Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 639206 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Israel (Not) Reopening To Foreigners
« Reply #320 on: July 28, 2020, 02:32:47 PM »
LA is better than NY?
and which one is better, a DR's note or Student? Bot are true, he's going  for a dr and plans to be there as student
Yes. Consulate would handle doctor story, students are handled in Israel by the school.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline oldguy

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 28, 2020, 02:34:16 PM »
Yes. Consulate would handle doctor story, students are handled in Israel by the school.
Thank you!

Offline mijo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA: 1K, HHonors: Dia, IHG Plat
« Reply #322 on: August 03, 2020, 03:58:17 AM »
https://www.ynet.co.il/Ext/Comp/CdaNewsFlash/0,2297,L-5775222_184,00.html

פרופסור גמזו אישר מתווה כניסה לארץ ל-17 אלף סטודנטים ותלמידי ישיבות

פרויקטור הקורונה, פרופסור רוני גמזו, אישר את כניסתם לארץ של 17,000 סטודנטים ותלמידי ישיבות שיגיעו לתקופת לימודים ממושכת. ההגעה תתאפשר רק ללומדים במוסדות שאושרו על ידי משרד הבריאות. הנכנסים, בהם לא רק סטודנטים ותלמידי ישיבות, אלא גם משתתפי תוכניות מסע ונע"לה, יידרשו בבידוד לאורך שבועיים בעת הגעתם. כניסתם תתפרס על פני השבועות הקרובים והפעימות יתואמו עם משרד הבריאות ורשות ההגירה והאוכלוסין.

(אדיר ינקו)

Seems like good news for those that need it

Offline jose34

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 03, 2020, 10:35:41 AM »

פרויקטור הקורונה, פרופסור רוני גמזו, אישר את כניסתם לארץ של 17,000 סטודנטים ותלמידי ישיבות שיגיעו לתקופת לימודים ממושכת. ההגעה תתאפשר רק ללומדים במוסדות שאושרו על ידי משרד הבריאות. הנכנסים, בהם לא רק סטודנטים ותלמידי ישיבות, אלא גם משתתפי תוכניות מסע ונע"לה, יידרשו בבידוד לאורך שבועיים בעת הגעתם. כניסתם תתפרס על פני השבועות הקרובים והפעימות יתואמו עם משרד הבריאות ורשות ההגירה והאוכלוסין.

(אדיר ינקו)

The question the seminaries are facing is what happens after this time- will students be allowed to freely go around the country.... If not it all nice and everything that there allowing them to come but it does not really help anything.

Offline Buruch

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 03, 2020, 11:06:34 AM »
From the Govt standpoint, once they finish quarantine, they're like any other Israeli.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #325 on: August 03, 2020, 11:17:23 AM »
From the Govt standpoint, once they finish quarantine, they're like any other Israeli.

So why make a fuss to begin with, if it's that simple?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #326 on: August 03, 2020, 11:21:19 AM »
Which still means a capsule system. Not fun.

Offline moish

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA LT Plat, Avis, SPG Plat
« Reply #327 on: August 03, 2020, 11:22:09 AM »
The issue was nobody taking responsibility for their quarantine and making sure they would be adhering to the capsule system

Offline Yonah

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 03, 2020, 12:01:53 PM »

One of my sons is going, I"H

(אדיר ינקו)

One of my sons is I"H going in 3 weeks. Some of his friends yeshivos left yesterday. He showed me a text from a friend with a picture of him in NATBAG. I told him "That's nice, but I'm still not going to believe it until you send me one of those yourself".

I heard of one yeshiva taking an interesting approach - they can only handle so many students in quarantine, so they're having students come in waves - i.e. 1/3 left last night, 1/3 in two weeks, and 1/3 in 4 weeks.

Which still means a capsule system. Not fun.

Yes, but probably more fun than not going :) 

We were talking to a friend in shul who told us "If you need a place to go for Shabbos, you can visit my brother". I just laughed and said I don't think that they're going to have an 'off' shabbos for quite some time.

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 03, 2020, 12:05:15 PM »

The issue was letting in potentially thousands of infected people.
As far as I know, at this point it's not much of a risk. Hasn't Corona already gone through and run its course already in all the large frum communities where almost all the students are coming from?

Offline jose34

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: August 03, 2020, 12:35:16 PM »
Not from what I'm hearing. Seminaries are talking about restricting their students the whole year.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #331 on: August 03, 2020, 12:44:32 PM »
The issue was letting in potentially thousands of infected people.
As far as I know, at this point it's not much of a risk. Hasn't Corona already gone through and run its course already in all the large frum communities where almost all the students are coming from?

I guess it depends where the students are coming from? If BP, WB, CH, or KJ, then yes, I'd say the risk is low (I'm not exactly sure what the situation is in LKWD). If it's from other communities, the risk could be just as high as all other Israelis, with the only added risk coming from being in an airplane for many hours.
-- Dan

Offline Happyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 03, 2020, 01:53:25 PM »
Email from Mir

