Topic Wiki

Link to form that needs to be filled out within 48 hours of flight to Israel

Accordingly, the FINAL criteria For entering Israel are as follows - you must meet ONE of these conditions in order to enter Israel:

1. Vaccinated within 180 days of the trip with either a second vaccine or a booster and it must be at least 14 days after the shot.

2. Recovered within 180 days of the trip with DIGITAL proof of a positive PCR result and more than 11 days have passed since the positive result. This type of proof only exists in the EU. The UK will likely have it as well.

3. Recovered anytime – even more than 180 days before the trip - with DIGITAL proof of positive PCR result AND vaccinated with at least one dose within 180 days of the trip. Again at the moment the digital proof only exists in the EU and possibly the UK shortly.

Your vaccination or recovery CANNOT expire while in Israel, which means you may not be in Israel more than 180 days after your vaccine or recovery have expired.

CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING THE TERMS OF ENTRY: VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE ABOVE CRITERIA CAN MEAN SANCTIONS INCLUDING BARRING YOUR ENTRY TO ISRAEL FOR 5 YEARS.

Link to pay for the Covid test that you'll take upon arrival in TLV

Author Topic: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread  (Read 643439 times)

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 30K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 79
    • View Profile
Re: Israel And Ben Gurion COVID-19 Reopening Master Thread
« Reply #2660 on: April 18, 2021, 07:23:08 PM »
Thanks. Unfortunately, it didn't start off too good.

I had United plan B confirmed in I for UA84. Arrived at EWR about 1:15 prior to flight. Check in took a little long (agent was a little incompetent in checking my documents). By the time check in procedure was done they had closed the flight (58 minutes to scheduled departure). Begging didn't help. Asked for a supervisor, but it was a long wait for a supervisor to show up. They were totally understaffed.

"Do you want me to put you on the evening flight or do you want to wait for a supervisor?" I eventually relented to let her put me on the evening flight, as no supervisor was in sight, and when she prints the boarding pass I see she put me in economy! Eventually a supervisor came and put me back in business for the evening flight, but wouldn't budge about putting me back on the afternoon flight. Day killed and lesson learned (hopefully).

Oy, may that be the worst of it, bez”h.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline ExGingi

• Dansdeals Lifetime 10K Presidential Platinum Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 19
    • View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2661 on: April 18, 2021, 07:30:55 PM »
When you say check-in was started, were you at the agents deals already, or standing in the line 1:15 before? When did you reach the desk?

At the kiosk. Everything already entered, waiting for agent verification of my docs (which is a total joke. None of these can or are verified for authenticity).
I've been waiting over 5 years with bated breath for someone to say that!
-- Dan

Offline LizR

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: April 18, 2021, 08:50:03 PM »
Still trying to gather info about visiting a first degree relative.  Regarding quarantining in Israel for 14 days, I see conflicting info. On one page it says The duration of the isolation is 14 days, there is an option to shorten to 10 days if the person in isolation takes two coronavirus tests at the times set in the protocol and both test results are negative.
and on the other it says Upon arrival in Israel you must go into quarantine and take a serological test from an approved lab. This link has a list of approved labs: https://chaimvchessed.com/wp-
content/uploads/2021/01/Approved-Labs.pdfOnce you receive proof of antibodies from the test results, contact the Health Ministry using this
link: https://govforms.gov.il/mw/forms/QuarantineExceptionExit%40health.gov.il and wait for
official approval to leave quarantine.

So which is it? 

Offline Ploni3

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite + Lifetime Gold Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: April 18, 2021, 09:11:40 PM »
Both. You quarantine and get out on the earliest of: (a) after 14 days; (b) after 10 days with two negative Corona infection tests; or (c) after a positive Corona antibody test.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
  • Programs: בשורת הגאולה. From Exile to Redemption. GIYF. AAdvantage Executive Platinum®
« Reply #2664 on: April 18, 2021, 09:12:54 PM »
Still trying to gather info about visiting a first degree relative.  Regarding quarantining in Israel for 14 days, I see conflicting info. On one page it says The duration of the isolation is 14 days, there is an option to shorten to 10 days if the person in isolation takes two coronavirus tests at the times set in the protocol and both test results are negative.
and on the other it says Upon arrival in Israel you must go into quarantine and take a serological test from an approved lab. This link has a list of approved labs: https://chaimvchessed.com/wp-
content/uploads/2021/01/Approved-Labs.pdfOnce you receive proof of antibodies from the test results, contact the Health Ministry using this
link: https://govforms.gov.il/mw/forms/QuarantineExceptionExit%40health.gov.il and wait for

So which is it?

It's all of the above. No contradiction.

If you do nothing you need to quarantine for 14 days.

If you take another PCR test on day 9 and it comes back negative, you can exit quarantine on day 10.

If you take an (Israeli) antibody test and it comes back above the threshold, you can submit it and get a quarantine exemption at any time.
-- Dan

Offline bsteinerman

• DansDeals Copper Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: April 18, 2021, 09:38:35 PM »
We are flying to Isreal IY"H the end of May for my brother in law's wedding. Major hurtle now is getting all our documents apostilled. My brother in law's birth certificate is in Israel, and it's not even the "long form" version with the Letter of Exemplification (NYC requirement). Has anyone had success getting apostilled copies accepted by the consul? We are trying apostille.net, but I've heard that YMMV.

