Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 642779 times)

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
Re: Israel Reopening Ben Gurion, Still Closed To Most Foreigners
« Reply #2460 on: April 11, 2021, 01:43:24 AM »
You're conflating science and nature. Science is knowledge about nature, and just because the places you enumerated jumped headfirst into reliance on antibodies doesn't mean that it was "science" at that earlier point.

(This isn't denying that there may be politics involved, not opining on that.)

Not conflating anything. The knowledge was there.

The definition of science is (IMO) empirical skepticism- the idea that hypotheses must be proven to become accepted as true. Complaining that knowledge wasn’t used prior to its proof means one has a fundamental misunderstanding of what science is and how it should be used.

There isn't much proof now about this that hadn't existed many months earlier.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline map845

• DansDeals Copper Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: April 11, 2021, 07:06:21 AM »
Giving people with antibodies rights over people without them would have encouraged people to try to get the virus. It would also slow down the vaccine campaign as people would just wait to get antibodies.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2462 on: April 11, 2021, 09:33:32 AM »
Giving people with antibodies rights over people without them would have encouraged people to try to get the virus. It would also slow down the vaccine campaign as people would just wait to get antibodies.

Ahem.

I believe this is more or less @aygart's argument, but you seem to be missing the forest for the trees. Do you realize which thread this discussion is in? In Israel they have for a very long time given those "rights" to people who recovered in Israel. Where's your argument?

So for the longest time a policy that encouraged Photoshoped results as a way to get in (and exempted from quarantine) allowing unmitigated and uncontrolled admission or virus and variants (pre and post flight PCR testing are very recent requirements) was better than an objective, verifiable, scientific policy?  ::) ::) ::)

P.S.
As a side note I think a quote I heard in the name of DW's grandfather is appropriate (translated into English): "Would have and should have is apikursus."

You might want to choose your words more carefully and write "might have".
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 11:03:37 AM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 14
    • View Profile
    • Lower Watt Energy Brokers
  • Programs: www.lowerwatt.com
« Reply #2463 on: April 11, 2021, 10:49:38 AM »

P.S.
As a side note I think a quote I heard in the name of DW's grandfather is appropriate (translated into English): "Would have and should have is apikursus."

You might want to choose your words more carefully and write "might have".

I don't think that "would have encouraged" would be included in that.
Feelings don't care about your facts

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: April 11, 2021, 11:01:13 AM »
I don't think that "would have encouraged" would be included in that.

Has it been encouraging deliberate infections in EY? After all there were "rights" conferred to people infected there for quite a while.
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: April 11, 2021, 11:08:52 AM »
This is a dumb argument in this topic
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: April 11, 2021, 11:20:28 AM »
This is a dumb argument in this topic

Why is it any worse than the argument you brought above?

The bottom line is that a sensible policy of requiring PCR tests upon landing and allowing quarantine exit with a local antibody test was not implemented for reasons other than medical/scientific.

It was either politics, "this is how we do things"/Israeli bureaucracy, a power struggle (between Israeli government offices setting various policies), or a combination of some or all of the above.
-- Dan

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: April 11, 2021, 11:22:12 AM »
Has it been encouraging deliberate infections in EY? After all there were "rights" conferred to people infected there for quite a while.
I am not familiar enough. I what rights were conferred and what was the time line? It is not only a question of deliberate infections but also of carelessness.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: April 11, 2021, 11:24:53 AM »
I am not familiar enough. I what rights were conferred and what was the time line? It is not only a question of deliberate infections but also of carelessness.

תעודת מחלים has allowed people in Israel to avoid quarantine upon reentry into the country (and IINM even after confirmed exposure to a confirmed covid-19 case!). This has been true at least since the past summer, possibly earlier.
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: April 11, 2021, 11:27:55 AM »
Why is it any worse than the argument you brought above?

The bottom line is that a sensible policy of requiring PCR tests upon landing and allowing quarantine exit with a local antibody test was not implemented for reasons other than medical/scientific.
I disagree. It wasn't implemented because of fear of forgery and not following the rules plus a poor covid situation on the ground and in hospitals

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: April 11, 2021, 11:28:33 AM »
None of what you write explains why allowing antibody testing in Israel as a consistent policy couldn't have been implemented earlier. Their prior policy literally encouraged photoshop labs for travel from one of the biggest and most active markets.

