Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 642930 times)

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Re: ISRAEL AIRPORT CLOSING ON MONDAY!
« Reply #1440 on: March 01, 2021, 12:52:39 PM »
ALOL. What exactly do you want me to report about? The Israeli bureaucracy? The constantly changing rules? The runaround one gets here when requiring service?

Makes me wonder how in the world people live in this place.
Sure, all of your experiences there. What it's like without tourists. Etc.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 01, 2021, 12:57:24 PM »
I'm getting cautiously optimistic

פרסום ראשון: המתווה לפתיחת השמיים, אותו תציג השרה רגב - ביטול ועדת החריגים; ישראלים יוכלו לצאת לחו"ל למעט ליעדים אותם יגדיר משרד הבריאות; לנתב"ג יוכלו להגיע כ-3,000 ישראלים ביום; פטור מבידוד למחוסנים; חובת בדיקות קורונה 72 שעות לפני ההגעה לשדה ועם ההגעה אליו; ישראלים שלא התחסנו יישלחו למלוניות או לבידוד באמצעות צמיד אלקטורני

https://mobile.mako.co.il/news-reporters_chat?messageId=204420&utm_source=SharedChatMessage&utm_medium=Other&partner=SharedChatMessage

Bracelet trial started today for FRA-TLV pax

https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1366434973708914688

״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #1442 on: March 01, 2021, 01:07:00 PM »
So regev's plan calls for all Israelis allowed in, starting Sunday. And allowing Israelis to leave the country, except to certain destinations (TBD) towards which there won't be flights

https://twitter.com/ynetalerts/status/1366448902157733889?s=19

@ExGingi isnt cause to be cautiously optimistic? :-)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 01:13:52 PM by tavster »

Offline Happyguy

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 01, 2021, 01:13:50 PM »
ALOL. What exactly do you want me to report about? The Israeli bureaucracy? The constantly changing rules? The runaround one gets here when requiring service?

Did you make Aliya?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1444 on: March 01, 2021, 01:18:59 PM »
Did you make Aliya?
Hahahahahahahaha
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
Re: Israel (Not) Reopening To Foreigners
« Reply #1445 on: March 01, 2021, 01:21:55 PM »
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline tavster

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #1446 on: March 01, 2021, 01:26:27 PM »
Shouldnt we merge this thread with 'Israel Airport Closing Monday'?

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 01, 2021, 02:07:20 PM »

Eh, after living here for 4 years, I haven't had any major problems with bureaucracy - it's mostly knowing how to deal with it and having the right attitude

(for instance - went yesterday for an antibody test for my kids at the kupah - lady in the lab yells at me for coming without an appointment. I take it over the head and don't argue. Continue to wait. A few minutes later another lady comes out and ask why I didn't make an appointment, I explained I tried but there were none available and didn't want my kids to have to miss another day of school for it. A little while later, first lady agrees to take us without an appointment and is extremely friendly - asking my kids where they go to school, etc. I could have left after I got yelled at. I could have gotten upset. You just have to know how it works and roll with the punches)
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Danlover111

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 01, 2021, 02:27:38 PM »
Eh, after living here for 4 years, I haven't had any major problems with bureaucracy - it's mostly knowing how to deal with it and having the right attitude

(for instance - went yesterday for an antibody test for my kids at the kupah - lady in the lab yells at me for coming without an appointment. I take it over the head and don't argue. Continue to wait. A few minutes later another lady comes out and ask why I didn't make an appointment, I explained I tried but there were none available and didn't want my kids to have to miss another day of school for it. A little while later, first lady agrees to take us without an appointment and is extremely friendly - asking my kids where they go to school, etc. I could have left after I got yelled at. I could have gotten upset. You just have to know how it works and roll with the punches)
+1000
Had the same exact thing with my son last week.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 01, 2021, 03:02:29 PM »

And people wonder why everyone doesn't want to make aliya...

