Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 643095 times)

Offline JlmBoi

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #2560 on: April 13, 2021, 05:34:34 PM »
When I was born it was not automatic. As both my parents where Americans I was not given citizenship. When my son was born I needed to decline the offer to make him a citizen. Unlike American policy it goes after the parents. So if a parent is Israeli the kids will be considered citizens, unless it is renounced.
You realize renouncing is not practical. They reserve the right to deny you without providing reason, it's a lengthy process, has to be done from outside the country, and if it all goes well you can't visit the country, even as a tourist, for many years.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline PlatinumGuy

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: April 13, 2021, 05:55:57 PM »
You realize renouncing is not practical. They reserve the right to deny you without providing reason, it's a lengthy process, has to be done from outside the country, and if it all goes well you can't visit the country, even as a tourist, for many years.
https://www.gov.il/BlobFolder/service/waiver_of_israeli_citizenship_for_immigrant/he/4.7.0002_0.pdf
״וזה כלל גדול: שישנא אדם כל דבר שקר. וכל מה שיוסיף שנאה לדרכי השקר – יוסיף אהבה לתורה.״ - אורחות צדיקים

Online YesThatsMe

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: April 13, 2021, 11:29:32 PM »

שטוית ומיץ אגבניות

Online ExGingi

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2563 on: April 13, 2021, 11:32:56 PM »
שטוית ומיץ אגבניות

Spoken like a non-Israeli.

שטויות במיץ עגבניות.  ;)

It used to be a lengthy process and might have been easily denied. As far as I understand, that changed quite a few years ago, and now it's just a matter of complying with the process. That process being: updating personal family status (marriage, children, etc.), having a foreign citizenship, and applying outside of Israel (and paying a fee). When applying to renounce Israeli citizenship I think children under 18 can be included.

After getting rid of Israeli citizenship there is no problem to visit Israel (in normal, non Covid-19 times).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 11:51:11 PM by ExGingi »
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Online mgarfin

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: April 14, 2021, 12:31:04 AM »
Spoken like a non-Israeli.

שטויות במיץ עגבניות.  ;)

It used to be a lengthy process and might have been easily denied. As far as I understand, that changed quite a few years ago, and now it's just a matter of complying with the process. That process being: updating personal family status (marriage, children, etc.), having a foreign citizenship, and applying outside of Israel (and paying a fee). When applying to renounce Israeli citizenship I think children under 18 can be included.

After getting rid of Israeli citizenship there is no problem to visit Israel (in normal, non Covid-19 times).

Worth nothing Though those children under 18 will not be eligible for a student visa ( last I checked)

Offline JlmBoi

• View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: April 14, 2021, 03:07:04 AM »
Also precludes one from being able to live in Israel as a student. The whole thing is based on permanent emigration.
The chiddush of DDF is the way Dan Deals with all us crazies 🤪

Offline Traveler718

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: April 14, 2021, 11:12:18 AM »
https://chaimvchessed.com/israel-entry-issues/

Due to the relaxation of entry rules, thousands are now traveling to Israel. Additionally, students who have been issued entry permits are hastening to commence their studies in Israel this week. Several issues and problems which have come up are addressed below.

PCR Tests: Required for Babies as Well
As we have noted earlier, every single traveler to Israel must present a negative Covid test in order to be allowed to board a flight to Israel. This includes passengers of ALL ages – including newborn babies. Chaim V’Chessed has been contacted on a daily basis by frantic parents in airports abroad who arrived for their flights without Covid tests for their young babies. Unfortunately, we have not been able to help as this is an ironclad requirement.

Passport Numbers on PCR Tests
In recent days, passengers traveling on United Airlines from Newark to Tel Aviv have been prevented from boarding if their PCR tests did not include their passport number. This, in fact, is not a requirement of the Israeli authorities, but rather was instituted by United airport representatives. We have contacted United officials in Israel who have said that his policy will be lifted. We are hopeful that this will take effect immediately. However, whenever possible, attempt to have your passport number listed on your PCR test, to avoid any difficulties.

Air France Demanding Medical Insurance
A sizable group of yeshiva students are currently being detained in Paris and are being prevented from boarding their Air France flight to Tel Aviv. According to airline officials, these students must present proof of medical insurance in Israel. In fact, although it is always recommended to have medical insurance, there is no such requirement forcing passengers to show proof of insurance. Chaim V’Chessed has reached out to the Foreign Ministry who has confirmed that this is not an Israeli policy, but rather an Air France requirement. Israeli Embassy officials in Paris are attempting to have this rule revoked. In the meantime, Chaim V’Chessed has suggested a creative work-around for detained passengers:. We have advised them to simply go online and purchase traveler’s insurance policies which will satisfy the Air France requirement.

UPDATE: Air France has conceded that there is no such requirement, and allowed the un-insured passengers to board their flight. However, at this hour, passengers traveling on Air Canada are now being stymied by a similar demand for medical insurance. Chaim V’Chessed representatives are now involved in resolving this misunderstanding by the airline. At the same time, we are advising travelers to immediately purchase travelers insurance policies online.

