Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 643099 times)

Offline Jacob88

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #5580 on: December 07, 2021, 09:56:25 AM »
JERUSALEM: Israel will reportedly not extend its 2-week ban on foreigners entering which is to end Sunday and might cut it short if current trends continue.
Hmm.
This was what was being said last week.

In the meantime the following has taken place:
Jpost is reporting:

Foreign nationals (mothers) who have a pregnant daughter living in Israel will now be allowed to enter the country a week before their daughters’ due date.
https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/foreign-parents-of-pregnant-women-to-be-allowed-entry-into-israel-688078

This policy comes into affect on Sunday. (the day when the ban is suppose to expire).

We know alot that of these things dont make sense

but why bother creating a policy if you know the rules are set to expire on Sunday...unless they are NOT set to expire on Sunday (or again--just people making policies for the headlines etc..alot of things dont make sense but possible).

Also they just adjusted the rules for Israelis when traveling abroad (for example- an "orange" coded country, like the USA,  requires test when land, isolate till results, test again 3 days later). Its much harder to track and monitor tourists then citizens. And then this article comes out from Jpost today as well from the tourist minister saying the same thing:
"Israel tourism minister: ‘Ashamed Israel didn't develop COVID tracker'"
https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/coronavirus/israel-tourism-minister-shame-that-israel-has-not-developed-covid-tracker-688068

Its all very up in the air.
Yesterday it was said ". A situation assessment is expected to be held later in the week and decisions made based on data about the Omicron variant in Israel and around the world.. https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/coronavirus/new-covid-travel-restrictions-bennett-and-horowitz-discuss-next-steps-688030
 :'(
רַחֶם

Offline NTorch

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: December 07, 2021, 11:23:14 AM »
From Arutz Sheva

In the daily situational assessment on the coronavirus convened tonight (Monday) by Prime Minister Naftali Bennett and Health Minister Nitzan Horowitz, the policy of testing and isolation for returnees from abroad was discussed, which will be adopted when the current restrictions expire.

A decision has not yet been made on when the current restrictions will end. A situational assessment will take place later this week and decisions will be made in accordance with the morbidity data in Israel and around the world.

The following are the main policies that are being formulated for the period after the end of the current restrictions:

Unvaccinated people returning from yellow or orange countries will be required to quarantine for seven days and to receive two negative PCR tests (on the first and seventh day).

Vaccinated people returning from yellow countries will be required to undergo a PCR test on the first day and 24-hour home isolation (as has been the case so far). Upon returning from orange countries they will be required to receive two PCR tests, on the first and third days. The obligation to quarantine will last until the first negative test result is received or for 24 hours, whichever occurs first.

Unvaccinated people returning from red countries will be required to quarantine in a quarantine hotel at their own expense until their first negative PCR test result is obtained. If a negative test result is obtained they will be able to complete their seven-day isolation period at home.

Vaccinated people returning from red countries from red states will be required to receive negative PCR tests on the first and seventh day and undergo a seven-day home isolation.

These regulations apply only to Israeli citizens. No updates have been provided on regulations on tourists and visitors to Israel.
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/318203

Yes - it does not appear that anything has been decided for procedure after the two week Order expires.

Offline bp27

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: December 07, 2021, 11:50:56 AM »
Someone please explain to me why vaccinated tourists cannot be let in from Yellow and Orange countries under the same set up. The only thing that is different now than before is the requirement for a test on Day 3. This is easily doable for tourists as well, and can be easily enforced when the tourists leave the country.

What is the logic of limiting this to only Israeli passport holders? unless, of course, there is no logic, and never was.

Offline Jacob88

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: December 07, 2021, 12:13:22 PM »
Someone please explain to me why vaccinated tourists cannot be let in from Yellow and Orange countries under the same set up. The only thing that is different now than before is the requirement for a test on Day 3. This is easily doable for tourists as well, and can be easily enforced when the tourists leave the country.

What is the logic of limiting this to only Israeli passport holders? unless, of course, there is no logic, and never was.

I think your right.
I know in Canada, we had a similar procedure in summer where some people (mostly with kids) had to stay in isolation and test before they were released- a public health official would call them (not sure- maybe even video call them) and do some type of virtual test or something.

I think the issue is that the Covid science team in Israel is very strict about tracking & tracing cases, testing etc. With the loss of the shin bet spy tech, they will now enforce the rules via a fine for those who fail to take the 2nd test 3 days after returning. One of the reasons why they wanted to "trace and test" is because previously, (i cant find the source) only 17% of those that needed to take a 2nd test upon their return were doing so. So the honor system was not working for Israelis, so now there will be a fine.

There would appear to be doubts about such an honor system would or could work for tourists ("oh i forgot" ..."oh..i couldnt find a testing centre" oh this or oh that)....even with a proposed fine, it would be hard (though not impossible) to implement for tourists.
Its already in place for tour group/guides etc. So i hear what your saying.

Offline Jacob88

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: December 07, 2021, 03:10:00 PM »
"Gov’t set to debate re-opening Israel’s airport"

Health and government officials are set to continue the debate over travel restrictions on Wednesday, with at least one health expert believing the current restrictions should remain in place.

