Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 653486 times)

Online flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel Reopening Ben Gurion, Still Closed To Most Foreigners
« Reply #1640 on: March 04, 2021, 10:12:37 PM »
The US agent says the 9th is all booked, as is the 7th. I guess I'll hope they just blocked all the seats and will rebook. Any other ideas?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: March 04, 2021, 10:16:23 PM »
The US agent says the 9th is all booked, as is the 7th. I guess I'll hope they just blocked all the seats and will rebook. Any other ideas?
I would take March 13/14/16 before those are gone too.
Otherwise wait to get refunded and go via London.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: March 04, 2021, 10:30:02 PM »
I would take March 13/14/16 before those are gone too.
Otherwise wait to get refunded and go via London.
Another family member has a seat on the 10th and probably won't fly. Any way to get that seat?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: March 04, 2021, 10:31:18 PM »
Another family member has a seat on the 10th and probably won't fly. Any way to get that seat?
Call and try your luck...
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: March 04, 2021, 10:43:40 PM »
How do I contact Elal regarding their emergency flights?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: March 04, 2021, 11:17:51 PM »
How do I contact Elal regarding their emergency flights?
כרטיס טיסה ניתן להזמין דרך אתר אל על*, דרך סוכן נסיעות או דרך מוקד השירות של אל על באמצעות הודעת וואטסאפ למספר 039771111. עליך להקליד מספר בקשה בתחילת השיחה: 15670 על מנת להגיע לנציג המטפל בטיסות אלו.

https://www.elal.com/he/DealsAndPackages/Hot-Deals/Pages/Special-Authorized-Flights.aspx

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: March 05, 2021, 08:16:19 AM »
GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!!
This post still bothers me. I know you were frustrated with things you were rightful to be frustrated about. But I don't know, just seems beneath you
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Online flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: March 05, 2021, 08:28:08 AM »
Anyone have number for United in Israel?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: March 05, 2021, 09:52:57 AM »
AC is selling March 10 TLV-YYZ. Perhaps UA will rebook. Galatz claims they got approval to fly.

https://twitter.com/glzradio/status/1367814123115937794

The government was supposed to vote today on extending/modifying restrictions, but it’s almost shabbos. The quarantine hotel mandate expires today.

Offline bp27

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: March 05, 2021, 10:49:08 AM »
When is United going to let people know? The flights are booked a whole week. How are they going to get these people out of Israel?
If this is all correct, why is UA91 for 3/8 still showing as On Schedule by United? When are we going to get answers? My son is scheduled on that flight.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1650 on: March 05, 2021, 11:11:21 AM »
There was no press announcement, but on March 2d the government voted to extend the expiry date of the quarantine hotel mandate from March 5 to March 7.

הכרזת סמכויות מיוחדות להתמודדות עם נגיף הקורונה החדש
(הוראת שעה) (בידוד של אדם שנכנס לישראל בנסיבות מיוחדות) (מס' 6) (תיקון מס' 2), התשפ"א-2021
בתוקף סמכותה של הממשלה לפי סעיף 22ג לחוק סמכויות מיוחדות להתמודדות עם נגיף הקורונה החדש (הוראת שעה), התש"ף-12020 (להלן - החוק), ולאחר ששוכנעה הממשלה כי יש סיכון מוגבר להגעת חולים לישראל מחוצה לה מכל מדינות העולם וכי כניסתם לישראל עלולה להביא להחמרה ברמת התחלואה במדינה, על סמך חוות דעת אפידמיולוגית מטעם משרד הבריאות, ולאחר שבחנה הממשלה דרכי פעולה חלופיות ושקלה את הצורך בהכרזה מול מידת הפגיעה בזכויות של חוזר, ובאישור ועדת החוקה
חוק ומשפט של הכנסת לפי סעיף 22ג(ח)(1) לחוק, מכריזה הממשלה לאמור:

1. בהכרזת סמכויות מיוחדות להתמודדות עם נגיף הקורונה החדש (הוראת שעה) (בידוד של אדם שנכנס לישראל בנסיבות מיוחדות) (מס' 6), התשפ"א-22021, בסעיף 2, במקום "כ"א באדר התשפ"א (5 במרס 2021) בשעה 12:00" יבוא "כ"ג באדר
התשפ"א (7 במרס 2021)
".