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1450 on: March 01, 2021, 03:11:37 PM »
Sure, all of your experiences there. What it's like without tourists. Etc.

So far my experiences are mostly irrelevant to almost anyone. I am not here as a tourist, I came for a very specific reason (and possibly for some other very specific activities which might only be relevant to a very specific subset of people). I don't usually go to any places that tourists care about.

I've reported my antibody tests experience (waiting to see if Ichilov will actually refund). Dealing with businesses here isn't pleasant. They just don't have any concept of customer service and are experts at saying no. Yes, I agree with @Ergel's statement about knowing to take the punches, and flowing with it, it still took an extremely long time and having to see 3 clerks just to get a new passport (which is supposed to be sent to me postage collect - never seen that, I offered to give them a prepaid UPS label but it didn't fit any of the boxes). I was actually shocked at the attempt of one of the clerks to use white-out over something I checked (granted it wasn't a legal form, just an information form, but I doubt any government office in the US even allows white-out on anyone's desk).

Other than the airport being empty, and masks worn everywhere, I saw nothing remarkable. Was hoping not to have to deal with traffic, but I still had to spend lots of time in traffic (though it might have not been as bad as it normally is).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online Yehudaa

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 111
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 01, 2021, 03:35:25 PM »
Any ruling from Rabbis on what to do about Shabbos?
The first person that came to mind when you asked this was Pollard as there was that article going around showing him cutting off his bracelet.

When I googled it, this article came up. I have no idea who Rabbi Pesach Lerner is, but he seems to be saying that the problem is charging it on shabbos, not wearing it.

Online yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 01, 2021, 03:39:09 PM »
I have no idea who Rabbi Pesach Lerner is
Really?

"Rabbi Pesach Lerner is the Executive Vice-President Emeritus of the National Council of Young Israel, where he served for 25 years. He is the chairman of the Eretz HaKodesh slate to the World Zionist Congress, and is co-chairman of the American Friends of the International Young Israel movement, Israel region. Rabbi Lerner holds Rabbinic ordination and advanced degrees in Talmudic Law from the Ner Israel Rabbinical College of Baltimore, MD, and also holds undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate degrees in Business, Education and Not-for-Profit Organizational Systems. Rabbi Lerner speaks throughout the United States and Israel on the Land and State of Israel, the greater Jewish community, and the world of the not-for-profit organization. His articles have been published in numerous Jewish newspapers and magazines."

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 01, 2021, 03:40:05 PM »
And people wonder why everyone doesn't want to make aliya...
shame on anyone who doesnt move here for such reasons

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 01, 2021, 03:46:00 PM »
shame on anyone who doesnt move here for such reasons
Lol, OK.

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: March 01, 2021, 03:58:39 PM »
Dealing with businesses here isn't pleasant. They just don't have any concept of customer service and are experts at saying no.
One of my biggest pet peeves. It's mind boggling how unhelpful business are. It's like they don't want your business

There is one (of many) nuts/candy store in the neighborhood where the owner truly cares and is helpful and he gets all of our business. Just for putting on a smile and asking if you need help.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 04:02:13 PM by Ergel »
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: March 01, 2021, 04:02:35 PM »
One of my biggest pet peeves. It's mind boggling how unhelpful business are. It's like they don't want your business
Just business?
DIB attitude is just not fun to deal with. Too many battle scars from my relatively short times in Israel  :(

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: March 01, 2021, 04:10:06 PM »
Can anyone assist?

My nephew is scheduled to depart tomorrow from Israel - to attend his brother's wedding - but cannot locate his passport?

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 04:39:36 PM by th0306 »

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1458 on: March 01, 2021, 04:57:56 PM »

There is one (of many) nuts/candy store in the neighborhood where the owner truly cares and is helpful and he gets all of our business. Just for putting on a smile and asking if you need help.

