Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 653818 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Israel Reopening Ben Gurion, Still Closed To Most Foreigners
« Reply #2060 on: March 17, 2021, 04:24:49 PM »
My experience with getting tests
Meuchedet hotline won't give you a test for travel.
My next door neighbor is a doctor and gave us hafnayot for tests. However, the system would not let them create one for DW who is a machlimah.
Pikud Haoref was running testing drives this week in Beit Shemesh without a hafnayah
So Tuesday morning, the rest of tested with Mada - first appointments of the day, done within 10 minutes
Tuesday afternoon DW went to Pikud Haoref testing site, total Pango time was 10 minutes 55 seconds.
Wednesday morning got negatives from Mada for everyone except my 3 YO. 3 YO got דרוש דיגום חוזר . I call up Meuchedet to schedule another test. They have no idea what the results mean (clearly it either means they lost the test or didn't get enough specimen). They claim that it means chiyuvi gvuli (another stupid result), but there is no way it means that. They say that I have to go to my doctor (they offer to make an appointment for Thursday ::) ). Went to the doctor's office and they said they obviously lost my test and issued another hafnayah. Got another test Wednesday morning (door to door to pick up my daughter from gan, get the test and return her to gan under 15 minutes - there is no one testing now). Got DWs negative result and 3 YO's negative result Wednesday afternoon.
Called up Meuchedet for translation of the test, they said to send an email to meida@meuhedet.co.il with copy of passport, teudat zehut number, address and cellphone number. Will report back when I hear from them

Good gosh, what a hassle. At least vaccinations didn't seem to be subject to this same bureacuracy.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline Ergel

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: March 17, 2021, 04:28:00 PM »
Good gosh, what a hassle. At least vaccinations didn't seem to be subject to this same bureacuracy.
Yeah, I wonder if I just should have gone to check2fly
Though I saved myself a trip to the airport
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: March 17, 2021, 04:31:41 PM »
That was quick - 15 minutes and the English translations are on the meuchedet App

Offline Ploni3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: March 17, 2021, 04:52:52 PM »
To  be clear, this was to avoid having to pay, right?  I had to get  my daughter a rush result for a flight and she is not signed up with any kupah - and she did it with same day results at Ichud Hatzaloh for a nice fee.

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: March 17, 2021, 05:01:54 PM »
To  be clear, this was to avoid having to pay, right?  I had to get  my daughter a rush result for a flight and she is not signed up with any kupah - and she did it with same day results at Ichud Hatzaloh for a nice fee.
We don't have ichud hatazloh locally
My options were:
1. What I did (cost $0, total time - 20 min for me + kids, 35 min for DW, 20 min for second test for daughter, one favor)
2. Test come to house (cost 650 for a single test, discount for multiples (total probably would have been at least 2000 shekel. Total time - 5 minutes)
3. check2fly (cost 300 shekel, total time- probably around 2 hours+ all told)

Offline Mikes@Micro

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: March 17, 2021, 05:14:19 PM »
I got a תעודת מתחסן after being vaccinated thru MADA, no idea about תעודת מחלים.

about your second question, they plan to start to a vaccine center at the airport, until then there is no other option if you don't have kupat cholim.
Many got both a vaccine + Certificate from Haddasah
Quote or engagement  equals full throated endorsement and vote!
H/t PinchosL

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: March 17, 2021, 05:14:55 PM »
https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/edelstein-over-4-million-eligible-for-green-passport-662259
More than half of the people reported to be infected on Tuesday were reportedly under the age of 19, with many of them under the age of 16, a demographic that is not yet eligible to receive the vaccine.
Curious how that compares to earlier in the year

Offline mijo

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 5
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA: 1K, HHonors: Dia, IHG Plat
« Reply #2068 on: March 17, 2021, 06:11:27 PM »
That was quick - 15 minutes and the English translations are on the meuchedet App

My DP, used the local Macabi, made appointment via the app. When taking the test she asked why, I said for work (not a lie, travel was for work) and results in 10 hours. English test result in the app, no email or special translation. Only catch is to make sure they have your correct English name in file. If not, it needs to be updated in the כוכב system. UA check in at TLV accepted the מכבי pcr in English. Free, 10 min walk from home.

Offline moe8555

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 12
    • View Profile
  • Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
« Reply #2069 on: March 17, 2021, 06:27:43 PM »
If the airport check2fly drive-thru is convenient and more or less on your way/in your area, I recently did the cheaper test (14 hour results) and got results in only 2.5 hours.  Nice English PDF with all required details.

No fuss or headaches.

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2070 on: March 17, 2021, 06:32:39 PM »
If the airport check2fly drive-thru is convenient and more or less on your way/in your area, I recently did the cheaper test (14 hour results) and got results in only 2.5 hours.  Nice English PDF with all required details.

No fuss or headaches.

