Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 643528 times)

Offline Pad18

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 9
    • View Profile
Re: Israel (Not) Reopening To Foreigners
« Reply #560 on: December 13, 2020, 10:13:42 AM »
I wonder how the quarantine rules will be affected by the upcoming elections. My recollection is that one must be in Israel to vote and that people fly in from out of the country to do so. If they need to quarantine for that it can change this metric. How will that affect Bibi's decision making regarding quarantine?

I have a d different questions, how much % of people will actually fly in to vote for the 4th time in 2 years ..

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #561 on: December 13, 2020, 10:14:21 AM »
I wonder how the quarantine rules will be affected by the upcoming elections. My recollection is that one must be in Israel to vote and that people fly in from out of the country to do so. If they need to quarantine for that it can change this metric. How will that affect Bibi's decision making regarding quarantine?

I don't see why they wouldn't put a voting booth at LLBG. AFAIK anyone can vote at any location by claiming they cannot get to their designate polling place. And it is against privacy laws to question such a claim.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 13, 2020, 11:27:36 AM »
People flying in to vote are gonna skew heavily anti Bibbi. However, Bibbi is only going to elections because he assumes Covid will be over then. 60k vaccines/day * 100 days...
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #563 on: December 13, 2020, 11:32:31 AM »
People flying in to vote are gonna skew heavily anti Bibbi. However, Bibbi is only going to elections because he assumes Covid will be over then. 60k vaccines/day * 100 days...
But if they are out of the country then they are not part of that calculation.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: December 13, 2020, 11:32:37 AM »
People flying in to vote are gonna skew heavily anti Bibi.
Source?

Online PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 13, 2020, 11:49:26 AM »
But if they are out of the country then they are not part of that calculation.
I know but once there is sufficient herd immunity in Israel there won't be any point of keeping the border closed, Bibbi's whole calculation is that by March Covid will be over
Source?
Everywhere in the world educated/wealthy/city dwellers who are more likely to travel in the first place and more likely to be able to afford to fly into Israel to vote, vote left. I support Bibbi but that's just the way it is.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 13, 2020, 12:06:07 PM »
Everywhere in the world educated/wealthy/city dwellers who are more likely to travel in the first place and more likely to be able to afford to fly into Israel to vote, vote left.
Precisely what I’m questioning. Granted there is selection bias. But I know of many people who have flown in every single time, and all voted for right winged parties.

Offline S209

• Dansdeals Lifetime Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #567 on: December 13, 2020, 12:14:55 PM »
Precisely what I’m questioning. Granted there is selection bias. But I know of many people who have flown in every single time, and all voted for right winged parties.
That’s likely selection bias the other way- “people you know” tend to vote right wing.
Quote from: YitzyS
Quotes in a signature is annoying, as it comes across as an independent post.

Offline Kobe Bryant

• View Profile
« Reply #568 on: December 13, 2020, 12:57:45 PM »
That’s likely selection bias the other way- “people you know” tend to vote right wing.
That is precisely what I said.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
  • Programs: Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC, National EE, Rock Royalty Wild Card, Wyndham Diamond, MLife Gold, Caesars Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Uber VIP, IHG Platinum Elite, ANA Platinum, DDF Lifetime Prez Platinum Elite, AmEx Platinum
« Reply #569 on: December 13, 2020, 01:01:40 PM »
That is precisely what I said.
Your intent wasn’t apparent from the way you structured your sentences. It appeared that you were admitting there is some selection bias but were disagreeing with the extent of it. I do see how what you said could be interpreted the way you intended though.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #570 on: December 13, 2020, 05:11:49 PM »

While it's possible that @Kobe Bryant is presenting selection bias, there are several logical arguments that can be made to support it.

Left wing are less nationalistic. They would have to suffer from extreme BDS to justify a trip for the purpose of participating in an election.

Back in 5749 there were people sponsoring tickets from the US in order to vote for UTJ (and possibly other parties). I don't think the left ever undertook anything of the sort.

And I will just sign off by stating that IMO Bibbi is a lot smarter than anyone on DDF, and definitely knows more and is more experienced. I believe he knows what he's doing (to the extent he has any control).
-- Dan

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #572 on: December 13, 2020, 06:03:59 PM »
Bibbi is a lot smarter than anyone on DDF

Offline iluv2travel

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 13, 2020, 06:19:02 PM »

Except you 😉.