Repeat Entry Permits
We have received numerous queries as to whether students who have received entry permits will be allowed to receive a second entry permit, should they leave Israel during their studies. As of now, it is unclear whether authorities will issue second permits, and some are indicating a lack of willingness to do so. The issue continues to be discussed, but it should not be assumed that second permits will be granted.

Hence, we advise students who wish to travel abroad to proceed with caution.

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2567 on: April 14, 2021, 11:15:34 AM »
The NOTAM originally said the PCR needed a passport number. It was later removed.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2568 on: April 14, 2021, 11:25:25 AM »
Air France Demanding Medical Insurance
A sizable group of yeshiva students are currently being detained in Paris and are being prevented from boarding their Air France flight to Tel Aviv. According to airline officials, these students must present proof of medical insurance in Israel. In fact, although it is always recommended to have medical insurance, there is no such requirement forcing passengers to show proof of insurance. Chaim V’Chessed has reached out to the Foreign Ministry who has confirmed that this is not an Israeli policy, but rather an Air France requirement. Israeli Embassy officials in Paris are attempting to have this rule revoked. In the meantime, Chaim V’Chessed has suggested a creative work-around for detained passengers:. We have advised them to simply go online and purchase traveler’s insurance policies which will satisfy the Air France requirement.

UPDATE: Air France has conceded that there is no such requirement, and allowed the un-insured passengers to board their flight. However, at this hour, passengers traveling on Air Canada are now being stymied by a similar demand for medical insurance. Chaim V’Chessed representatives are now involved in resolving this misunderstanding by the airline. At the same time, we are advising travelers to immediately purchase travelers insurance policies online.

While the airlines shouldn't be requiring it, there is a very easy quick fix, where one can buy insurance and have proof issued instantly. Though not all policies can be purchased once departure from the home country has occurred, there are those than can be purchased at any time.
-- Dan

Offline Ploni3

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: April 14, 2021, 11:50:08 AM »
The way I read the regulation, insurance is explicitly required.  Does anyone have a different interpretation?
"The entry of foreigners into Israel is subject to presentation of health insurance (including a section covering the Coronavirus disease)."
https://www.gov.il/en/departments/news/border_closing_coronavirus_14062020

Offline bamo

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: April 14, 2021, 11:58:24 AM »
anyone have a link to an insurance that can be bought instantly that cover covid19??  TIA

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: April 14, 2021, 12:02:31 PM »
anyone have a link to an insurance that can be bought instantly that cover covid19??  TIA

PM sent
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Shauly101

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 1
    • View Profile
  • Programs: Dirshu!
« Reply #2573 on: April 14, 2021, 02:25:00 PM »
is a brother considered first level family?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline Moshe26

• View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: April 14, 2021, 04:46:39 PM »
i would really appreciate it if someone here could help me out with some question regarding entering Israel from US.
If my wife and i are both Israeli but the kids arent do we need a permit to enter?
do citizen need to be vaccinated before coming in?
what about foreigners?
what would be the rules in regards to quarantining?  none of us are vaccinated but DW and i have antibodies

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: April 14, 2021, 04:58:31 PM »
i would really appreciate it if someone here could help me out with some question regarding entering Israel from US.
If my wife and i are both Israeli but the kids arent do we need a permit to enter?
do citizen need to be vaccinated before coming in?
what about foreigners?
what would be the rules in regards to quarantining?  none of us are vaccinated but DW and i have antibodies
You don't need permits, your kids do
You don't need to be vaccinated. You will need to quarantine upon arrival and take an antibody test to leave quarantine
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline Ploni3

• View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: April 14, 2021, 04:58:58 PM »
As citizens you are allowed to enter without a permit or vaccination. The kids will require a permit (and probably vaccination) and may have serious complications traveling to and from Israel (as discussed  a page or two above in this thread) if their parents are Israeli.
You will all have to quarantine and if you can pass an antibody test at a government recognized facility and manage to submit the results properly,  you may be released early.

Offline Moshe26

• View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: April 14, 2021, 05:09:05 PM »
You don't need permits, your kids do
You don't need to be vaccinated. You will need to quarantine upon arrival and take an antibody test to leave quarantine
As citizens you are allowed to enter without a permit or vaccination. The kids will require a permit (and probably vaccination) and may have serious complications traveling to and from Israel (as discussed  a page or two above in this thread) if their parents are Israeli.
You will all have to quarantine and if you can pass an antibody test at a government recognized facility and manage to submit the results properly,  you may be released early.

thanks- i guess israell not looking good for a summer trip this year :'(

Offline Ploni3

• View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: April 14, 2021, 05:36:48 PM »
Wait, you did not say anything about the summer.  This is the situation today.  It is anyone's guess what the summer will bring.