Where is the drive-thru?
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Mendyy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: March 17, 2021, 07:37:27 PM »
What would be the easiest way for an American citizen studying in Israel with a student visa, to get access to kupat cholim, to be able to get a teudat machlim to avoid quarantine upon return?

Offline ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2072 on: March 17, 2021, 09:53:22 PM »
https://twitter.com/gotomichal/status/1372129382374985730

Law authorizing use of electronic bracelets passed. Needs a few technicalities until it becomes effective.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: March 18, 2021, 05:57:51 AM »
What would be the easiest way for an American citizen studying in Israel with a student visa, to get access to kupat cholim, to be able to get a teudat machlim to avoid quarantine upon return?
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: March 18, 2021, 02:20:04 PM »
Here is a link to the full 32 page court ruling https://t.me/c/1023468930/903106

I just skimmed through it, and it doesn’t seem like the court is striking down the prohibition for non vaccinated citizens to leave Israel. The bottom line ruling on page 19 paragraph 32 focuses on the 3000/day quota and merely states that if the government extends an entry prohibition or quota it must be based on specific data of how many Israelis are stranded abroad and not arbitrary.

N12 צ'אט הכתבים:
עמליה דואק:
ההחלטה המסתמנת על נתב"ג: עד הבחירות ביום שלישי לא תהיה מגבלה ויכניסו כמה שיותר נוסעים שיצביעו. בנוסף יציבו קלפי בנתב"ג. מיום שלישי והלאה כמות האישורים תותאם לשמירה על כללי התו הכחול. הכוונה היא להקל בתנאי התו ולקבוע כלל ריחוק מקל לעומת זה שקיים היום, שיאפשר בערך 6,000-5,000 נוסעים נכנסים ומספר דומה של נוסעים יוצאים. הדיונים בעניין עוד נמשכים אבל זה המתווה המתגבש

לי אברמוביץ':
בינתיים עוד חברות תעופה מודיעות על חידוש הטיסות לישראל וממנה: פליי דובאי מחזירה פעילות מראשון הקרוב. גם קבוצת לופטנהזה ואיבריה, כמו גם אייר סיישל. יונייטד איירליינס חוזרת ממוצ"ש לפעילות סדירה, 2 טיסות לניו יורק. אלעל מתחילה לחזור למסלול ופירסמה את לוח הטיסות לשבוע הקרוב
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: March 18, 2021, 02:21:57 PM »
N12 צ'אט הכתבים:
עמליה דואק:
ההחלטה המסתמנת על נתב"ג: עד הבחירות ביום שלישי לא תהיה מגבלה ויכניסו כמה שיותר נוסעים שיצביעו. בנוסף יציבו קלפי בנתב"ג. מיום שלישי והלאה כמות האישורים תותאם לשמירה על כללי התו הכחול. הכוונה היא להקל בתנאי התו ולקבוע כלל ריחוק מקל לעומת זה שקיים היום, שיאפשר בערך 6,000-5,000 נוסעים נכנסים ומספר דומה של נוסעים יוצאים. הדיונים בעניין עוד נמשכים אבל זה המתווה המתגבש

לי אברמוביץ':
בינתיים עוד חברות תעופה מודיעות על חידוש הטיסות לישראל וממנה: פליי דובאי מחזירה פעילות מראשון הקרוב. גם קבוצת לופטנהזה ואיבריה, כמו גם אייר סיישל. יונייטד איירליינס חוזרת ממוצ"ש לפעילות סדירה, 2 טיסות לניו יורק. אלעל מתחילה לחזור למסלול ופירסמה את לוח הטיסות לשבוע הקרוב

If they're going to throttle it to 5-6k/day, I hope they're considering the capacity of these flights and only issuing slots to stay below their max. It's been reported earlier that they'd do this, but it sounds high.
DDF FFB (Forum From Birth)

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: March 18, 2021, 02:27:02 PM »
If they're going to throttle it to 5-6k/day, I hope they're considering the capacity of these flights and only issuing slots to stay below their max. It's been reported earlier that they'd do this, but it sounds high.
Any pax limit is only enforced by slots. There has never been any other limit on arriving passengers. The slot allocations are fluid and capricious and take into account average loads. These days with the 3000 limit, around ~3700 worth of seats are flying in because average loads are ~70%

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2077 on: March 18, 2021, 02:32:15 PM »
Current NOTAM expires 3/20.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: March 18, 2021, 02:56:54 PM »
Current NOTAM expires 3/20.
As do all government restrictions on entry and exit of Israelis and aircraft.

Restrictions on Foreigners entering are set by an opaque committee chaired by the DG of the Immigration & Border Authority and their policies aren't automatically published, but they claim their procedure banning non-essential travel is in force until April 5.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2079 on: March 18, 2021, 03:00:01 PM »
Restrictions on Foreigners entering are set by an opaque committee chaired by the DG of the Immigration & Border Authority and their policies aren't automatically published, but they claim their procedure banning non-essential travel is in force until April 5.
Restrictions on foreigners have been published via NOTAM since last March.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.