But he most likely does understand the world of Israeli politics better than any of us. I'm assuming that that's what was meant by that statement.

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #574 on: December 13, 2020, 07:08:46 PM »
Except you 😉.

But he most likely does understand the world of Israeli politics better than any of us. I'm assuming that that's what was meant by that statement.
I agree with this part of the post
and definitely knows more and is more experienced. I believe he knows what he's doing (to the extent he has any control).
but not
Bibbi is a lot smarter than anyone on DDF

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 13, 2020, 08:05:18 PM »
Can't view

Try Opera private mode.

כולם מדברים על אייל גולן, אבל 32 ישראלים חזרו מדובאי חיוביים לקורונה. זו הסיבה
בזמן שמשרד הבריאות דן בשינוי הסטטוס של איחוד האמירויות ממדינה ירוקה לאדומה, הועלתה הצעה לשנות את הקריטריונים להחלטה ■ משרד החוץ ואנשי תחום התעופה הפעילו לחצים - וההצעה נגנזה

הדר קנה

חזרתו של הזמר אייל גולן מדובאי עם תוצאה חיובית-גבולית לקורונה עשתה אמנם רעש תקשורתי, אבל הוא ממש לא היחיד. על פי נתוני משרד הבריאות, מאז שהחלו הטיסות לדובאי באוקטובר, נמצאו 32 ישראלים חיוביים לקורונה, מתוך 4,931 שחזרו משם בסך הכול.

אמנם אין זה מספר גבוה המצדיק הפיכה של איחוד האמירויות מממדינה ירוקה לאדומה, אך הנתון בהחלט מדאיג את משרד הבריאות, שחושש כי הנהירה ליעד תביא לכאן חולים רבים. גם התורים הארוכים בנתב"ג מעוררים את החשש כי אחוזי התחלואה יעלו - דקה לפני מבצע החיסונים הנרחב המיועד למגר את המחלה.

בתחום התעופה מתנגדים באופן נחרץ לבקשה להפוך את דובאי לאדומה, והפעילו לחץ חזק להשאירה ירוקה – בעיקר מסיבות כלכליות
מהעבר השני, במשרד החוץ מתנגדים בתוקף לשינוי הסטטוס של איחוד האמירויות, מחשש לתקרית דיפלומטית עם המדינה שרק לאחרונה נפתחה לישראלים לאחר הסכמי הנורמליזציה שנחתמו. אל משרד החוץ מצטרפים אנשים בתחום התעופה, המתנגדים באופן נחרץ לבקשה להפוך את איחוד האמירויות לאדומה. החשש שלהם הוא כי החלטה תפגע בתיירים הנוסעים ליעד - כרגע מעט החמצן לענף התיירות שכמעט ולא פועל מתחילת המשבר.

הנתונים אינם מצדיקים שינוי סטטוס
מספר הבדיקות החיוביות של חולי קורונה החוזרים מאיחוד האמירויות החל לעלות בהדרגה, וכבר בשבוע שעבר נדרש לכך משרד הבריאות: צוות מקצוע המורכב מאנשי משרדי הבריאות והחוץ ונציגי ממשלה נוספים התכנס, ודן בשאלה אם להפוך את איחוד האמירויות לאיזור אדום.

הצוות בחן את נתוני התחלואה באיחוד, והגיע למסקנה שהנתונים היבשים, המורכבים בין היתר ממספר החולים הממוצע במדינה בשבועיים האחרונים, אחוז הבדיקות ל-100 אלף איש, מספר החולים קשה ומספר המתים - אינם מצדיקים את שינוי הסטטוס של המדינה.

במסגרת הדיונים, עלתה הצעה לשנות את הקריטריונים, אבל מהר ירדו מהרעיון בשל שתי סיבות מרכזיות: נציגי משרד החוץ הבהירו מיד כי שינוי הקריטריונים עלול לא להתקבל בעין יפה באיחוד האמירויות, מה שעלול היה ליצור משבר דיפלומטי. השנייה - השינוי היה מכניס מדינות ירוקות נוספות לקטוגריה אדומה, לדוגמה יפן - וזה היה יוצר בעיה מול עוד מדינות. את זה אף אחד לא רצה לעשות.
הצוות גם הגיע למסקנה מרכזית אחת: הבעיה היא לא אחוזי התחלואה באיחוד האמירויות, אלא ההתנהגות של הישראלים שנוסעים לשם.