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: April 18, 2021, 09:46:50 PM »

So which is it? 

To clarify the other two responses to your question in other words: When they say Coronovirus tests they mean PCR tests to confirm you don’t have a current COVID infection, and when they say serological/antibody test they mean a test to show you recovered from a previous infection and your immune system still has antibodies present above a certain threshold, which would make you less susceptible to reinfection.
100% of Likes will be donated to support our brothers and sisters in Eretz Yisrael

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: April 18, 2021, 09:50:22 PM »
We are flying to Isreal IY"H the end of May for my brother in law's wedding. Major hurtle now is getting all our documents apostilled. My brother in law's birth certificate is in Israel, and it's not even the "long form" version with the Letter of Exemplification (NYC requirement). Has anyone had success getting apostilled copies accepted by the consul? We are trying apostille.net, but I've heard that YMMV.

The extent to which they will go to get these documents authenticated vs the ease of getting away with false PCR tests is mind boggling.

It's all about power and control.

Yes, I get that they want to limit exceptions and avoid forgery, but maybe they should figure out a more reasonable way. A vaccine record or antibody test with a HIPAA release (or equivalent from other countries) could be implemented if there was enough willpower to actually restart tourism in a safe way, rather than just hold onto control and restrictions.
-- Dan

Offline YOSSI170

• Dansdeals Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: April 18, 2021, 10:43:15 PM »
To clarify the other two responses to your question in other words: When they say Coronovirus tests they mean PCR tests to confirm you don’t have a current COVID infection, and when they say serological/antibody test they mean a test to show you recovered from a previous infection and your immune system still has antibodies present above a certain threshold, which would make you less susceptible to reinfection.

Anyone knows what the threshold is?

Offline Dan

• Administrator
  • Dansdeals Lifetime 50K Diamond Elite
  • DansDeals.com Hat Tips 16442
    • View Profile
  • Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL Dirt, Hyatt Glob, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, DD Diamond, Blocked By @NeriaKraus
« Reply #2669 on: April 18, 2021, 10:44:19 PM »
Anyone knows what the threshold is?
Depends on the test I'd assume.
Save your time, I don't answer PM. Post it in the forum and a dedicated DDF'er will get back to you as soon as possible.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: April 18, 2021, 10:51:07 PM »
Depends on the test I'd assume.

Every test has its reference range.
-- Dan

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: April 18, 2021, 11:52:19 PM »
Every test has its reference range.

And:
1. The thresholds/ranges aren’t necessarily proportionate to eachother when comparing two tests/results
2. The tests are at best semi-qualitative, meaning the numbers are an approximation/indication, not necessarily directly correlated to a specific titer count.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: April 19, 2021, 07:03:55 AM »
And:
1. The thresholds/ranges aren’t necessarily proportionate to eachother when comparing two tests/results
2. The tests are at best semi-qualitative, meaning the numbers are an approximation/indication, not necessarily directly correlated to a specific titer count.

While you might be right in all your points, they are meaningless.

All that matters is that the test comes out positive in relationships to its own reference. And if it came back positive on one, it’s likely to come back positive on another.
-- Dan

Offline madhatter349

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: April 19, 2021, 07:19:28 AM »

Which antibody test are they performing? Nucleocapsid (N) protein or Spike (S) protein?? Those that have been vaccinated and never had covid should in theory only show Spike protein, not Nucleocapsid.

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: April 19, 2021, 07:25:04 AM »
Which antibody test are they performing? Nucleocapsid (N) protein or Spike (S) protein?? Those that have been vaccinated and never had covid should in theory only show Spike protein, not Nucleocapsid.

I believe they test for spike protein.
-- Dan

Offline madhatter349

• Dansdeals Silver Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: April 19, 2021, 07:48:54 AM »
I believe they test for spike protein.

Thanks

Offline flyingace

• Dansdeals Lifetime Platinum Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: April 19, 2021, 08:27:25 AM »
While you might be right in all your points, they are meaningless.

All that matters is that the test comes out positive in relationships to its own reference. And if it came back positive on one, it’s likely to come back positive on another.
Not sure which type of test it was, but family member had an Israeli antibody test result of 70, where anything over one is positive. Misrad Habriut did not consider it enough without a positive PCR for machlimim.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 10:24:32 AM by flyingace »

Offline ExGingi

• View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: April 19, 2021, 08:49:32 AM »
Not sure which type of test it was, but family member had a result of 70, where anything over one is positive. Misrad Habriut did not consider it enough without a positive PCR for machlimim.

I submitted a US antibody test in lieu of positive PCR and was recognized as מחלים based on that and the Israeli antibody test.

ETA. And since it's pure bureaucracy at this point, and an Israeli antibody test is needed in all cases, I don't see ANYTHING wrong with submitting a forged positive PCR test.
-- Dan

Offline th0306

• Dansdeals Gold Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: April 19, 2021, 09:15:52 AM »
What does it take to form a tourist group to enter Israel from 05/23?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 09:21:24 AM by th0306 »

Offline AsherO

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2679 on: April 19, 2021, 09:50:18 AM »
ETA. And since it's pure bureaucracy at this point, and an Israeli antibody test is needed in all cases, I don't see ANYTHING wrong with submitting a forged positive PCR test.

YMMV (the first M is for Morals)