Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 657810 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #5600 on: December 09, 2021, 08:31:54 AM »
Fake news.

Cabinet is meeting this afternoon to re-examine the issue
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/1962702/important-clarification-regarding-reports-that-non-israeli-citizens-can-now-visit-relatives-in-israel-read-the-updates.html
Are there the most condescending "news" site out there?
Anyone have links to news sites which reported the following?
Also, they just don't know how to read This just isn't what it says
Ywn is extreme fake news
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Matovu

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond,
« Reply #5601 on: December 09, 2021, 09:57:01 AM »

Offline Matovu

• View Profile

Offline bp27

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5603 on: December 09, 2021, 11:10:28 AM »
https://www.timesofisrael.com/you-have-my-word-bennett-pledges-to-us-jewry-that-hell-reopen-borders-asap/
When a politician "feels your pain" you know you are in trouble.

Guess my trip that I rebooked for next week if off the table.

I think Dan should get ready to repost his poll when Israel will reopen. I think I will vote 2023 this time. (Or, when Bennett loses a No Confidence vote.)

Offline Jacob88

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5604 on: December 09, 2021, 11:13:04 AM »
https://www.timesofisrael.com/you-have-my-word-bennett-pledges-to-us-jewry-that-hell-reopen-borders-asap/
I think the headline make it seems like there will be change but really we dont know.
But the quote from the letter says:
"We are well aware of the pain being caused, and you have my word that we will do all we can to help Jews around the world visit Israel again as soon as possible."

The rule is suppose to expire on Sunday.
He could have just said "Sunday"- or when the current rule expire.......unless they really dont know when it will happen.  :(

Offline Matovu

• View Profile
« Reply #5605 on: December 09, 2021, 11:13:23 AM »
It's not about Bennett, the previous guy was as bad or worse.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #5606 on: December 09, 2021, 11:19:08 AM »

I think Dan should get ready to repost his poll when Israel will reopen. I think I will vote 2023 this time. (Or, when Bennett loses a No Confidence vote.)
"Read my lips: no new taxes"
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Jacob88

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5607 on: December 09, 2021, 11:19:52 AM »

Agreed
100x this

Jpost has further details:
https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/bennett-deeply-regrets-pain-of-diaspora-jews-due-to-israels-closed-borders-688274

"The prime minister’s comments came against the background of ongoing criticism of Israel’s policies toward the entry of foreign Jews, particularly those with family in the country, and repeated reports of abusive behavior by officials in the Population and Immigration Authority (PIBA) of the Interior Ministry toward those visiting the country."

"As reported by The Jerusalem Post, PIBA has also been accused of routine abusive and threatening behavior to Jews from the Diaspora and others, including an incident in which friends of Eli Kay, slain in a terrorist attack last month, who came to comfort the Kay family were summarily ejected from the country without food or water and forced to violate Shabbat.

"In another incident, a PIBA official threatened an American yeshiva student, saying he would put him in handcuffs if he asked to have his passport back again.

PIBA officials routinely confiscate travelers’ passports for lengthy periods of time without informing them of the reason.

Offline Matovu

• View Profile

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #5610 on: December 09, 2021, 03:01:30 PM »

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #5611 on: December 09, 2021, 03:02:52 PM »
It just so happen that the fake news guessed it right  ::)

https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1469034096328417282?t=IPWbo7jOdxCQ2Pgyv4DxfA&s=09
probability said this was going to happen doesn't mean they had sources before they posted the story

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: December 09, 2021, 03:04:05 PM »
probability said this was going to happen doesn't mean they had sources before they posted the story
Agreed

Offline Matovu

• View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: December 09, 2021, 03:17:55 PM »

Offline NTorch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 68
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: December 09, 2021, 03:36:56 PM »
Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett and Health Minister Nitzan Horowitz ruled Thursday evening that the restrictions recently imposed on air travel will be extended for an additional ten days, starting from next Sunday.

