Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 642960 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Israel (Not) Reopening To Foreigners
« Reply #460 on: October 19, 2020, 09:44:21 AM »
Another question:
Does anyone know how to apply for an ishur for business related reasons?
Local consulate
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 19, 2020, 09:44:53 AM »
Is there any way to check the list?
I guess you can call them (use the pretense of asking when quarantine is over)
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #462 on: October 19, 2020, 12:18:42 PM »
I guess you can call them (use the pretense of asking when quarantine is over)

א שאלה איז טרף

My source in EY just sent me a voicenote saying that the implementation of the procedure to allow exit from isolation based on antibody tests has been postponed by two weeks. I haven't yet seen anything written.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 19, 2020, 01:11:58 PM »
א שאלה איז טרף

My source in EY just sent me a voicenote saying that the implementation of the procedure to allow exit from isolation based on antibody tests has been postponed by two weeks. I haven't yet seen anything written.
Interesting...the seminary my wife works in said the girls who have antibodies are not patur from bidud, only the girls who tested positive. I guess that's based on the above
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline avromie7

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 19, 2020, 01:27:29 PM »
Dont be so afraid of officially needing to be in quarantine.

I came back recently from israel the quarantine in NYC is more strict then israel

NYC called me every day to ask if im quarantined. ..just asked but they did something

in israel nobody called nobody came to check. you don't even need to write a building number where you go. Nothing
In NY if you don't fill out any papers they don't know you need to quarantine. In Israel people were caught, including someone who left his phone but they tracked his rav kav.
I wonder what people who type "u" instead of "you" do with all their free time.

Offline shulemw

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: October 20, 2020, 09:03:18 AM »
I did not fill out any papers when arrived to NY and they still called me vs. israel that I filled out detailed papers and nobody called

Offline IsraelDeals

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 20, 2020, 09:10:41 AM »
So officially, if you have an anti-body test, you can skip quarantine (even form a red country), but otherwise, they may or may not check on you during your quarantine. If you decide not to keep it... then don't bring your phone along as they can triangulate the location.

Online Dawie

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 20, 2020, 09:37:55 AM »
2 points for Bachurim travelling
Instructions for Ishur not clear
Lines of people waiting to get on planes missing crucial documents, very frustrating
Besides the Ishur, you need to fill out and Entry Clearance and an Isolation Report
The instructions for the Ishur only mention the Isolation report....

In Israel the authorities are telling the Bachurim there is no testing for antibodies to shorten the Bidud and no such facilities in the airport... there clearly is... they said it's meant for them
a couple guys did try it and the clinic said they will call them in 4 days to tell them if they can shorten quarantine (dont wait by the phone?) also they may have had the positive and negative test

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #468 on: October 20, 2020, 09:38:50 AM »
So officially, if you have an anti-body test, you can skip quarantine (even form a red country), but otherwise, they may or may not check on you during your quarantine. If you decide not to keep it... then don't bring your phone along as they can triangulate the location.

How are they going to triangulate a phone they have no information about (put GV phone number on the form)?
-- Dan

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 20, 2020, 10:07:42 AM »

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 20, 2020, 11:16:04 AM »
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/featured/1911652/new-israel-changes-rules-for-those-arriving-antibodies-exemptions-suspended.html

As I wrote.

Seemingly the reasons are bureaucratic/financial with disagreement over who will get the contract for the testing, logistics, etc. So the process is valid, but there's no practical implementation (though Chaim V'Chesed write that Health Ministry told them that one can go out of quarantine to have the test done, as long as not in a hospital setting). DW, realizing that her being told she doesn't need to quarantine might have been inaccurate went to Hadassah Medical to have it done. Despite being told that an appointment is reqired, they see people on a first come first served basis even without an appointment, so she had a long wait. They said results within 24 hours.
-- Dan

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 20, 2020, 11:45:25 AM »
And here it is in writing.

אנטיסמיטן!
-- Dan

Offline Jack out of the box

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase UR, BA Avios, AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, SPG
« Reply #473 on: October 21, 2020, 08:04:27 PM »
As I wrote.
Seemingly the reasons are bureaucratic/financial with disagreement over who will get the contract for the testing, logistics, etc. So the process is valid, but there's no practical implementation (though Chaim V'Chesed write that Health Ministry told them that one can go out of quarantine to have the test done, as long as not in a hospital setting). DW, realizing that her being told she doesn't need to quarantine might have been inaccurate went to Hadassah Medical to have it done. Despite being told that an appointment is reqired, they see people on a first come first served basis even without an appointment, so she had a long wait. They said results within 24 hours.
Covid tests here are only PCR and the system is run only by MADA. There is a low-cost, highly accurate, instant test invented in Israel but it's not being used in Israel - it's being tested in European airports. I often wonder why here there is only one option but for some strange reason my mind always wanders towards "politics".

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 21, 2020, 09:26:57 PM »
Covid tests here are only PCR and the system is run only by MADA. There is a low-cost, highly accurate, instant test invented in Israel but it's not being used in Israel - it's being tested in European airports. I often wonder why here there is only one option but for some strange reason my mind always wanders towards "politics".
I let out my frustration about this today to someone high up in a certain large Israeli municipality. I told him that if this is resolved, his city would benefit from a tourism influx from thousands who previously had Covid-19 but never got a positive PCR test.

He told me he is passing on my message to some contacts at the ministry of interior. He said if anything could be accomplished it would be there. He said the ministry of health is a total mess and chaos, it's impossible to get anything reasonable from them.
-- Dan

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 21, 2020, 11:19:11 PM »
Here's another interesting DP.

I know of someone who traveled from Australia to EY this week. Given the scarcity of flights, and many restrictions on interline connections, it ended up being on two separate tickets, with the first being from Australia to IST, and a separate ticket from IST to TLV.

Current regulations say that if you came from a "green" country you don't need to quarantine. However, when obtaining the boarding permission onto the flight arriving in TLV, one puts that flight number. So the permission slip said the person was flying from Australia on a TK flight number. That person was not required to quarantine as there was no exiting of the terminal building (I don't know how they might be able to track that, other than relying on passenger statement.
-- Dan

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 23, 2020, 09:22:52 AM »
Any recent DP on people leaving Israel before the official 14 days are up? If you have a letter clearing you from quarantine do they still make you stay at least 14 days?

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 23, 2020, 09:51:37 AM »
Any recent DP on people leaving Israel before the official 14 days are up? If you have a letter clearing you from quarantine do they still make you stay at least 14 days?

They definitely don't allow you to go on a flight, even if a few hours short of 14 days. As of this week they will also fine you.

When one has a פטור מבידוד letter there's no issue (did someone say immunity passport?)
-- Dan

Online tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 25, 2020, 12:17:26 PM »

Not about exiting the country, but SIL who is the only one in DW's family to have had a positive PCR test from the spring, entered EY and was told to quarantine. Supposedly once she gets a negative PCR test in EY she can exit quarantine. Police came to check on her today.
-- Dan