Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 660423 times)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: ISRAEL AIRPORT CLOSING ON MONDAY!
« Reply #740 on: January 27, 2021, 12:48:50 PM »
Temporarily barring exiting the country isn't really more of an infringement on peoples movement rights than limiting people from leaving the 1KM radius from home.

On Yom Kippur all the borders are closed for 24h (@ExGingi constantly mentions his fantasy that it would be so every shabbos), now it's 14 days.

The courts in Israel have yet to strike down a Covid restriction that I'm aware of.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #741 on: January 27, 2021, 12:53:00 PM »
(@ExGingi constantly mentions his fantasy that it would be so every shabbos)

Interesting way of phrasing things. Do you also call ותחזינה עינינו בשובך לציון ברחמים a fantasy?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 27, 2021, 12:57:22 PM »
Land borders close as of 6am.

שר הפנים אריה דרעי: ייסגרו מעברי הגבול היבשתיים לכניסת ישראלים וזרים עד ליום 31.1.2021 

שר הפנים אריה דרעי: ייסגרו מעברי הגבול היבשתיים לכניסת ישראלים וזרים עד ליום 31.1.2021
בהמשך להחלטת הממשלה על סגירת נתב״ג להמראות ולנחיתות, ובמטרה להשלים את המאמצים המשותפים למניעת הרחבת התחלואה, הודיע כעת (יום ד׳) שר הפנים, אריה דרעי, כי מעברי הגבול היבשתיים (נהר הירדן, טאבה, ערבה) ייסגרו לכניסת ישראלים וזרים.

תוקף הצו יהיה החל ממחר, 28.1.2021, בשעה 06:00 ועד ליום ראשון, 31.1.2021.
מעברי הגבול עליהם יחול הצו הם: נהר הירדן, טאבה וערבה.
מעבר אלנבי יישאר פתוח למעבר תושבי יהודה ושומרון.

Interesting way of phrasing things. Do you also call ותחזינה עינינו בשובך לציון ברחמים a fantasy?
Discussing the possibility the state of Israel will close Ben Gurion on Shabbos as if it's as likely as snow coming next week, is a fantasy.

Moshiach coming today is possible, but that's also been the case for the last 700,000 days, so the probability isn't high, unfortunately. 
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #743 on: January 27, 2021, 01:26:04 PM »
Discussing the possibility the state of Israel will close Ben Gurion on Shabbos as if it's as likely as snow coming next week, is a fantasy.

Moshiach coming today is possible, but that's also been the case for the last 700,000 days, so the probability isn't high, unfortunately.

Since you seem to like to have the last word. I will just leave it at that.
-- Dan

Offline chinagel

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 27, 2021, 01:47:09 PM »
so the probability isn't high, unfortunately.
Oish.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 27, 2021, 02:13:40 PM »

You remind me of this recent discussion on the topic:
https://seforimblog.com/2020/11/rabbi-steinman-and-the-messiah-part-1/
https://seforimblog.com/2020/12/rabbi-steinman-and-the-messiah-part-2/
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 27, 2021, 02:30:17 PM »
You remind me of this recent discussion on the topic:
https://seforimblog.com/2020/11/rabbi-steinman-and-the-messiah-part-1/
https://seforimblog.com/2020/12/rabbi-steinman-and-the-messiah-part-2/

I will try to phrase it in the most PC way (I'll get flamed anyway), and I know it's going far OT, but I've been wondering lately how much of what appears to some to be a tendency to discount reality (Rebbishe stories, covid precautions, איבה in general) in the Chassidish world stems from the actual derech Chassidus as taught by the Baal Shem Tov (like believing in Nissim and influences other than nature) vs communal herd mentality evolution (like the broader movement to wear B&W and hats and that my Rebbe must be the greatest Rebbe)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 27, 2021, 02:33:51 PM »
I will try to phrase it in the most PC way (I'll get flamed anyway), and I know it's going far OT, but I've been wondering lately how much of what appears to some to be a tendency to discount reality (Rebbishe stories, covid precautions, איבה in general) in the Chassidish world stems from the actual derech Chassidus as taught by the Baal Shem Tov (like believing in Nissim and influences other than nature) vs communal herd mentality evolution (like the broader movement to wear B&W and hats and that my Rebbe must be the greatest Rebbe)