Not sure if it expires Sat night at midnight or Sunday night at midnight (עד ולא עד בכלל או עד ועד בכלל)

https://www.gov.il/he/departments/dynamiccollectors/gazette-official?skip=0&FolderType=3

« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 11:17:55 AM by PlatinumGuy »

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1651 on: March 05, 2021, 11:22:17 AM »
This post still bothers me. I know you were frustrated with things you were rightful to be frustrated about. But I don't know, just seems beneath you

What makes you say so? I lived for many years in the US without much urge to go to EY. In recent years I've tried to go several times a year for personal reasons. I don't really see it as going to EY, rather going for my specific personal reasons. I usually spend there just a few days.

Being denied the ability to go back to my family and my business, after being granted special permission to enter due to humanitarian reasons is just beyond weird. You can't make up the level of bureaucracy that goes on there (I just got a totally convoluted authorization from ועדת חריגים a couple of hours ago mixing up my application to enter with my application to leave, a total mixup of dates and directions). After the reason for my current visit was taken care of, and there was no pressing need for me to stay, what right do they have to deny me the ability to go back home? And if they determined on Purim that one can leave if they commit not to come back for 60 days, why take that ability offline for a few days after it was announced (which would just relieve the ועדת חריגים for a significant application load) and then bring it back out of the blue a few days later.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline bb_sam

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: March 05, 2021, 11:59:55 AM »
I see a lot of posts about the limited flights and seats from the US but Air Canada's Sunday March 7th (YYZ-TLV) flight still seems to be scheduled and flying.   The return flight is Wednesday March 10 @ 12:55am and also seems available with lots of seats.  Even though Canada is not allowing non citizen in to the country, you can still connect through the airport (provided the connection times work) without actually entering Canada. 

There isn't much mention of Air Canada as an option -- figured I'd throw this out there. 

Offline yoshapiro

• Dansdeals Bronze Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: March 05, 2021, 01:25:33 PM »
If someone is american but married to an Israeli citizen and has Israeli kids can he get back in like an Israeli?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: March 05, 2021, 01:31:33 PM »
why take that ability offline for a few days after it was announced (which would just relieve the ועדת חריגים for a significant application load) and then bring it back out of the blue a few days later.
That was probably a technical glitch
I see a lot of posts about the limited flights and seats from the US but Air Canada's Sunday March 7th (YYZ-TLV) flight still seems to be scheduled and flying.   The return flight is Wednesday March 10 @ 12:55am and also seems available with lots of seats.  Even though Canada is not allowing non citizen in to the country, you can still connect through the airport (provided the connection times work) without actually entering Canada. 

There isn't much mention of Air Canada as an option -- figured I'd throw this out there. 
You're right, although until an isolated Galatz report this morning, it didn't seem like AC would get permission to fly. There are plenty of airlines selling seats for next week that are very unlikely to fly - Turkish is a prime example.

If someone is american but married to an Israeli citizen and has Israeli kids can he get back in like an Israeli?

Per the border control authority published list, a non Israeli spouse is allowed in provided the marriage is registered in Israel and both spouses lived in Israel for most of 2019 or 2020.

However in practice, the exceptions committee isn't strictly tied to any specific rule, and it is definitely worth submitting a request that they may approve. I would frame it as reuniting with minor children and family in Israel.

Note, the current exceptions committee is only authorized to issue permits for entry by March 7. The government didn't authorize any body to issue permits after March 7 (or at least didn't announce an authorization). The committee may still issue permits, and airlines may still accept them, but YMMV.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #1655 on: March 05, 2021, 01:39:53 PM »
That was probably a technical glitch

It's nice to be מלמד זכות, but I actually doubt it. It would have been practical for many, was up for about a day or less and then went offline for 3 days. Allowing such a form to go offline due to a technical glitch, when it can relieve the exceptions committee from a significant amount of caseload, with the huge public outcry against it as a backdrop, just doesn't make any sense (though nothing does).
-- Dan

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: March 05, 2021, 02:02:12 PM »
It's nice to be מלמד זכות, but I actually doubt it. It would have been practical for many, was up for about a day or less and then went offline for 3 days. Allowing such a form to go offline due to a technical glitch, when it can relieve the exceptions committee from a significant amount of caseload, with the huge public outcry against it as a backdrop, just doesn't make any sense (though nothing does).
Your bringing proof that it wasn't a glitch, when the alternative explanations make even less sense.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: March 05, 2021, 02:28:56 PM »
Your bringing proof that it wasn't a glitch, when the alternative explanations make even less sense.