Corona commissioner Prof. Salman Zarka said the situation amid the Omicron variant continues to be worrisome, as the available information is too limited.

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/coronavirus/fourth-covid-shot-could-be-necessary-in-couple-of-months-meuhedet-chief-688082

Offline flyingBlue

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: December 08, 2021, 09:19:44 AM »
if when u entered, u entered as fully vaxed according to israeli definition, then u can test on day 3 and leave on day 4.
as to the day 3 test, im not sure they enforce it yet, but either way u need a test to leave to the usa

I arrived in Israel from overseas with a special permit on Sunday, i'm fully vaccinated (Jonson a month ago)
I did not receive a green pass when filled out the entry form
I took a PCR test when I landed in Israel, & another 1 today, I got the negative results. Can I leave Israel now? or I need a special email that I am out of biddud?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 09:55:20 AM by flyingBlue »

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #5586 on: December 08, 2021, 10:16:38 AM »
DW got a (old) Green Pass in June based on an antibody test (just a few days shy of 6 months ago).  I just completed an entry declaration form for her as she is flying today, I indicated she recovered in Israel, she got permission to board indicating she is recovered/vaccinated and only needs 3 days of isolation.

What does this mean? Is she required to take a PCR test on day 3? Does isolation end after 3 days only with PCR test? If so, when does it end without PCR test? What's the cheapest place to take a PCR test near Kfar Chabad? Can the same test be used to board a flight back to the US? If yes, how long before the flight to the US is it allowed to be?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 10:24:19 AM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: December 08, 2021, 10:31:55 AM »
DW got a (old) Green Pass in June based on an antibody test (just a few days shy of 6 months ago).  I just completed an entry declaration form for her as she is flying today, I indicated she recovered in Israel, she got permission to board indicating she is recovered/vaccinated and only needs 3 days of isolation.

What does this mean? Is she required to take a PCR test on day 3? Does isolation end after 3 days only with PCR test? If so, when does it end without PCR test? What's the cheapest place to take a PCR test near Kfar Chabad? Can the same test be used to board a flight back to the US? If yes, how long before the flight to the US is it allowed to be?
officially she is required to take a test on day 3
she exits bidud either way
i dont think it is enforced yet. there was some talk about an automatically issued fine for those who dont test, but i dont think it is in place yet
unfortunately, adobe doesnt work for these types of tests

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #5588 on: December 08, 2021, 10:41:48 AM »
officially she is required to take a test on day 3
she exits bidud either way

Doesn't seem to be correct:

https://corona.health.gov.il/abroad/arriving-by-air/
שימו לב: מי שחויבו בבידוד קצר יוכלו לצאת מהבידוד רק אחרי קבלת תוצאה שלילית בבדיקת
PCR
נוספת שיעשו ביום ה-3 אחרי הכניסה לישראל (יום הכניסה לישראל הוא היום ה-1 לבידוד). מי שלא יעשו את הבדיקה הנוספת ביום ה-3 – יצטרכו להשלים בידוד מלא.
-- Dan

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: December 08, 2021, 11:22:12 AM »

Is your wife Israeli? If not, how did she get permission to go to Israel?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: December 08, 2021, 11:29:50 AM »
-- Dan

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: December 08, 2021, 01:14:23 PM »
Doesn't seem to be correct:

https://corona.health.gov.il/abroad/arriving-by-air/
the question is not what it says, the question is tachles, if her t.z. is put into a computer on day 4, does it show up as חייב בידוד or not.
i dont believe so

Offline ar

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: December 08, 2021, 04:05:56 PM »
I arrived in Israel from overseas with a special permit on Sunday, i'm fully vaccinated (Jonson a month ago)
I did not receive a green pass when filled out the entry form
I took a PCR test when I landed in Israel, & another 1 today, I got the negative results. Can I leave Israel now? or I need a special email that I am out of biddud?

After receiving negative PCR results from Day 3, you are out of Bidud immediately

So lets say you arrive on Sunday, you can leave Tuesday after your second PCR result (PCR on Sunday at airport and Tuesday in clinic)

Offline flyingBlue

• View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: December 08, 2021, 08:20:19 PM »
If i leave Israel Motzei Shabbos, & arrive Sunday 5 AM, will I be sufficient with a PCR performed on Friday to re-enter US?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5594 on: December 08, 2021, 08:23:55 PM »
If i leave Israel Motzei Shabbos, & arrive Sunday 5 AM, will I be sufficient with a PCR performed on Friday to re-enter US?
If the flight is Saturday, sure.
Sunday, no.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5595 on: December 08, 2021, 08:27:50 PM »
If the flight is Saturday, sure.
Sunday, no.

So it's "one day" prior to departure day? Not "24 hours"?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5596 on: December 08, 2021, 08:41:44 PM »
Correct.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline flyingBlue

• View Profile

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #5599 on: December 09, 2021, 05:31:29 AM »
Link to their source?
Fake news.

Cabinet is meeting this afternoon to re-examine the issue