I’m not taking any positions. I thoroughly enjoyed what I read in those links you’re quoting.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 27, 2021, 02:34:20 PM »
I’m not taking any positions. I thoroughly enjoyed what I read in those links you’re quoting.
As did I, thank you.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 27, 2021, 02:44:24 PM »

On second thought, are you suggesting herd-mentality/group-think are more prevalent in the Chassidic community than in the Yeshivish community?

Because it seems you’re implying that, and I think they’re about equal.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #750 on: January 27, 2021, 04:50:37 PM »
Aviation update:
 Tonight, the Ministry of Transportation approved a single daily flight that will depart from the country to Frankfurt in the morning and return the same afternoon. Performed by Israir.  Passengers, who have a special exit permit from the Exceptions Committee, will purchase the flight ticket.  Israelis returning to Israel do not need a special permit.  Scheduled to take place on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.  Continuation according to government decisions regarding closure and closure of Ben Gurion Airport

On second thought, are you suggesting herd-mentality/group-think are more prevalent in the Chassidic community than in the Yeshivish community?

Because it seems you’re implying that, and I think they’re about equal.
No, I’m questioning whether those elements in chassidim emerged from herd mentality as opposed to hashkafa, I agree there is probably just as much herd mentality in both communities it just brings about different outcomes

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #751 on: January 27, 2021, 04:54:19 PM »
How does one contact the "Exceptions Committee?"
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 27, 2021, 05:00:45 PM »
govforms.gov.il/mw/forms/TisaHarigaEn@mot.gov.il

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 27, 2021, 05:03:17 PM »
No, I’m questioning whether those elements in chassidim emerged from herd mentality as opposed to hashkafa, I agree there is probably just as much herd mentality in both communities it just brings about different outcomes

You believe there's more COVID denial in KJ/Williamsburg/BP than Lakewood?

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 27, 2021, 05:18:40 PM »
I will try to phrase it in the most PC way (I'll get flamed anyway), and I know it's going far OT, but I've been wondering lately how much of what appears to some to be a tendency to discount reality (Rebbishe stories, covid precautions, איבה in general) in the Chassidish world stems from the actual derech Chassidus as taught by the Baal Shem Tov (like believing in Nissim and influences other than nature)

As for it stemming from the תורת הבעש"ט see:

https://chabadlibrary.org/books/admur/lkus/33/10/1/index.htm or https://beta.hebrewbooks.org/reader/reader.aspx?sfid=15902#p=176&fitMode=fitwidth&hlts=&ocr=

vs communal herd mentality evolution (like the broader movement to wear B&W and hats and that my Rebbe must be the greatest Rebbe)

I cannot speak for any Chosid of any Rebbe, but is that really how they view it? Or is it that he is a great Rebbe and leader of my own derech (or sect)?.
-- Dan

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 27, 2021, 05:47:04 PM »
I think so, but I could be wrong. In Israel the difference appears to be more polar and is contributing to a breakup between the yeshivish & Chassidish parties

I’m guessing foreign citizens will be allowed to leave without a special exemption

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #757 on: January 27, 2021, 05:52:21 PM »

I cannot speak for any Chosid of any Rebbe, but is that really how they view it? Or is it that he is a great Rebbe and leader of my own derech (or sect)?.
נשיא הדור?
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #758 on: January 27, 2021, 05:53:48 PM »
Yes. In Lakewood it is rare for someone to prevent a person from wearing a mask. I know a few people who wore masks in Willi and were asked if they were preparing for purim.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 27, 2021, 06:07:22 PM »
Yes. In Lakewood it is rare for someone to prevent a person from wearing a mask. I know a few people who wore masks in Willi and were asked if they were preparing for purim.
I think the DDF posts are skewed because the arguments are coming more from Lakewood types who are busy posing alternate theories, while the chassidim are more prone to thinking there’s anything to argue about