Under the restrictions, all travelers returning to Israel – regardless of their vaccination status – will be required to enter quarantine upon their arrival at home, under the orders of the Health Ministry Director-General.

The decision to extend the quarantine order will require final authorization by the Knesset’s Health Committee.

Bennett and Horowitz also agreed Thursday evening to extend the requirement mandating that all travelers returning from countries with high coronavirus infection levels, dubbed ‘red’ countries, will have to enter quarantine at a government-run ‘coronavirus hotel’. This mandate will be brought before the Knesset’s Constitution Committee for final approval.

Furthermore, Bennett and Horowitz agreed to deliberate on additional possible restrictions in the coming days, along with moves aimed at encouraging more Israelis to get vaccinated.

During Thursday’s deliberations, Prime Minister Naftali Bennett backed proposals to close Ben-Gurion International Airport and to impose a lockdown on the unvaccinated. Health Minister Horowitz and other Health Ministry officials opposed the moves, however calling them disproportionate.

Bennett came under fire for backing the more extreme measures, with Hebrew University professor Zvika Granot blasting the proposal.

"What is the prime minister trying to achieve? To put pressure on the unvaccinated to get vaccinated or to protect the population? It is better to explain that the vaccine is good and not to push the public into a corner through non-democratic means."

He said: "The question is, what is the purpose of these restrictions that Bennett wants to promote? If the purpose is to protect the fully vaccinated population, then there is no proof that it is necessary. Because a person who has been vaccinated should be protected and a person who has not been vaccinated is aware of the risks and takes it upon himself. If the goal is to burden the unvaccinated to force them to get vaccinated - then how much are you willing to step on democracy to advance an agenda? The solution should be explanatory, to convince people that it is worth getting vaccinated, and it is important not to force it on them."
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/318385

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: December 09, 2021, 03:38:57 PM »
and there you have it folks.

https://www.ynetnews.com/health_science/article/b1vzxjl9t

:( :( :( :( :( :'(
CH"V saying that's just for restrictions on Israelis and that foreigners hasn't been decided yet. Post if you see otherwise.

Offline Jacob88

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: December 09, 2021, 03:44:08 PM »
jpost is saying the same thing:
https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/coronavirus-israel-looks-into-imposing-restrictions-on-the-unvaccinated-688269

another 10 days.."They include the complete closure of the borders to foreign nationals and a requirement for inbound vaccinated travelers to quarantine for three days and take a second PCR test on the third day, "

so what- they are going to open up in time for xmas? Really??

Offline bp27

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: December 09, 2021, 04:52:42 PM »
As cynical as we have all been in questioning how Omicron knows if you have an Israeli passport or not, apparently the real reason that tourists are not being let in is because of the 3 day quarantine.

As long as that remains in affect, they cannot allow tourists in, who would generally have no way or interest in coming to quarantine for 3 days.

So, even if they didn't include the tourist ban in the 10 day announcement, it is quite obvious that it is included. (The CH"V announcement was before this last meeting.)

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: December 09, 2021, 05:35:21 PM »

They cannot allow tourists in, who would generally have no way or interest in coming to quarantine for 3 days.
Where have you been the last year?
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline bp27

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: December 09, 2021, 06:25:03 PM »
Where have you been the last year?
I've been booking and cancelling tickets like everyone else. Just cancelled again.

Please don't misunderstand me. I am as frustrated as anyone at this nonsensical policies. I wasn't referring to the past 2 years. I was only referring to the last 2 weeks. Now that they have a system in place to allow vaccinated tourists to come in, it would make no sense to close the borders to tourists, while allowing Israeli passport holders. (As if "Omicron" knows to avoid you if you hold an Israeli passport.) I had read that the logic was based on the 3 day quarantine.

That's all I meant.

Not looking to defend the indefensible. Just saying that there is no way they will reopen to tourists while keeping the 3 day quarantine.