Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 654002 times)

Offline bigdipper8545

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
Re: Israel Reopening Ben Gurion, Still Closed To Most Foreigners
« Reply #1740 on: March 07, 2021, 01:07:58 PM »
They may have zeroed out all those flights to give priority to those originally booked on the cancelled flights, not necessarily as a precursor to those flights being cancelled themselves or even being actually sold out.
The email I got said it was cancelled due to Israeli Gov travel restrictions...
The day is short but the work aplenty

Offline mijo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA: 1K, HHonors: Dia, IHG Plat
« Reply #1741 on: March 07, 2021, 01:13:18 PM »
Mini TR for UA91 last night
Did a PCR test on Thursday morning (07:25 am) with my local Macabi clinic (free), result received in the app by 22:30, that's when I checked.  Only got an SMS on Friday morning telling me that my result was in.  Printed the PCR result in english via the app.  Note, if you want your english name in the מכבי system you need to ask a secretary to add it to the כוכב (ie old black and green) system.

Completed the exit health declaration on the gov.il site (can't find the link anymore, sorry) - and printed it.

At the airport, the only document checked before entering the building was the health form.  Those that didn't have it, could use the two kiosks before entering the building.

Security guard took my temperature and gave me a green arm band (he said, don't worry, just hold it, you don't need to put it on).

There were just 3 flights DL and LY to JFK and UA to EWR, security was quick, check-in also quick, only asked to see my PCR test in English.

Only Ilan's Coffee, small Duty Free shop in section B and 1 Chabbad guy - however, all this changed today with no exit requirements (based on the pictures on the https://www.instagram.com/bengurionairport_tlv/ feed)

Flight was normal service, with a LHR based crew, who were shocked at such a full flight, "haven't seen more than 30 people on a 787 since March 2020)

Kosher and Regular meals (Business) were smaller than before, no starter.
Exiting the aircraft per groups of 3-5 rows, everyone else was asked to remain seated.

Arrival in EWR terminal B, immigration was empty, Delhi flight arrived just after us (BH).

No questions, documents etc requested.  Only a few staff reminding people to keep their masks UP.

Offline Ploni3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: March 07, 2021, 01:25:57 PM »
The email I got said it was cancelled due to Israeli Gov travel restrictions...
You received an email about which flight?  One showing as cancelled or showing as zero availability in all classes?

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: March 07, 2021, 01:32:38 PM »
Does Elal accept PCR done more than 72 hours, but still three days?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1744 on: March 07, 2021, 01:33:14 PM »
Does Elal accept PCR done more than 72 hours, but still three days?
Israel requires 72 hours.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: March 07, 2021, 01:33:39 PM »
You received an email about which flight?  One showing as cancelled or showing as zero availability in all classes?
I got a notice that the flight was cancelled with no options for rebooking.

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: March 07, 2021, 01:34:05 PM »
I posted about Antibody tests, not PCR tests.

PCR tests - check2fly.co.il is ILS 45 at the airport.

I took a "slow test" at 1:45pm and got results at 8:47pm. And thanks to @nafnaf12 was on a 11:50pm flight.

Check2fly.co.il at the airport were a little bit of a PITA as they asked to see an itinerary, and the one I had was for more than 72 hours out, and they insisted on telling me how the test will not be valid for that flight, yada yada.

Also noteworthy, that if you go to the airport for the test, ignore the signs about מתחם בדיקות קורונה or whatever it is called. Head to terminal 3 door 3 (arrivals). Once you walk in you will make a right and go towards door 1 where you sign in, and around door 2 is where you get the actual test.

If you aren't price-sensitive and just want VIP service (someone coming to you, and fast results) call Itzik Benjamin +972-54-797-9203 (he's in Bnei Brak, I'm sure there are many others around).
Thank you. Still trying to figure out what we are doing. My wife's grandmother is in hospice and we would love to get there before or at least for a funeral. As of now, we are on a United flight next week. Working on getting documentation and starting the process with vaad hacharigah. Hoping that there is a little less backlog now that it's only for non-green passports
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: March 07, 2021, 01:34:53 PM »
Israel requires 72 hours.
To leave the country? The CDC says specifically three days not 72 hours. Instead of leaving Monday morning he's now leaving Monday night. Took his PCR on Friday.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: March 07, 2021, 01:36:40 PM »
Any details on criteria for permission for foreign nationals to enter?
I believe it’s not even clear who has authority to approve... I think they don’t want to give it back to the embassies bc the Foreign ministry is controlled by the opposition, and I believe the exceptions committee lost its mandate today.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: March 07, 2021, 01:37:26 PM »
To leave the country? The CDC says specifically three days not 72 hours. Instead of leaving Monday morning he's now leaving Monday night. Took his PCR on Friday.
A delay to after midnight will be a problem, worth taking a backup test...
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline flyingace

• View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: March 07, 2021, 01:38:09 PM »
A delay to after midnight will be a problem, worth taking a backup test...
Thanks.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: March 07, 2021, 01:38:29 PM »
Thank you. Still trying to figure out what we are doing. My wife's grandmother is in hospice and we would love to get there before or at least for a funeral. As of now, we are on a United flight next week. Working on getting documentation and starting the process with vaad hacharigah. Hoping that there is a little less backlog now that it's only for non-green passports
Go via London. Israelis and Americans allowed in and decent Sofitel attached to T5.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #1752 on: March 07, 2021, 01:39:22 PM »
https://www.dansdeals.com/airfare-deals/israel-flights/israel-will-remain-closed-foreign-nationals-least-march-20th-airport-now-open-flights-8-airports/
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #1753 on: March 07, 2021, 01:39:47 PM »
Go via London. Israelis and Americans allowed in and decent Sofitel attached to T5.
Not so easy anymore.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: March 07, 2021, 01:40:44 PM »
I guess it's just covered in the catch all " unless exempt." Surprising it leaves it vague though.
Don’t they need to fill the declaration and then get an automatic approval?

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: March 07, 2021, 01:41:22 PM »
Thanks, will definitely look into that.

BH my wife got Covid end of December and got to see her grandmother one last time a few weeks later.
It's so hard to plan right now, so close to Pesach and not sure if we can all get out or not.
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline bp27

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: March 07, 2021, 01:41:30 PM »
My son was on UA91 for tomorrow, which we all know was cancelled. Just booked him on VS via LHR for next week. What are the chances of that flying?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: March 07, 2021, 01:42:18 PM »
Not so easy anymore.
To get space? Arkia & Israir flights were wide open last I checked
My son was on UA91 for tomorrow, which we all know was cancelled. Just booked him on VS via LHR for next week. What are the chances of that flying?
Close to 100%. VS CEO is Israeli and they just loaded those flights this weekend.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: March 07, 2021, 01:45:06 PM »
So...what's the consensus on Israeli's traveling with kids for Pesach?
Is the below true? What qualifies as humanitarian reasons?

Also, what I don't get it is, if the fear is vaccine evading mutation - why more fear for non-vaccinated than vaccinated (especially if the non-vaccinated have to quarantine)
Dov Lipman is not at all reliable on these matters, despite his authoritative tone. He often misunderstands explicit rules & procedures.

Humanitarian is YMMV

Offline Dan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: March 07, 2021, 01:46:01 PM »
Dov Lipman is not at all reliable on these matters, despite his authoritative tone. He often misunderstands explicit rules & procedures.

Humanitarian is YMMV
Yup, I've called him out on being wrong in the past. Usually he just deletes it.