Because people don't keep quarantine
If you have most people vaccinated and empty hospitals, that's not such a big deal. If you have lots of vulnerable people and full hospitals it is.
Not sure why this is so hard to understand

Offline aygart

• View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: April 11, 2021, 11:51:58 AM »
תעודת מחלים has allowed people in Israel to avoid quarantine upon reentry into the country (and IINM even after confirmed exposure to a confirmed covid-19 case!). This has been true at least since the past summer, possibly earlier.
While it is obvious to everyone here that travel into Israel is very much on your mind, considering the limits they had in place for travel even with any and all certificates, I highly doubt it would move the needle.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: April 11, 2021, 01:29:10 PM »
https://www.israelhayom.co.il/interactive/amp/article/869367

Read the last paragraph. A classical example of senseless and inconsistent policies. They are saying recoverees can/should only get one dose of the vaccine, yet won't treat them as fully vaccinated.
-- Dan

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: April 11, 2021, 02:20:46 PM »
Because people don't keep quarantine
If you have most people vaccinated and empty hospitals, that's not such a big deal. If you have lots of vulnerable people and full hospitals it is.
Not sure why this is so hard to understand

So let me understand what you're saying:

No vaccination, hospitals aren't empty, lots of vulnerable people and full hospital - policy is:

We allow Israeli citizens that have been documented as infected and recovered in Israel not to quarantine upon return to Israel or exposure to confirmed COVID-19 case. If we don't have domestic documentation, we'll accept only a foreign positive PCR test (which we cannot verify) and a foreign negative PCR test (which we also can't verify) and not require a PCR test upon arrival to exempt from quarantine.

We won't allow ANY antibody test, whether foreign or domestic as proof of prior infection. If you don't have a positive PCR test, you can't be considered recovered and are therefore subject to mandatory quarantine (which we don't really enforce that much, but if you try to leave the country while you're supposed to be in quarantine, you won't be able to, and we will hit you with a ILS 5,000 fine).

Very high vaccination rate, more than half a million recoverees in Israel, no hospital overcrowding - policy is:

PCR test required no more than 72 hours prior to departure from foreign origin, PCR test required upon arrival (at least you don't get charged for that one). If you recovered from COVID-19 overseas you can be exempted from quarantine until 6/30/2021 as long as you produce an Israeli positive antibody test (for which you are allowed to exit quarantine - we won't allow for those or vaccines administered at the airport under any circumstances, though the well connected know how to arrange for those privately), which needs to be sumbitted online (good luck if you don't have easy online access) and when someone has a chance to look at your request, you will be exempted from current and future quarantine through 6/30/2021, regardless of when your recovered, how high your antibodies are, or anything else.

This makes perfect sense, doesn't it?  ::)
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: April 11, 2021, 02:21:28 PM »
https://www.israelhayom.co.il/interactive/amp/article/869367

Read the last paragraph. A classical example of senseless and inconsistent policies. They are saying recoverees can/should only get one dose of the vaccine, yet won't treat them as fully vaccinated.
Misread habriut treats them as fully vaccinated, don't they?

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2475 on: April 11, 2021, 02:23:47 PM »

IDK.

בשיחה עם הילה, מחלימה מקורונה, היא מספרת על המצב, "אני מחלימה מקורונה, עשיתי חיסון אחד, לפי מה שהמדינה דרשה. קיבלתי תעודת מחלים, מי שמתחסן בשתי מנות מקבל תעודת מתחסן.

Would be nice if we could get a definite answer to this.

Also, if indeed they view a recoveree receiving single dose as fully vaccinated, does that hold true for people whose recovery is only documented by a domestic antibody test?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 02:27:44 PM by ExGingi »
-- Dan

Offline PlatinumGuy

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: April 11, 2021, 03:04:27 PM »
Yes, no difference.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: April 11, 2021, 03:05:40 PM »
Also, if indeed they view a recoveree receiving single dose as fully vaccinated, does that hold true for people whose recovery is only documented by a domestic antibody test?
Yes. Don't need the first dose either AFAIK.
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Offline Mendyy

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: April 11, 2021, 03:10:56 PM »
Anyone know if the quarantine bracelets were implemented, and if not, when will it start?
Also, would I be allowed to leave quarantine to get an antibody test, when bracelets are implemented, and how would misrad habriut know that I left for the antibody test and that I didn't break the quarantine rules?

Offline PlatinumGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: April 11, 2021, 03:12:34 PM »
Anyone know if the quarantine bracelets were implemented, and if not, when will it start?
Not yet, target date April 20. The plan as reported now includes an option to exit for testing via the app, but there is no way to predict the future definitively.