Dear Parents.
I’m happy to share with you another update that hopefully will answer many of your questions that I have received over the past few days. The Yeshiva is now waiting for a final approval of the following plan which we are hoping will come any day בעזרת ה'.
Flight
·         Bochurim will need to fly on direct flights to Eretz Yisroel together with the 6 roommates they will be spending the first 2 weeks together with, on specific dates which we will share with them as soon as they get an entry permit.
·         Please note! You will need to bring your original birth certificate with you when crossing the border to Israel.
·         A bus will be waiting for the bochurim in the airport and bring them to the campus that the yeshiva has rented for the first 2 weeks.
First 2 weeks
The Talmidim will be staying throughout the first 2 weeks in a nice spacious campus near Yam Hamelach. The Yeshiva will iy”H do its utmost to provide the Bochurim with all of their needs.
Every group of 6 bochurim will have a separate room for 14 days.
Meals will be provided in their rooms.
We will בעז"ה  be able to have porch Minyonim whereby the Bochurin in each room will stand on their own porches and see all others.
There will be a special learning schedule for these 2 weeks along with shiurim from the rebbeim iy"H.
Back to Yeshiva
Capsule means a group which will stay together throughout the zman. The Yeshiva will be divided to groups of up to 50 bochurim in each capsule all of which from the same shiur.
After 2 weeks the talmidim will return to Beis Yisroel and will be learning in the Yeshiva’s בתי מדרשות, residing in nearby diros and receiving packaged food from the Yeshivah. Every Shiur will be its own capsule, having its own section in the Beis Medresh, own diros and their own dining room for שבתות וימים טובים. (as there will be no allowance for Shabbos Seudos outside of the capsule)
There will be no need to wear masks or social distancing while in these capsule areas.
   Bochurim will not be able to leave the Beis Yisroel neighborhood including Shabbos Seudos.
Within the Beis Yisroel neighborhood, Bochurim will be able to walk around and make necessary purchases while wearing masks and practicing social distancing. Any crowded area such as the shtiblach will be prohibited. Any bochur with specials need that will require leaving the Beis Yisroel neighborhood will need to receive special permission from the appointed person(s) who will be responsible for overseeing this matter.
The Yeshiva is trying bez”H to provide each capsule the possibility to exercise outside the Beis Yisroel neighborhood every week.
Fees
There is a one-time fee of $650 for the 2 weeks in Ein Gedi besides the regular tuition charges for the year.
Every Talmid will need to submit a $1,500 check which will be deposited only if Chalila a talmid violates any of the rules. This will be used to purchase an immediate flight back to his parents.
Please understand, that this is both a matter ofפיקוח נפש  and being very strictly regulated by the Israeli government. If חלילה  a bochur violates any of the rules, he is endangering the rest of the Bochurim, risking a tremendous chilul hashem, and jeopardizing all of the Bochurims rights to remain in ארץ ישראל. For the above reasons the Yeshiva will have a zero-tolerance policy, while trying to create the most comfortable and conducive environment for the Bochurim to Shteig.
Succos and winter
At the present moment it seems that bochurim will be able to be on their own (within Eretz Yisroel) over Succos Bein Hazmanim as long as they keep to the general Israeli health restrictions (e.g. masks, social distancing etc.)
As a reminder if you haven’t done so yet please click the following link https://forms.gle/LPFHw8383h4uqnid6 to apply for an entry permit. Please bear in mind that this might be the only opportunity to obtain an entry permit in the near future.

Offline Yonah

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 03, 2020, 02:00:10 PM »
Not from what I'm hearing. Seminaries are talking about restricting their students the whole year.

Even the schools aren't, I imagine that there will be other restrictions in place - I can't imagine throngs of these kids hanging out on Ben Yehuda or the Shuk anytime soon. As I mentioned above, we're not even sure at what point the schools would be comfortable giving them an out shabbos, and even then, are the people they would potentially stay by also have an issue hosting them?

Truthfully, I can't imagine kids being allowed to go anywhere off campus at least until succos. It would be interesting to see what yeshivos and seminaries do for what is normally vacation time - it's not like many kids have family coming to visit for Yom Tov

Offline oldguy

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 06, 2020, 03:14:54 PM »
I have a US resident trying to apply for a Permit to fly to Israel, Part of the requirements is proof of insurance for Covid-19 there. Even though Travel guard covers for Covid-19, They don't want to give me a letter stating that. Does anybody know of a insurance company that would provide a letter stating that the passenger is covered?

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: August 06, 2020, 03:38:02 PM »
Israeli citizen returning to Israel needs to quarantine? Can a negative Covid test or antibodies help? And is quarantine still in the hotels or can stay home?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 06, 2020, 04:20:30 PM »
Israeli citizen returning to Israel needs to quarantine? Can a negative Covid test or antibodies help? And is quarantine still in the hotels or can stay home?

I guess you've not been following....

Officially the only way to avoid quarantine is to have a positive COVID-19 test followed by two negative tests. Though with the new policy to be implemented in 10 days I don't see why this shouldn't change. But don't count on anything being done logically.

As far as guaranteeing at home, if I understand correctly it might be possible.
-- Dan

Offline Buruch

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 06, 2020, 04:33:14 PM »
Definitely can quarantine at home. If there are other people who didn't travel living there, I believe the traveler would have to be quarantined in one room.

Offline ah giten

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 06, 2020, 08:27:32 PM »
I guess you've not been following....

Officially the only way to avoid quarantine is to have a positive COVID-19 test followed by two negative tests. Though with the new policy to be implemented in 10 days I don't see why this shouldn't change. But don't count on anything being done logically.

As far as guaranteeing at home, if I understand correctly it might be possible.
I've been following, but I guess I wasn't.
I did know about the posotive and then 2 negatives. But didn't know there's a new policy being implemented in 10 days.

So, I guess my question was, is the old policy of a + then 2 -'s still in place?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 06, 2020, 09:38:15 PM »
I've been following, but I guess I wasn't.
I did know about the posotive and then 2 negatives. But didn't know there's a new policy being implemented in 10 days.

So, I guess my question was, is the old policy of a + then 2 -'s still in place?

Just ask @aygart, I'm sure he has the most up to date information.
-- Dan