November 21, 2021, 05:48:36 PM »
Can someone go for chanukkah if their passport expires in February