"הישראלים נוסעים לשם ומתנהגים כמו בקרקס. עולים אחד על השני בהופעות של אייל גולן ועומר אדם, לא עוטים מסכות, מצטופפים בנתב"ג ובבתי המלון. זה יתפוצץ לנו בפרצוף, אבל זה לא באשמת האמירותיים ואין דרך למנוע את זה אלא לסגור לחלוטין את השמיים", אומר גורם ממשלתי המעורב בנושא.

הצוות הגיע למסקנה מרכזית אחת: הבעיה היא לא אחוזי התחלואה בדובאי, אלא ההתנהגות של הישראלים שנוסעים לשם
באופן כללי, ידוע כי לתיירות יש אופי מתקהל - מה שאומר שאנשים שנוסעים לאיחוד האמירויות נוטים להצטופף במטוס, בהסעות ובבתי המלון, וזה מעמיד בסיכון הדבקה גבוה יותר את הנוסעים.

בתחום התעופה מתנגדים מסיבות כלכליות
לפי נתוני רשות שדות התעופה, בדצמבר צפויים להגיע לאיחוד האמירויות כ-50 אלף נוסעים (הלוך ושוב) ביותר מ-300 טיסות. חברת התעופה פליי דובאי כבר מוציאה אבע טיסות יומיות לאורך כל החודש, וגם חברות התעופה הישראליות ישראייר, אל על וארקיע החלו להפעיל את קוויהן למדינה המפרצית.

בתחום התעופה מתנגדים באופן נחרץ לבקשה להפוך את איחוד האמירויות לאדומה, והפעילו לחץ חזק להשאירה ירוקה, בעיקר מסיבות כלכליות: בימים אלה כמעט אין תיירות יוצאת מישראל למעט לדובאי, לאיי סיישל ןמעט מאוד ליעדים אחרים. עם פתיחת היעד, החלה התעניינות גוברת של הישראלים באמירויות כיעד תיירותי - וזה בערך מקור ההכנסה היחיד לענף שחטף מתחילת משבר הקורונה מהלומה ממנה רבים לא יצליחו להתאושש. באמירויות דורשים בדיקת קורונה שלילית כתנאי לכניסה למדינה.
המתנגדים טוענים בתוקף כי התחלואה באיחוד האמירויות לא מצדיקה את סגירת היעד - מאחר שלטענתם, מספר החולים שהגיעו משם אינו גבוה: "מדובר באחוזים מזעריים של חולים ביחס לכמות שנסעה לשם", טוען גורם בכיר בתחום התעופה שהיה מעורב בדיונים.
כמו כן, נתוני התחלואה באיחוד האמירויות יציבים יחסית (כלומר אין עלייה), לטענתם, ועומדים על כ-1,100 מקרים ביום - מתוך אוכלוסייה הנאמדת בכ-9.6 מיליון תושבים.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 08:16:16 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 13, 2020, 08:17:36 PM »

אדרבא . Please name DDFers you believe are smarter than Bibbi.
-- Dan

Offline S209

• View Profile
    • Gowns By Shevy
« Reply #578 on: December 13, 2020, 08:54:26 PM »
אדרבא . Please name DDFers you believe are smarter than Bibbi.
I’m sure many are. Bibi isn’t who he is just because of his intelligence, although he’s certainly smart. He’s also a fantastic politician, ambitious, charismatic, confident, and tough. That’s why he is who he is.

Offline Jack out of the box

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Chase UR, BA Avios, AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus, SPG
« Reply #579 on: December 13, 2020, 08:59:28 PM »
I’m sure many are. Bibi isn’t who he is just because of his intelligence, although he’s certainly smart. He’s also a fantastic politician, ambitious, charismatic, confident, and tough. That’s why he is who he is.
I think we've veered of course here. This is not a politics thread. (No this is not a political statement.)