A phone that is especially suited for seniors was purchased in August. It is malfunctioning and should still be under warranty. Called the seller's service department, automated system says I'm #7 on line. I patiently wait for about half an hour until it says I'm next in-line, the next activity was a disconnect. Called again, I'm #4 in line. After 20 minutes I get the privilege to talk to someone who tells me the phone should be under warranty and I need to call the distributor. He looks up the number online for me (no regular number, just a *xxxx number, so if I wasn't physically in Israel, I would have no way to deal with this). I call that number and am told they will send me a list of repair centers. I look at the list and find one that's within a reasonable distance. It's in a mall. Finding the actual store took some time, but I'm finally in and take a number. For about 40 minutes no number gets called. A person ahead of me on line starts making a fuss, they start moving the numbers (this is within an hour of closing). Finally when it's my turn, the rep looks at the phone, opens it up and sees some kind of green label inside. Talks to another associate and then tells me they won't repair the phone under warranty, I need to call the distributor directly, they are just agents for the distributor. I told them that I contacted the distributor and was told to come here. Nothing doing. They just tell me to call the distributor again tomorrow morning. I ask to get a written statement (I'm not @Dan, didn't think of videoing the encounter until after I left) that they won't repair it and I need to talk to the distributor directly. "We don't give such written statements". Next morning I call the distributor, give the IMEI number - "the phone isn't under warranty". I state the purchase date. "Oh, you need to contact the seller so they activate the warranty" (remember the phone experience with the seller above? luckily they also have a whatsapp contact, I send a whatsapp message about activating the warranty and haven't heard back).

I deliberately didn't break up the above to be more readable, just to convey a little frustration of the experience. They just make it as difficult as they can, and don't even try to be forthcoming. COVID-19 just gives additional excuses for bad service. Let's not talk about my experience with a bank and a POA that they refuse to accept. And then there's the experience with ועדת חריגים trying to get out of here (on Thursday there was an online form where one was able to get exit permission as long as they agree not to come back withing 60 days, by Sunday the form was offline - they probably realized that there was no legal way to require people to make such commitments).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 05:03:36 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: March 01, 2021, 05:03:07 PM »
A phone that is especially suited for seniors was purchased in August. It is malfunctioning and should still be under warranty. Called the seller's service department, automated system says I'm #7 on line. I patiently wait for about half an hour until it says I'm next in-line, the next activity was a disconnect. Called again, I'm #4 in line. After 20 minutes I get the privilege to talk to someone who tells me the phone should be under warranty and I need to call the distributor. He looks up the number online for me (no regular number, just a *xxxx number, so if I wasn't physically in Israel, I would have no way to deal with this). I call that number and am told they will send me a list of repair centers. I look at the list and find one that's within a reasonable distance. It's in a mall. Finding the actual store took some time, but I'm finally in and take a number. For about 40 minutes no number gets called. A person ahead of me on line starts making a fuss, they start moving the numbers (this is within an hour of closing). Finally when it's my turn, the rep looks at the phone, opens it up and sees some kind of green label inside. Talks to another associate and then tells me they won't repair the phone under warranty, I need to call the distributor directly, they are just agents for the distributor. I told them that I contacted the distributor and was told to come here. Nothing doing. They just tell me to call the distributor again tomorrow morning. I ask to get a written statement (I'm not @Dan, didn't think of videoing the encounter until after I left) that they won't repair it and I need to talk to the distributor directly. "We don't give such written statements". Next morning I call the distributor, give the IMEI number - "the phone isn't under warranty". I state the purchase date. "Oh, you need to contact the seller so they activate the warranty" (remember the phone experience with the seller above? luckily they also have a whatsapp contact, I send a whatsapp message about activating the warranty and haven't heard back).

I deliberately didn't break up the above to be more readable, just to convey a little frustration of the experience. They just make it as difficult as they can, and don't even try to be forthcoming. COVID-19 just gives additional excuses for bad service. Let's not talk about my experience with a bank and a POA that they refuse to accept.
It's not just a cell phone. It's Israel!