Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 642750 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: ISRAEL AIRPORT CLOSING ON MONDAY!
« Reply #1460 on: March 01, 2021, 05:05:19 PM »
It's not just a cell phone. It's Israel!

Wrong, the phone isn't Israel, it's the sellers and distributors. The phone is actually very decent for it's intended purpose, it just happens to have malfunctioned and needs repair, that it where the "fun" starts.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1461 on: March 01, 2021, 05:06:06 PM »
GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!
-- Dan

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1462 on: March 01, 2021, 05:23:30 PM »
Wrong, the phone isn't Israel, it's the sellers and distributors. The phone is actually very decent for it's intended purpose, it just happens to have malfunctioned and needs repair, that it where the "fun" starts.

@YitzyS' marketing department determined that slogan would not be as catchy.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: March 01, 2021, 05:32:06 PM »
@YitzyS' marketing department determined that slogan would not be as catchy.

How's the following one: Get a phone with lots of "fun" - get it in Israel!
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
Re: Israel (Not) Reopening To Foreigners
« Reply #1464 on: March 01, 2021, 05:48:05 PM »
First person with an electronic bracelet

https://twitter.com/ItayBlumental/status/1366413686018101249?s=19

What happens if smartphone isn't charged and dies?

And since one is allowed to go out for tests (antibody, PCR) what happens then? Are they required to take the phone along, or do they leave it behind?
-- Dan

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: March 01, 2021, 06:21:05 PM »
Just business?
DIB attitude is just not fun to deal with. Too many battle scars from my relatively short times in Israel  :(
im not gonna defend the attitude, but your battle scars are very similar to many tourist's battle scars from all over the world including the holy USA.
there are tourist scams in all countries worldwide.
even with established companies, try dealing with any company anywhere that deals mostly with foreigners or other weak elements of society. i.e. prepaid cellphones, prepaid debit cards etc, they are all a misery.
what hurts is that jews coming to e.y. are expecting to be treated differently by their brothers, and not be subject to what they are subject to in the rest of the world, and sadly it doesnt always work out that way.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1466 on: March 01, 2021, 06:27:24 PM »
im not gonna defend the attitude, but your battle scars are very similar to many tourist's battle scars from all over the world including the holy USA.
even with established companies, try dealing with any company anywhere that deals mostly with foreigners or other weak elements of society. i.e. prepaid cellphones, prepaid debit cards etc, they are all a misery.
what hurts is that jews coming to e.y. are expecting to be treated differently by their brothers, and not be subject to what they are subject to in the rest of the world, and sadly it doesnt always work out that way.
Nope, I've been all over the world.

Sorry to say that dealing with Israelis and Israeli bureaucracy is one of a kind. I love visiting, but I'd go mad living there.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline m65

• View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: March 01, 2021, 06:42:55 PM »
Nope, I've been all over the world.
i cant match u in travel experience, but every situation i hear described, ive experienced some type of attempt at the same thing in other places as well.
Sorry to say that dealing with Israelis and Israeli bureaucracy is one of a kind. I love visiting, but I'd go mad living there.
i agree its one of a kind, but when u live here u learn how to deal with it. if ure good enough u use your "foreignerisms" to your advantage and end up coming ahead.
i.e. when getting stopped for traffic violations, when appealing to get a favor etc. ,an exaggerated american accent with well placed grammar mistakes can get u a long way

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: March 01, 2021, 06:49:24 PM »
What does any of this have to do with tourists?

None of my experiences were tourist related. The only difference is that I am accustomed to a different type of business attitude. ELAL earned my 21 year boycott with their attitude (for all I know, I might have no choice but taking an ELAL flight to get out of here, but I sure hope not). The attitude is beyond bureaucratic. My SIL just told me a horror story she had trying to close down an old bank account. Can only be done in person at the branch. Can only get to the branch by appointment. Appointment requires an sms or phone call to the number on file. Number on file is outdated. Can only update the number by visiting the branch. Turned away at the door of the branch for showing up without an appointment (for updating the phone number, in order to make an appointment to close an account). You simply can't make this stuff up (and I just gave you the executive summary of the story).

