Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 643412 times)

Offline m65

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel Reopening Ben Gurion, Still Closed To Most Foreigners
« Reply #1960 on: March 11, 2021, 01:33:34 PM »
Thanks for all the comments and offers for help. The incomparable @nafnaf12 got us a ticket on tonight's Delta flight.
Besoros tovos
@nafnaf12  post something in reply so that u can get your well deserved likes

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: March 11, 2021, 01:59:11 PM »
The Kennset committee approved an electronic bracelet mandate for inbound passengers (there is a special arrangement for Shabbos). The Kennset will vote on it and 5000 units will arrive next week, followed by 20-30.

@PlatinumGuy what does that mean?

https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1370033430491238402?s=19

It just means they pushed off making a decision.
They can counter by allowing anyone to enter but no-one to exit.
Hotel California? People who live abroad can come but have to stay indefinitely?

They will also limit the number of flights allowed authorized, so anyone can come, but there won't be available seats.
The court explicitly said that's a de facto barrier to entry. The government countered that flights into Israel are empty and the daily quota isn't being reached (which is mostly true though probably in large part because of too much uncertainty about which flights will take off).
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline yeshivabucher

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 6
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Travel Agent, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National EE, Uber VIP, SPG Gold
« Reply #1962 on: March 11, 2021, 06:18:00 PM »
i have some seats on united motzei shabbos as well as a few spread out throughout the week pm if needed
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 06:37:57 PM by yeshivabucher »

Offline Metziahs

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: March 11, 2021, 07:42:19 PM »
Have ticket for my child  Monday evening 3-15 United TLV-EWR not coming home. Would like to get cash refund, booked it with AmEx travel. What is best option. Is it going to fly at all?
Can anyone else have a benefit from this seat?
mkol milamdie hiskoltee

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: March 13, 2021, 03:03:33 PM »
Please post any data points you here of people showing up at the airport with no approvals
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline tavster

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 65
    • View Profile
  • Programs: LY TP
« Reply #1965 on: March 13, 2021, 03:11:55 PM »
Please post any data points you here of people showing up at the airport with no approvals
A close friend flew on Wednesday with his kids after having received approval - he said no one ever asked for it (though it could be that mishmar agvul sees it in their system)

Offline elihak7

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: March 13, 2021, 03:48:55 PM »
A close friend flew on Wednesday with his kids after having received approval - he said no one ever asked for it (though it could be that mishmar agvul sees it in their system)
Israeli passports?

Offline tavster

• View Profile

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: March 14, 2021, 04:23:22 AM »
Anyone know what the correct form for vaad hacharigah is?
It used to be https://govforms.gov.il/mw/forms/ExceptionsRequest@morc.gov.il# but it doesn't seem like that works anymore
This still works https://govforms.gov.il/mw/forms/UnusualFlightOutCountry@mot.gov.il but it doesn't take additional pax
https://govforms.gov.il/mw/forms/UnusualFlightOutCountry@mot.gov.il

This is the new form, and it allows you to add additional pax

Offline mijo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA: 1K, HHonors: Dia, IHG Plat
« Reply #1970 on: March 14, 2021, 05:46:20 AM »

I flew EWR-TLV on Thursday
PCR test done in NYC, was checked at UA checkin, unable to upload it or check in via the app. Needed an agent to verify it at the counter.  That was all.
Usual, Clear, TSA-PRE, took a few mins, very empty.
No Polaris lounge yet. The agent stamped my boarding pass to get "free drinks, as many as you want at the bar"
Now for the fun....
Boarding was at gate C123 however, first there was a line, took me 38 minutes, of documents checks at gate C121.
There, all they wanted to see was my Israeli Passport and the "Entry form" Note, not the email wording, rather, the PDF which is a printout of all the fields entered in the form.

THERE WERE 2 denied boarding: 1) Expired Israeli passport - he was shouting "so what, I'm an Israeli citizen, they'll deal with me in Israel, don't worry about it United" 2) Didn't have the entry form.

Arrival in Israel, passports control via the automated machines, luggage claim, seemed like everyone had bags scanned by customs. PCR test, note: save time and get an "appointment before" via: check2fly.co.il with code "free1" (there were also staff walking around in the luggage claim area telling people to register for a test) and get a QR code.  PCR test took a few mins.

Total 43 mins from landing to leaving the airport with a cab

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #1971 on: March 14, 2021, 07:59:36 AM »
I flew EWR-TLV on Thursday
PCR test done in NYC, was checked at UA checkin, unable to upload it or check in via the app. Needed an agent to verify it at the counter.  That was all.
Usual, Clear, TSA-PRE, took a few mins, very empty.
No Polaris lounge yet. The agent stamped my boarding pass to get "free drinks, as many as you want at the bar"
Now for the fun....
Boarding was at gate C123 however, first there was a line, took me 38 minutes, of documents checks at gate C121.
There, all they wanted to see was my Israeli Passport and the "Entry form" Note, not the email wording, rather, the PDF which is a printout of all the fields entered in the form.

