Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 653765 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #6140 on: January 27, 2022, 04:09:43 PM »
I wonder if going with a Stopover in Switzerland would make it any better.
Maybe on separate tickets.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Mendyy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: January 27, 2022, 08:29:40 PM »
Maybe on separate tickets.

Technically, you'd have a better chance flying on seperate tickets from anywhere in Europe, because the check-in agents (in Europe) are probably used to seeing EU recovery certificates for TLV departures.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #6142 on: January 27, 2022, 08:30:19 PM »
Technically, you'd have a better chance flying on seperate tickets from anywhere in Europe, because the check-in agents (in Europe) are probably used to seeing EU recovery certificates for TLV departures.
Yup.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline yelped

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: January 27, 2022, 09:36:21 PM »
Heard reports of Americans getting in without digital certificates. Just a regular positive PCR test in the last 6 months.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: January 27, 2022, 09:46:12 PM »
Heard reports of Americans getting in without digital certificates. Just a regular positive PCR test in the last 6 months.
It all comes down to the checkin agent, no?

Offline Mendyy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: January 27, 2022, 10:49:22 PM »

How does that work? Did they put false information on the form? It's pretty clear that in order to enter it needs to be part of the EU+ system, which can be digitally verifiable.

Offline Hjay

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: January 27, 2022, 11:42:25 PM »

No. You need to fill out a form online & get approved to enter & green pass. Once you have that you can deal with checkin agents before that nobody is even talking to you.

I find this quite hard to believe. I know ppl who tried filling out the form with recovered info from USA & they were rejected…

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: January 27, 2022, 11:48:45 PM »
You can play around with the form and try to get an entrance permit. No need to have a ticket and once approved it’s good for 30 days
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: January 27, 2022, 11:57:31 PM »
No. You need to fill out a form online & get approved to enter & green pass. Once you have that you can deal with checkin agents before that nobody is even talking to you.

I find this quite hard to believe. I know ppl who tried filling out the form with recovered info from USA & they were rejected…
Heard a first person report from people who did it (a couple of brothers). They didn't do anything special.

Offline Mendyy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: January 28, 2022, 12:02:24 AM »
Heard a first person report from people who did it (a couple of brothers). They didn't do anything special.

Can you give more information? They didn't have any vaccination papers? Which airline? Like I said, the form will automatically reject you if you click that you were recovered in the US. So unless they clicked that they recovered elsewhere, or they were vaccinated, I cannot understand how they managed to completely fill out the form and get a green pass and approval.

Offline yelped

• View Profile
« Reply #6150 on: January 28, 2022, 12:04:06 AM »
Can you give more information? They didn't have any vaccination papers? Which airline? Like I said, the form will automatically reject you if you click that you were recovered in the US. So unless they clicked that they recovered elsewhere, or they were vaccinated, I cannot understand how they managed to completely fill out the form and get a green pass and approval.
Don't know. I wouldn't count on it or even try it. I'm just saying that it happened.

Offline shopcomputer

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
    • nysolutions.com
« Reply #6151 on: January 28, 2022, 12:27:43 AM »
Doesn't outright reject you, however if you upload a US covid test it won't be able to verify and says it will forward it to the health ministry for further review.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 12:40:59 AM by shopcomputer »

Offline Mendyy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: January 28, 2022, 12:47:47 AM »
Doesn't outright reject you, however if you upload a US covid test it won't be able to verify and says it will forward it to the health ministry for further review.

Strange. When I tried uploading my Swiss certificate, and I chose US recovery, it automatically rejected me (on the last screen), so I was assuming that the form is programmed to reject US recoveries. On the other hand, if you were to fill in that you recovered in an EU country, and upload the positive test, or if you fill that you were vaccinated, and then uploaded the test, then it would give you the message that it will be forwarded to the Health Ministry, and you would get the approval. But in that scenario, false information was given in the form.

Offline Mendyy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6153 on: January 28, 2022, 12:48:52 AM »

Go to the next screen, and after putting in the isolation details it will tell you "boarding denied" (assuming you put in the US as the country of recovery).

Offline TBD

• View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: January 28, 2022, 01:42:01 AM »
In Israel they can ask you for verification. Its not just the US check-in agent. Need to know if by Israeli Passport control its accepted

Offline Y R

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: January 28, 2022, 01:53:33 AM »
In Israel they can ask you for verification. Its not just the US check-in agent. Need to know if by Israeli Passport control its accepted
Once you get to go Israel, they don’t check any papers or documentation.

Offline TBD

• View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: January 28, 2022, 02:10:00 AM »
They do. Maybe not every one but they definitely do check

Offline moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #6157 on: January 28, 2022, 07:04:33 AM »
They dont always check. But when they do and your papers arent in order they wont hesitate to send you back.

Offline kargagaliciana

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: January 28, 2022, 07:24:02 AM »
Just got back from a trip to EY. They didn't check any docs in Israel coming in, all we had to do when we arrived was the COVID test. Leaving Israel we did the emed abbot test which we uploaded to Verifly, we had to show our green pass in order to enter the terminal. All in all an easy and seamless process.

Offline mordechain

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: January 28, 2022, 07:41:01 AM »
Had there been any change in the rules for infants and children? My wife wants to visit for a few days with a one month old infant. If she's vaccinated, but the bay obviously isn't, would the baby still be in quarantine? How soon could they fly back?