Let's not even get into the farce that the ever changing half baked rules and regulations are. Did anyone mention the fiasco that went on regarding JLM on Sunday?
-- Dan

Offline yochai

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: March 01, 2021, 07:32:46 PM »
Not only would you go mad, you’d be out of business.
There’s no way for a consumer to get the upper hand there.

I lived there for the first 28 years of my life, and my eyes would pop out from seeing price mistakes, stacking coupons, relaxed return policies and sign up bonuses posted on DDMS that we could only dream of..

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: March 01, 2021, 07:34:06 PM »
https://twitter.com/kann_news/status/1366465075431804929

Government to debate a rapid test at the gates prior to departure to Israel. KLM/Netherlands do something similar
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: March 01, 2021, 08:23:41 PM »
Can anyone assist?

My nephew is scheduled to depart tomorrow from Israel - to attend his brother's wedding - but cannot locate his passport?

Any ideas?
American with US passport?

1. https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/541921/jewish/Is-there-a-prayer-for-lost-objects.htm

2. Tell him:
Stay calm. 
Try to remember the last time you're sure you had it.  Do you remember taking it out for some reason? Had you shown it to someone? 
Try to put yourself back in the mindset of that time.  What would you have done next?  Is it possible you left it there?  If so, call the place, ask for their lost and found.
Look through the pockets of everything you own.  Pants, shirts, jackets, summer clothes you haven't worn recently.
Do you carry a backpack?  Take everything out, open every zipper, look through it twice.
Still can't find it?  Call some friends over to help.  Pretend that the passport is chametz and Pesach starts in a few hours... We've got to find it.  Look everywhere it could have fallen. Under the couch cushions.  Behind the bookcase. Under the mattress.  On top of the refrigerator.  Inside every drawer and closet.  Maybe you used it as a bookmark?  Shake out every sefer. 

3. Still can't find it?  Gather together what ever identifying documents you have with your address, picture, and contact the US Embassy.
U.S. Embassy Jerusalem
14 David Flusser Street
Jerusalem 93392
Telephone: + (972) (2) 630-4000
Emergency After-Hours Telephone: + (972) (3) 519-7551
Fax: + (972) (2) 630-4070

Offline yelped

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: March 01, 2021, 08:32:09 PM »
@biobook Can you put together instructions on how to raise great kids easily and how to have the amazing Shalom Bayis and how to become a millionaire overnight?

You always have just the right away of explaining complex matters in a simple way with so much patience and respect.

Offline biobook

• View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: March 01, 2021, 09:00:15 PM »
@biobook
You always have just the right away of explaining complex matters in a simple way with so much patience and respect.
Nah, sometimes I'm snarky.
https://forums.dansdeals.com/index.php?topic=1343.msg2410988#msg2410988

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
-- Dan

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #1475 on: March 02, 2021, 06:04:34 AM »

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #1476 on: March 02, 2021, 07:57:18 AM »
I'm very confused by what seem to be the current proposals for next week. Hul Mehudar seem to believe that the vaadat harigim would still apply on the way out but not on the way in  ??? ???

Offline mijo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA: 1K, HHonors: Dia, IHG Plat
« Reply #1477 on: March 02, 2021, 07:59:55 AM »
I'm very confused by what seem to be the current proposals for next week. Hul Mehudar seem to believe that the vaadat harigim would still apply on the way out but not on the way in  ??? ???

One the one hand, we usually hear the "possible" decision before the actual meeting. On the other hand, these meetings can go on for days and then it'll already be next week

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: March 02, 2021, 08:03:30 AM »

Literally came on here to say that
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Israel (Not) Reopening To Foreigners
« Reply #1479 on: March 02, 2021, 08:06:24 AM »
What happens if smartphone isn't charged and dies?

And since one is allowed to go out for tests (antibody, PCR) what happens then? Are they required to take the phone along, or do they leave it behind?
Once someone goes out they will start thinking about it
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