I don't recall making any alternative explanations, but I am really holding myself back emotionally from going on a tirade with all this mention of "glitch".

GS!
-- Dan

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: March 05, 2021, 02:29:57 PM »
I don't recall making any alternative explanations

Nor did I say you did... Glitch is still the most plausible explanation.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: March 05, 2021, 02:35:07 PM »
Not sure if it expires Sat night at midnight or Sunday night at midnight (עד ולא עד בכלל או עד ועד בכלל)
https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1367915441386123270

NOTAM for LLLL

https://www.notams.faa.gov/dinsQueryWeb/queryRetrievalMapAction.do

A0423/21 - COVID-19 PASSENGERS RESTRICTIONS:
   1. ALL PAX (ARRIVING AND DEPARTING) SHALL:
       A. HAVE A SPECIFIC APPROVAL FROM THE OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT
            COMMITTEE.
       B. MUST PRESENT BFR BOARDING, A MEDICAL  CERTIFICATE WITH
           A NEGATIVE CORONAVIRUS (COVID19) PCR TEST RESULT THAT WAS
          TAKEN LESS THAN 72HR BFR THEIR EST BOARDING TIME,  EXC:
         1) PAX PRESENTING AN EXEMPTION GRANTED
         2) PAX WHO STAYED LESS THAN 72 HOURS IN THEIR DESTINATION.
         3) DEPARTING PAX ONLY  WHO PRESENT AN ISRAELI VACCINATED
             CERTIFICATE, VALID ON THEIR DEPARTING DATE OR ISRAELI
             APPROVAL OF RECOVERY FOR CONFIRMED CASES ARE EXEMPT.
      C. TRANSIT PAX MUST PRESENT, BFR BOARDING THE FLT TO ISRAEL
           A MEDICAL CERTIFICATE WITH A NEGATIVE CORONAVIRUS
(COVID19)
          PCR TEST RESULT THAT WAS TAKEN NOT MORE THAN 72HR BFR THEIR
         FIRST FLT.
    2. THE AIRLINE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR RETURNING DENIED PAX TO THEIR
         AD OF ORIGIN.
    3. ALL ARR PAX SHALL UNDERGO A MANDATORY QUARANTINE ACCORDING
        TO THE GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS. 05 MAR 17:27 2021 UNTIL 07 MAR 21:59
2021. CREATED: 05 MAR 17:27 2021

A0422/21 - COVID-19 FLTS RESTRICTIONS:
   ALL INTL FLTS PROHIBITED, EXC:
   1. PAX FLT TO/FM NEW YORK (KEWR, KJFK, KLGA) AND FRANKFURT (EDDF)
       WHICH ARE APPROVED BY AP ADMINISTRATION.
   2. SPECIAL FLT APPROVED BY MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT AND ROAD SAFETY.
   3. CARGO FLT ONLY, NO PAX.
   ALL ARR INTL FLT WHO PLAN TO LAND WI TEL-AVIV FIR SHALL LAND
   AT LLBG ONLY. 05 MAR 17:26 2021 UNTIL 07 MAR 21:59 2021. CREATED: 05 MAR
17:26 2021

A0421/21 - COVID-19 FLTS RESTRICTIONS:
   FLTS CARRYING ON COVID-19 VACCINE SHALL SPECIFY IN
   FPL ITEM 18 STS/ATFMX AND RMK/VACCINE. 05 MAR 17:22 2021 UNTIL 07 MAR 21:59
2021. CREATED: 05 MAR 17:23 2021
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 02:45:32 PM by PlatinumGuy »