Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 642963 times)

Offline dealfinder11

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #2580 on: April 14, 2021, 05:55:23 PM »
As citizens you are allowed to enter without a permit or vaccination. The kids will require a permit (and probably vaccination) and may have serious complications traveling to and from Israel (as discussed  a page or two above in this thread) if their parents are Israeli.
You will all have to quarantine and if you can pass an antibody test at a government recognized facility and manage to submit the results properly,  you may be released early.

You don't need permits, your kids do
You don't need to be vaccinated. You will need to quarantine upon arrival and take an antibody test to leave quarantine

anybody know how long the whole process takes?

Offline Ploni3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: April 14, 2021, 06:04:27 PM »
If you mean the process of getting permits, there have been reports of turn around within 48 hours and there are cases where there has not been a meaningful response to get the process started from the consulate for a full week after submitting documents.  The NYC consulate asks for two weeks for processing.
The getting out of quarantine can happen within a couple of days if you can figure it out but don't bet on it.  There is a company that is offering its service to expedite but I can't vouch for them.

Offline dealfinder11

• View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: April 14, 2021, 07:09:52 PM »
If you mean the process of getting permits, there have been reports of turn around within 48 hours and there are cases where there has not been a meaningful response to get the process started from the consulate for a full week after submitting documents.  The NYC consulate asks for two weeks for processing.
The getting out of quarantine can happen within a couple of days if you can figure it out but don't bet on it.  There is a company that is offering its service to expedite but I can't vouch for them.

Thanx. i'm also hearing that people or constantly getting checked on by the authorities to make sure they are in quarantine.

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: April 14, 2021, 08:41:25 PM »
I'm unclear on something.  If I am granted entry to Israel under the first degree relative exemption, I still have to quarantine for 14 days unless I get an Israeli Antibody test.  So I'm allowed to leave quarantine to go and get the test? If I'm coming in at night I won't be able to go straight from the airport. 

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2584 on: April 14, 2021, 08:42:44 PM »
I'm unclear on something.  If I am granted entry to Israel under the first degree relative exemption, I still have to quarantine for 14 days unless I get an Israeli Antibody test.  So I'm allowed to leave quarantine to go and get the test? If I'm coming in at night I won't be able to go straight from the airport. 
Yes.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: April 14, 2021, 08:44:45 PM »
TY.  Is there anywhere in the airport that is does it and is considered an approved site?

Online ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2586 on: April 14, 2021, 08:53:47 PM »
TY.  Is there anywhere in the airport that is does it and is considered an approved site?

No. But you can have it done privately by a phlebotomist that will submit to an approved lab.
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• DansDeals.com Hat Tips 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: April 15, 2021, 05:03:05 AM »
How is it possible that check2fly doesn't offer this yet
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Offline met

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2588 on: April 15, 2021, 06:11:31 AM »
No. But you can have it done privately by a phlebotomist that will submit to an approved lab.
if we arrive in the evening and have it done privately would it be processed in the evening? Or would it need to wait for the lab to open in the morning regardless?

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2589 on: April 15, 2021, 08:44:51 AM »
if we arrive in the evening and have it done privately would it be processed in the evening? Or would it need to wait for the lab to open in the morning regardless?

IDK. Why don't you ask whoever you might schedule it with. My guess is that it could be processed overnight too, I think hospital labs (where these things are processed) work 24/7.
-- Dan

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: April 15, 2021, 08:46:03 AM »
How is it possible that check2fly doesn't offer this yet

::)

Hasn't COVID-19 (and living in Israel) taught you a thing or two?

You're asking questions as to why logical things aren't happening? In Israel of all places? ::)
-- Dan

Offline Ergel

• View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: April 15, 2021, 08:54:39 AM »
::)

Hasn't COVID-19 (and living in Israel) taught you a thing or two?

You're asking questions as to why logical things aren't happening? In Israel of all places? ::)
It never seizes to amaze me how private companies have such an easy way of making money and choose not to
Life isn't about checking the boxes. Nobody cares.

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: April 15, 2021, 09:14:19 AM »
It never seizes ceases to amaze me how private companies have such an easy way of making money and choose not to
FTFY

Don't forget, Israel isn't a very business friendly country.

An enterprising phlebotomist would set up shop in close proximity (assuming that on-premises would be problematic) and advertise the availability of tests close to the airport. But then he'd have everyone all over him with rules, regulations, taxes etc.
-- Dan

Offline yfr bachur

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: April 15, 2021, 11:16:17 AM »
If my wife and i are both Israeli but the kids arent do we need a permit to enter

I would make sure that your kids really arent Israeli.
It is very possible that they in fact are Israeli, with all the benefits and obligations that that entails.

Offline davidd75

• Dansdeals Presidential Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: April 15, 2021, 11:45:58 AM »
Israeli Citizen living in the US and vaccinated in the US can visit Israel without prior permission and will be able to exit quarantine in Israel with a positive antibody test in Israel?

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #2595 on: April 15, 2021, 11:56:29 AM »

From seeing what my extended family went through recently dot all your I and T's before flying internationally. 

They came fully vaccinated from Israel to visit the US and thought returning to Israel would be relatively straightforward.  Well first of all for one of the flights on Lufthansa through Germany my family member was first told no covid test would be necessary to enter Germany.  Then she was told at the airport she needed one.  She took one but when she went back a second time to the airport she was told no good because it needed to be 48 hours prior to flight and hers was within 72 hours so she had to shell out $ at the airport(ewr) and take another covid test and this time it was positive!  so she is still in the US while most of her immediate family is in Israel yikes!!

also one of her daughter unexpectedly tested positive and is still in the US a week after she was suppose to return to Israel for school etc.....

I am not sure if people realize how much can go wrong

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: April 15, 2021, 12:01:02 PM »
From seeing what my extended family went through recently dot all your I and T's before flying internationally. 

They came fully vaccinated from Israel to visit the US and thought returning to Israel would be relatively straightforward.  Well first of all for one of the flights on Lufthansa through Germany my family member was first told no covid test would be necessary to enter Germany.  Then she was told at the airport she needed one.  She took one but when she went back a second time to the airport she was told no good because it needed to be 48 hours prior to flight and hers was within 72 hours so she had to shell out $ at the airport(ewr) and take another covid test and this time it was positive!  so she is still in the US while most of her immediate family is in Israel yikes!!

also one of her daughter unexpectedly tested positive and is still in the US a week after she was suppose to return to Israel for school etc.....

I am not sure if people realize how much can go wrong

False positives or reinfections? I take it they tested positive on a rapid, did they follow up with PCR?
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline Happyguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: April 15, 2021, 12:22:41 PM »
If anyone is desperate and has some spare cash ::)

Online ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: April 15, 2021, 12:38:04 PM »
False positives or reinfections? I take it they tested positive on a rapid, did they follow up with PCR?

Last time I went I tested positive. Took 2 additional tests and they were both negative. Also tested upon arrival in EY and negative.
-- Dan

Offline davidd75

• View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: April 15, 2021, 01:04:39 PM »

Not sure
The daughter had a rapid negative but 2 PCR positives
Her mother had 1 PCR negative and followed up by a PCR positive within a span of like 3 days!

Unless someone is super flexible with being out of the country for longer than anticipated I am just not sure if worth travelling internationally yet