THERE WERE 2 denied boarding: 1) Expired Israeli passport - he was shouting "so what, I'm an Israeli citizen, they'll deal with me in Israel, don't worry about it United" 2) Didn't have the entry form.

Arrival in Israel, passports control via the automated machines, luggage claim, seemed like everyone had bags scanned by customs. PCR test, note: save time and get an "appointment before" via: check2fly.co.il with code "free1" (there were also staff walking around in the luggage claim area telling people to register for a test) and get a QR code.  PCR test took a few mins.

Total 43 mins from landing to leaving the airport with a cab

Thanks for the great info!
Where is the arrivals PCR done?  Do you have to go all the way to Tamar gate like with the departures test?  And how strict are they about the appointment time (i.e. if the flight is delayed, do I have to make a new appt.)?

Were there additional document checks in Israel (PCR results, etc.)?

Offline mijo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA: 1K, HHonors: Dia, IHG Plat
« Reply #1972 on: March 14, 2021, 08:48:41 AM »
Where is the arrivals PCR done?  Do you have to go all the way to Tamar gate like with the departures test?  And how strict are they about the appointment time (i.e. if the flight is delayed, do I have to make a new appt.)?

PCR tests were done in the "tent" next to zone G of arrivals. ie, exit customs and turn left (can't go right, it's boarded up)
Not strict, I entered my scheduled arrival time.  I think for now (may change in the future) it's to save time entering your details at one of the desks/booths.  I had a QR code already in my phone and was directed to the very short line to get stickers printed for the test.

No documents at all, no Vaccination certificate or entry form.  Maybe it's all connected via the passport and ID number. If so, well done to the Israeli government offices on streamlining.

Offline jose34

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 14, 2021, 10:53:13 AM »

Any DP of people with just B'tuch Leumi/Residents ( married students) numbers being allowed in?

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: March 14, 2021, 11:03:54 AM »
I posted about Antibody tests, not PCR tests.

PCR tests - check2fly.co.il is ILS 45 at the airport.

I took a "slow test" at 1:45pm and got results at 8:47pm. And thanks to @nafnaf12 was on a 11:50pm flight.

Check2fly.co.il at the airport were a little bit of a PITA as they asked to see an itinerary, and the one I had was for more than 72 hours out, and they insisted on telling me how the test will not be valid for that flight, yada yada.

Also noteworthy, that if you go to the airport for the test, ignore the signs about מתחם בדיקות קורונה or whatever it is called. Head to terminal 3 door 3 (arrivals). Once you walk in you will make a right and go towards door 1 where you sign in, and around door 2 is where you get the actual test.

If you aren't price-sensitive and just want VIP service (someone coming to you, and fast results) call Itzik Benjamin +972-54-797-9203 (he's in Bnei Brak, I'm sure there are many others around).
Got appointments through the kupah for everyone except DW who is a machlimah so they won't give her a test

Anyone know anything local in RBS under 250 shekel?

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #1975 on: March 14, 2021, 11:17:08 AM »
PCR tests were done in the "tent" next to zone G of arrivals. ie, exit customs and turn left (can't go right, it's boarded up)
Not strict, I entered my scheduled arrival time.  I think for now (may change in the future) it's to save time entering your details at one of the desks/booths.  I had a QR code already in my phone and was directed to the very short line to get stickers printed for the test.

No documents at all, no Vaccination certificate or entry form.  Maybe it's all connected via the passport and ID number. If so, well done to the Israeli government offices on streamlining.

Many thanks for the fast reply and helping to lower my stress level  8)

Offline tg613

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 14, 2021, 05:03:47 PM »
Does anyone know of any families who did not get on a flight because they did not have approval? I know a bunch who did get on, even though  they had no approval. they were not asked for the forms. Is it worth going to try this?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 15, 2021, 03:04:47 AM »
https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1371355976603996165

From tomorrow there is no more 3000 limit on flights departing TLV. Planes arriving empty can depart with pax to anywhere in the world
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline tavster

• View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 15, 2021, 03:06:09 AM »
https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1371355976603996165

From tomorrow there is no more 3000 limit on flights departing TLV. Planes arriving empty can depart with pax to anywhere in the world
Main question is inventory management for 3k passengers across all destinations

Offline moe8555

• View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 15, 2021, 03:50:44 AM »
Main question is inventory management for 3k passengers across all destinations

I was wondering the same thing. Any experts: please chime in!